Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have questions about my surgery Thursday

Yes,are you too? :)

So you're in Jan 15th too?

Thank you, I feel good about the choice of antibacterial scented soap I chose. :rolleyes: :lol:

I got dial lavender, the scent didn't matter to Dr or hospital at my pre op. I have to use a solution they have me as well for three days before surgery.

Yep! We've got a Jan 15th thread you may want to join us! seems like there are just a handful of us but that's great! We can keep in touch, I plan on writing as I go and as soon as I can post op. Having the toughest time tonight on pre op, worst night yet since Jan 1st, I finally broke down and ate sf Jello, which I think is worthless normally but it seemed to help. You doing ok?

Having a hard time today also. I woke up with a really bad headache caffeine with draw or lack of food! :blink: Glad the Jello helped . I think I am going to try some too. Girl we are going to get through this and be healthy and sexy! :D I would love to join you all. How? :)

Yep! We've got a Jan 15th thread you may want to join us! seems like there are just a handful of us but that's great! We can keep in touch, I plan on writing as I go and as soon as I can post op. Having the toughest time tonight on pre op, worst night yet since Jan 1st, I finally broke down and ate sf Jello, which I think is worthless normally but it seemed to help. You doing ok?

Yes we are! :) I quit caffeine months ago because I'm prone to headaches anyway. Oh just look for it here on pre-op. It says January 15th anyone? There are people on and around that date so we r kinda keeping in touch. I can't believe it's almost here.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. My 7 year old had a bad dream and was crying for me. I am so nervous and excited too! Have you got everything done that you need to do and get?

Yes we are! :) I quit caffeine months ago because I'm prone to headaches anyway. Oh just look for it here on pre-op. It says January 15th anyone? There are people on and around that date so we r kinda keeping in touch. I can't believe it's almost here.

Yep, one last trip to the store yesterday after church. I picked up Iron pills that I didn't know I needed til last week. A food scale, popcicles, a couple Protein Shots and Protein gels to keep in my bag, a strainer for Soup, I can't remember what else. I have been prepared for months then my surgery got schedule out about 4 months and it just knocked the air out of me. Anyway those were the lady couple things I hadn't picked up. I would like to have a pill crusher but it wasn't on my list so naturally I didn't remember it in my own ha. It's going to be a little hard to focus at work this week I think. As long as I can control this late evening head hunger for the more nights I should be good!

Hey! I'm on the 14th, so these are useful tips. I actually have a special MRSA-prevention soap that they gave me at my pre-op appt.--I have to wash with it every day starting today.

A lot of people talk about Gas-x strips, but would we really be allowed to take them at the hospital? I thought you were restricted to what they give you there...

Oh, and I have a hiatal hernia, too! Here's hoping that at this time next week we're all feeling great. :)

Hey! I'm on the 14th, so these are useful tips. I actually have a special MRSA-prevention soap that they gave me at my pre-op appt.--I have to wash with it every day starting today.

A lot of people talk about Gas-x strips, but would we really be allowed to take them at the hospital? I thought you were restricted to what they give you there...

Oh, and I have a hiatal hernia, too! Here's hoping that at this time next week we're all feeling great. :)

I think a lot of people who opt to have surgery in Mexico bring Gas-X strips. I was started on omeprazole in the hospital so I didn't need to bring anything. Most hospitals will want to know what meds you are taking and if you need it they will likely provide you with something for the gas.

GasX Strips were allowed for me. If nothing else, they are great for that medicinal or ketone horsebreath...nice minty taste plus they immediately dissolve in your mouth.

Beautifully put! I hope we are all feeling great too! I heard about the gas-x-strips too. I don't think they allow them. I wish you all the best and no pain! :o :D Eventually we will be :rolleyes: skinnier, healthier, and sexier!!!! :o ;)

I have head hunger too. Nights are also the worst. That is when my girls are in bed and my cleaning is done. My husband and I like to catch up on our tv watching and snack! :unsure:

Yep, one last trip to the store yesterday after church. I picked up Iron pills that I didn't know I needed til last week. A food scale, popcicles, a couple Protein shots and Protein gels to keep in my bag, a strainer for Soup, I can't remember what else. I have been prepared for months then my surgery got schedule out about 4 months and it just knocked the air out of me. Anyway those were the lady couple things I hadn't picked up. I would like to have a pill crusher but it wasn't on my list so naturally I didn't remember it in my own ha. It's going to be a little hard to focus at work this week I think. As long as I can control this late evening head hunger for the more nights I should be good!

GasX Strips were allowed for me. If nothing else, they are great for that medicinal or ketone horsebreath...nice minty taste plus they immediately dissolve in your mouth.

horse breath laughing out loud in public lol

I've seen, heard, read all different things about the gas x strips. Depends on the hospital and the doctor etc. I've got some packed, it's not like they take up any room.

Edited by downsizingdiva

Chapstick is the #1 thing!!! Phone charger and other than that, hospital provides everything. Just had my surgery on the 9th, home on the 11th and doing well. Painful but getting up to walk is key. 24 hours later I actually gave myself a wash up. It felt nice but nothing like coming home and being in your own bed, shower, etc! It's so worth it and you won't remember too much about that day....my sister had text me and I text her back that I was at the movies!!! She was a little concerned but started laughing cause I had hit my morephine button!! You will do fine, just remember the chapstick