Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????A shout to the February sleevers ????

Scheduled for Sleeve Feb 16. Starting weight 250

Goal weight 150

I had my surgery yesterday. They found and repaired a hernia during my surgery. I didn't get to go home today...too much pain. I'm really starting to feel better tonight though. I'm on Clear Liquids. Im sooo thirsty but I don't have an appetite at all.

Congratulations sleeksleever.... You are indeed heading to be a sleeksleever...

No pain no gain (in our case loss☺️)

This is the worst you will ever feel, your pain will just heal from here on ????

Feel better my friend

I had my surgery yesterday. I found out that I had a hernia that they removed during surgery. I'm feeling pretty good today no nausea, and I am able to drink fluids pretty easily. I'm much more sore than I'd thought I'd be. I'm so relieved that the surgery is over and my new life is beginning!

Girl, congratulation!! Glad to know you've had your surgery and your well. Now your really journey begins. Keep up posted on your recovery and progress!

My sleeve surgery is scheduled for 2-24. I was/am excited but have almost talked myself out of it. I don't want to be nausea /vomiting and bald. I have a sensitivity to certain textures and fear I won't get enough Protein. My Dr is only having me do 2 days of soft diet and 2 days of clear liquid diet. I'll take all feedback- the good, bad and the ugly. I do need some support at this point.

My sleeve surgery is scheduled for 2-24. I was/am excited but have almost talked myself out of it. I don't want to be nausea /vomiting and bald. I have a sensitivity to certain textures and fear I won't get enough Protein. My Dr is only having me do 2 days of soft diet and 2 days of clear liquid diet. I'll take all feedback- the good, bad and the ugly. I do need some support at this point.

. Beginning weight 246- goal- healthier!

Edited by lesliesnavely

I had my sleeve on 2/9 and the morning of I got so nervous I considered canceling. But I am really glad I didn't. At seven days out, I have no pain, the gas is gone and other than being tired, I feel great. I know every person is different, but my experience was far better than I anticipated. The thing that helped me stay the course throughout the process was imagining what life would be like if I had the surgery and then what life would be like if I didn't. I couldn't bear the thought of spending any more of my life struggling with my weight. Think about what led you to this decision in the first place and trust that you know what is best, whichever way you decide to go. Wishing you peace and clarity in making your decision!

Wow.... I m so happy to hear the feb sleevers are doing well already and losing oodles of weight.

Lol.... I m scared that I may chicken out at the last minute, considering I won't remember a thing and the pain (in my head, worse thing ever) I have made a huge deal about it hopefully God is kind to me.... Once that traumatic week passes... It will be a smooth sail ⛵️

Does anyone else worry about the hair fall? I m terrified ????????... I have made up my mind, if it goes any worse than my imagination I going shave my head ????

Does anyone else worry about the hair fall? I m terrified ????????... I have made up my mind, if it goes any worse than my imagination I going shave my head ????

LOL I'm not too worried about it. I have a pretty full head of hair. But if I lose it, that's what wigs and weaves are for. My aunt lost most of her hair to alapecia and it's now a horse shoe pattern. You'd never know it after she gets it styled at the salon. Her hair always looks amazing. There are many many ways around baldness.

Wow.... I m so happy to hear the feb sleevers are doing well already and losing oodles of weight.

Lol.... I m scared that I may chicken out at the last minute, considering I won't remember a thing and the pain (in my head, worse thing ever) I have made a huge deal about it hopefully God is kind to me.... Once that traumatic week passes... It will be a smooth sail ⛵️

Lol i think we all worry about hair loss..im only 12 days out and doing great with no Hair loss yet but they say you dont really start to loss it unitl between 3 and 6 month mark..great right in time for summer ill be bold lmao! And as far as the pain goes (for me anyway) was less then a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10..i was shocked when i woke up from surgery and only felt a little sore since im a big wennie and hate anything that has to do with pain lol. I think you will do fine. Good luck

Feb 18th is the day! I am nervous, excited..ready to start my new life! I am also worried about Hair loss, amd loose skin. NUT says Protein, protein, protein! I also hear Gelatin is good, not the kind we get in Jell-O, but the kind you get making stock, aka Bone Broth. You can alao purchase good gelatin to add to food.< /p>

Good luck jenbaby75

Just ✌️ days to go for a big life changing event ????☺️

Yes Protein is the key word!

How's your pre op diet coming along? Any kind of nervousness msg us here, we are there to give ???? to each other and Ofcourse ➕ and surely laugh at our loose moments ????????

Are your bags packed? What you carrying with yourself to the hospital?