Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Epic battle of the FAT CELL!

Last night my son burst into tears over my weight loss.

Edited by bellabloom

Last night my five year old son had a huge meltdown. He lost his first tooth yesterday and I think this got him thinking about change in general, and he suddenly burst into tears, ran to me sobbing on my shoulder, and exclaimed,

"mommy I want you to stay the same. I don't want you to look different!"

And I asked him what he was worried about and he told me,

"I don't want you to get skinny. I like you the way you are. I want you to stay my same mommy. Your not fat your perfect the way you are. If you get skinny you won't give soft hugs anymore!!!!!" And he is sobbing against my chest by now, his little body shuddering.

My son is such a gentle and caring guy. He had to listen to his dad ( now my ex) insult me horribly about my weight for years poor thing, and he feels very defensive about it. He is always telling me how he doesn't think I'm fat and he never calls me fat- he is very careful and it's priceless watching him backtrack when he slips up. Yesterday he compared me to a pumpkin but then caught himself stating how some pumpkins are skinny. :) I love him so much.

Nothing I could say about health or energy would stop him from crying. So I explained it to him the best way I knew how.

"You know how there are red blood cells and white blood cells and germ cells?"

"Uh huh." Sniffle and sob.

"Well, mommys belly is full of fat cells. That fat cells look like this!"

post-235696-14189979576268_thumb.jpg

"They DOOOO???" His eyes are saucers.

"Yup. And I want those mean stinky cells out of my body. So I'm trying to get rid of them. I need more skinny cells!"

Tears are gone at this point.

"Mommy wait I can draw a skinny cell!! And they'll have an epic battle in your belly!!"

post-235696-14189979737923_thumb.jpg

Now all he wants to talk about is he can't wait until my skinny cells lop the heads off all those fat cells. A bloody battle, no survivors.

Boys. :)

Edited by bellabloom

What a wonderful little boy you have! And he's so smart. I don't think either of my children were so aware of other people's feelings at 5 year old. You must be bursting with pride.

Epic battle! That is priceless!! 5 year olds aren't what they used to be! :) Best to you and your son!

Awww he sounds like my 5 year old son!!! You have a great lil man! ????

I love this and I am now going to use this epic battle as a way to describe what the change is about! Fantastic Mommying! Kudos to you both!!

That is beyond adorable.

I am all for a childrens book!! Great and magical explanation...

GREAT story and well told! I just hope your husband is learning some lessons here as well.

Ex husband. Lesson learned. :)

I am SO glad to hear that! I didn't want to say it before; but what a jerK!

Hehehe. Yes he was!!!!!!!!! Best 250 lbs I ever lost. :). Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm so proud of my kids.