Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fixing a stricture with a stent? any succes stories and experiences? Help!

Thanks.... Im holding on but is hard....the nausea and the pain is really bad...I just hope this works and all this sacrifice is not in vain....

I just hope I can hold it until January 12, when the stent is scheduled to be removed.

@RJ'S/beginning

read you had complications, considering all you went thru would you still have baritric surgery? With all the paint etc, was it worth it?

Thanks

Honestly, no.

Ask me in a couple of years and my answer may be different.

At this moment I absolutely regret my surgery. I hate what I did to my body and its was a mistake. The pain and the suffering is really bad....

@RJ'S/beginning

read you had complications, considering all you went thru would you still have baritric surgery? With all the paint etc, was it worth it?

Thanks

A resounding YES! All I have been through has been worth it for me personally. All the things I can do now have made me live again. It has given me the opportunity to walk again for unlimited amounts, I can hold my grand daughter close to my heart. I can go anywhere without people staring at me or laughing at me....My health was okay other then a very sore back and high blood pressure. But not being able to walk really limited my life and it would not have been for me to live in a wheel chair and have my family care for me at my age if there was an option.

We live in a world where the minority has control of the majority. The fat shaming has really had a toll on my self image and I could not take much more. The experiences I have had are heart breaking and the fact that others are out there floundering around without a hope breaks my heart.

I still have some issues but I am thin and I can now move around without stares or moo sounds and I am practically invisible. I think that if people are in a place where there is not a lot of choices the surgery is their final problem solver if they remember to see it as a tool.

Sometimes I get a reminder of what I have gone through and still have to face but in the whole and it makes me cry. But on the now and what has changed in my life for the good...I am grateful for the miracle of WLS....

In the complication department I am a minority. Most folks have little to no trouble..For me the dice roll was bad.....Hey life happens........

If I had to do it all over again I would have picked the by pass......The sleeve was not the right choice for me in the long run..But hind sight is 20/20 right.....

Thank you for asking.. :)

If I had it to do again..would I? No way!

Especially not in Mexico. I ve lost 6 months of my life that I will never get back, what I put my family through was awful ( being so sick), the huge medical bills ( well over $100,000) the pain, the 10 additional surgeries, medical procedures, the medical induced depression, the tubes, drains, collapsed lung, the nausea, vomiting/wretching. Not on your life would I do it again.

If I had it to do again..would I? No way!

Especially not in Mexico. I ve lost 6 months of my life that I will never get back, what I put my family through was awful ( being so sick), the huge medical bills ( well over $100,000) the pain, the 10 additional surgeries, medical procedures, the medical induced depression, the tubes, drains, collapsed lung, the nausea, vomiting/wretching. Not on your life would I do it again.

I understand your thinking totally. But I can't go back in time..So I try to be positive at all times over what has happened to me and what is in my future......I know that someday I will be strong and healthy once more...If I look at it as a mistake and let it get to me..I am domed. Because 50 % of our happiness and well being depends on attitude. I can't afford to let it rule my world...I will take it one day at a time.......I have experienced all you have except the 100,000 dollars..yikes!

Sorry for all you have suffered..You are not a lone in this..There are some of us out here that have been close to death because of our choice. And painfully so there are family members of some that even lost their lives because of this choice..

What bothers me is that no one really tells us of what the real consequences of this surgery might, may, possibly, could happen...I have learned more then I ever wanted to know. And I bet you did too.......

Thank you RJ, that really helped. Attitude is so much of this effort and success.

Can you tell me why you'd do the by-pass instead of sleeve?

I'm pretty anxious about having the surgery but do feel I have no choice and will be so limited in my final years (I'm 64) that I will do this fear and all. Also, if I don't my husband is going to be taking care of me in ways that weight loss will prevent.

Thank you again, baj

• Mowgli19 Thank you for your honesty. And I am so sorry for your suffering.

I am scared to have the surgery but may more scared of what I will put my family thru if I don't.

I hope you will be feeling better soon and maybe have better results.

Thank you again for your response.

Thank you RJ, that really helped. Attitude is so much of this effort and success.

Can you tell me why you'd do the by-pass instead of sleeve?

I'm pretty anxious about having the surgery but do feel I have no choice and will be so limited in my final years (I'm 64) that I will do this fear and all. Also, if I don't my husband is going to be taking care of me in ways that weight loss will prevent.

Thank you again, baj

I said I would have gone with the by pass because in the end I have one plus the sleeve...I think with everything I have been through in hind sight I would have just taken the route that would have maybe shortened my complications for me..It was kinda a tongue in cheek thing to say because I wanted the sleeve so much only because of nutritional reasons...But any of the surgeries will work..All are successful if all goes well. And you follow the surgeons advice..

The thing is and will always be is that I was in a place where I like you felt that WLS was my only option left. That if I did not do it I would die anyway. Or worse be a person with no quality of life. So I was willing to face anything..And I have...I will continue to fight for this tool and be grateful for the good it has done for me.....Sure I have bad days but who doesn't. If you take wLS on without knowing the possible complications..Then you are not ready for whatever comes.....

I was willing to die for it.....I did not want to continue in the way I was....The walking ( barely ) dead!

Sending love and comfort your way hun...anytime I am here for you.. @ I mean that kiddo!

Jane

@RJ'S/beginning

Jane, thank you again. Would you mind staying in touch with me during this time before and after surgery? I won't bug you too much but I'd like to have someone who's been thru it and has a positive attitude cuz I'm sure I'm going to have some questions. I don't know how to make these private so we can exchange emails. thanks

Anybody else that would like to share their experience with a stent or strictures? I have had mine in for two weeks and it has been the worse experience of my life. The pain, the nausea, the Constipation, the constant feeling of pressure is simply unbearable.....I dont know how im going to make for two more weeks.....im scared and in terrible pain.

@@ArthurTower you don't get it do you..There is no ' I don't know how I'm going to make it. ' You just are! You are going to understand that this is for the good of your sleeve and that it might possibly be the fix you need to repair your complication.

You have to pick yourself up and go forward! You keep looking for more experiences, but all of them are almost the same when it comes to stents. They are exactly how you described them. If you can't handle one stent I hope to h**l nothing else happens to you.....More times then not the stents do the job....Stop worrying about what might happen or worry about any other things except the moment to moment experience. And have a good attitude. It will help you heal....okay!

You got this......

Thanks, I know this is the way to fix my complication, but is so hard....

I cant sleep, I cant drive, I cant go to work, I basically sitting on a chair in a haze of pain, nausea and pain killers....

I was just trying to hear how people cope with the nausea and the pain....maybe some natural remedies or treatments..... Anything....

Thanks, I know this is the way to fix my complication, but is so hard....

I cant sleep, I cant drive, I cant go to work, I basically sitting on a chair in a haze of pain, nausea and pain killers....

I was just trying to hear how people cope with the nausea and the pain....maybe some natural remedies or treatments..... Anything....

If it is too much pain for you then you really need more then over the counter can offer you. Maybe you need to see your surgeon for some extra help. I know I had that help when I was going through this too. But I want you to remember that this is soon going to be over and hopefully all it is going to take to get you back on track.....