Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had Gastric bypass on Thursday April 23rd. My doctor insist on me staying here until Monday or Tuesday. I still have my drain, I am on airflow oxygen, nothing to eat or drink since the Wednesday before surgery. The doctor wants to do the liquid test on Monday to see if my new stomach will function properly. I have not been hungry, but I am in so much pain and I am on pain meds every 4 hours. When does it goes away? This pain is worst than a c-section and I am starting to regret the surgery.

I had Gastric bypass on Thursday April 23rd. My doctor insist on me staying here until Monday or Tuesday. I still have my drain, I am on airflow oxygen, nothing to eat or drink since the Wednesday before surgery. The doctor wants to do the liquid test on Monday to see if my new stomach will function properly. I have not been hungry, but I am in so much pain and I am on pain meds every 4 hours. When does it goes away? This pain is worst than a c-section and I am starting to regret the surgery.

Walk. Walking helps to pass the gas and loosen up your muscles after surgery. In the 2 days I was in the hospital after the operation, I walked 100 lapse. I also got off the pain meds as soon as possible.

I actually know someone who did have it reversed because her abdominal discomfort was terrible and she was constantly sick with stomach cramps and struggled with receiving nutrients. Yes, it can be reversed but I do think that the circumstances have to be extreme. Personally, this is one of the reasons why I picked the RNY. The sleeve permanently parts with a portion of your stomach.

Can you have that person get ahold of me. I am 10 months post op. Have had several complications. I have lost too much weight. I am presently on liquid feedings. I can not eat food without pain. I can not absorb nutrients. I need to talk to someone who has been through this.

Hi there ...i am researching the reversal as well.... only three week out and already have complication ended in hospital..... my hernia as they thought would get better but it hasn't and its causing now the reflux which is painful and am still on liquids ( 5 weeks on liquids) i have tried puree food and been in a lot of pain.... its not buyers remorse... its the fact that i am unwell after this operation more so then i was before.

Sent from my SM-G925F using the BariatricPal App

Sorry, but y'all need to be patient. Patient with yourselves emotionally, patient with yourselves bodily, and patient with the surgery. I had a bunch of wicked problems for the first 6 months; i even had a stricture that resolved itself, severe gastritis bordering on ulcer, daily nausea, even blood in my stool after surgery, infected incisions, stalls, you name it. I was lucky I had my surgery at a bariatric center of excellence where they address with psychological impact the surgery may have, and got me into counseling immediately after surgery. It has done wonders for me. Please consider joining a bariatric group in your area and speaking with a counselor. You made the choice to surgically alter your digestive track. Give it some time. Most of these issues will resolve themselves.

@@lucja t You have to be patient, keep the lines of communication open with your doctor, and be committed. I am also 3 weeks out. While my recovery has been pretty normal, I have had a couple of bumps in the road. I am barely past all liquids... pureed foods only and only very tiny amounts. It's a normal place to be right now.

Talk to a counselor. Go to support groups. But 3 weeks out is too early to be ready to throw in the towel. Find your strength and commitment that you had going into this surgery.

The RNY surgery is a seriously extensive surgery. You will be healing for about a year. If you are having problems getting fluids down, try sugar free popsicles.

Your whole abdomen is inflamed. One of the biggest mistakes people don't even realize they are making is that you have to SLOW DOWN your drinking. You cannot drink like before.

Another thing that causes pain, very bad pain, is the pain meds.

Did you go home with a script for liquid meds?

Guess what is in that:

In addition the following inactive ingredients are present: anhydrous citric acid, artificial cherry flavor, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #6, high fructose corn syrup, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol, propylparaben, purified Water, saccharin sodium, and sodium citrate.

Do you see it?

If you are going to continue with pain meds, switch to regular strength Tylenol, crush it and put it in yogurt or applesauce. Yeah it's gonna taste terrible but no more of that crazy side and back pain you get from the liquid solution.

Keep on hand or sugar free popsicles, Gas X, and Tylenol.