Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting cold feet for Weight Loss Surgery. Advice needed!

@@sonosuzy it looks like you're having the lap band done, and that is somehting I would never consider and would be too afraid of, but the sleeve, I have absolutely no regrets, so far I love it and miss nothing what so ever from my life before the sleeve.

Not sure how or why you'd be afraid of the band. Band is the least invasive surgical options of all those currently available. Or are you referring you'd be afraid of not being successful with it?

I love my band and its helped me lose 285lbs since April 2012....and like you I miss nothing whatsoever before my band.

Not sure how or why you'd be afraid of the band. Band is the least invasive surgical options of all those currently available. Or are you referring you'd be afraid of not being successful with it?

I love my band and its helped me lose 285lbs since April 2012....and like you I miss nothing whatsoever before my band.

Here here! Everyone is entitled to their opinions but you can't say the band scares you and not clarify why. I too have been very successful and have had zero issues with it and eat everything I ate before except junk and fast food..because I make the choice not to and not because I can't eat it. Good luck with the whatever surgery you decide on suzy.

Honestly, I wish I could have done it when I was on the lower end of the BMI chart and got a handle on it before it got a handle on me. Good Luck.

Getting cold feet

@@sonosuzy

first off

please put on a pair of warm woolen socks :)

now, isn't that better? :)

its understandable to have those thoughts, nerves etc. before WLS

but - you made the wise decision to have your choice of surgery - the lapband :)

don't 2nd guess yourself now!!!

I had surgery 3 years ago

i reached goal one year PO

I have been successful on maintenance these past two years

if i didn't have the "assistance" of the sleeve

i might have gained the 105 lbs that i lost with the help of the sleeve

my diabetes/insulin - high blood pressure - CPAP are all gone :)

epilepsy meds/dosage cut in half (unexpected wonderful NSV :) )

now i'm so healthy and happy i could burst!!! :)

i look cute as a button too!!!" :D :D :D

am i happy i had surgery???

what do you think?? ;)

your surgery is on Monday :o :)

try and stay calm

take a nap while the doc is working ;)

good luck bud

speedy recovery

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I am thrilled with my surgery. I have had zero problems. My only regret is that I waited until I was over 400lbs before I did it. It's normal to have a few jitters but the surgery is safe and could change your life for the better.

My biggest regret is that I waited so long to have WLS. I let my fears rule me for too long. My life is so much better now, but I could have been enjoying this vastly improved health years earlier.

I agree its a painful adjustment but once you hit that 4 to 6 wks things will turn around. I'm at 4 wks and just starting to feel normal. Good look eveyone.

I do not regret it at all. Wish I would have done it sooner. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything either. I feel so much better, so much more energetic and even more positive. Things that hurt before, do not hurt anymore. I don't have to poke myself 4 x's a day with an insulin shot. I look in the mirror and am in awe of all the body changes (even though some of them seem weird to me).

sonosuzy, how are you today? Looks like your surgery was 12/22. I'm scheduled for the sleeve on 12/31 and am freaking out a bit today. It is one week away... nervous! I just have read through and noticed your were feeling the same and wondering how you got through it all.

Best wishes!

All surgery comes with risks and you have to be willing to assume those risks. To me it was without question a necessary step in survival and one I am so happy I took. I still have some weight to lose but I feel so much better and apparently I look much better because I get a steady stream of compliments. I no longer run from the camera and am now willing to be upfront and center when the photographs are being made. It's like I'm a new person and my only regrets are that I wasted so many years of not feeling and looking my best. I'll never go back... I love the new me and the new life style.

My resolution is getting my TTon January 2nd &continuing to eat & be healthier

I am totally happy i had the surgery. I have saved my lfie, with a little help from my surgeon. I could not do this on my own...and now the surgery ahs given me what I need to survive and thrive and live. :D