Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would not consider YOU a successful WLS patient!

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. I appreciate your kindness in regards my place here. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me lately. Sent me into a whip.

This journey is struggle enough without all the outside influences that gather in our heads to try to send us off our path. Another day in the life of...anyone of us that have had one or any difficulties getting on with our trek in life. The goal of being healthy. :)

I have learned a lot from your posts and appreciate every one of them. Many people would miss your wisdom and insight if you left this forum. You have lost your excess weight so you are successful. Some medical professionals just don't have the right stuff. Instead of letting his know-it-all ego do the talking he should have done what was right for the patient.

You yourself knows how Bariatric Pal helps. You don't need your friend to tell you it doesn't. Next time just thank her for her opinion and log right in and get some needed support. Love you an hugs!

I'm so sorry you went through all that bs. Speaking for myself, I will say that I need you here so please don't go anywhere! <3

RJ I have posted directly to you on several occasions. I do that rarely with others. My comments are usually more general in nature. But your advice, responses, etc have always been so helpful to me, and always said with kindness. That is what I think of whenever I see your name in a post. I actually seek out your responses. I know they will be factual, and to the point, and NEVER in a condescending manner. I can only hope that you get as much advice, support and return kindness from the rest of us. Please stay the course. Someday you will turn the corner and the pestering complications will be behind you. You deserve good things. If I have learned anything from your posts it is to pay it forward and emulate what you do.... Provide responses that I hope will follow your example.......Being helpful with ultimate Kindness being priority one! Yup, just like you do!

I think you need a different endocrinologist. I had a period of hypoglycemia-- passed out and sprained my ankle. The doc I saw was recommended by my bariatric surgeon. He told me to eat a small protein/carb snack every two hours after meals. I wasn't eating enough at meals. If the diet changes didn't work, he told me there were effective medications.

I was a complicated dance-- eat then wait an hour and drink Water then eat. Upshot is that it did work for me.

But if it didn't there are meds.

You are a success. But sometimes it takes a while to convince your body!!

Hang in there.

RJ what is it with these rude doctors in your part of Canada? CANADIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NICE! Your stories are ruining my impression of Canadians. I don't think any doctor who makes you cry on your first visit has a good bedside manner. There is a way to deliver bad news without being an assclown. Dude sounds like an assclown.

RJ what is it with these rude doctors in your part of Canada? CANADIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NICE! Your stories are ruining my impression of Canadians. I don't think any doctor who makes you cry on your first visit has a good bedside manner. There is a way to deliver bad news without being an assclown. Dude sounds like an assclown.

The Province I live in is not a rich Province. And so the programs are just not there. Out West, wow they have it made. It depends where you live what is offered to you. the general communities of people are wonderful and that is what keeps me here. It has been a hard run for me all my life here with the medical field. I am sure I am not a lone. The USA offers a lot of benefits and so they get a lot of our doctors. Along with other countries and so we have what is left. some are amazing, others not so much.

Sometimes I think because of all the bad experiences I have had with doctors that I paint them all with the same brush when I see them. Then when they turn out to be nice. I am shocked and surprised and even taken off guard. My plastics guy is so amazing.....I hope he takes me on as a patient for the skin removal.....

We are not all bad or mean. But you are right, I have had my fair share of bad ones. but remember I do speak my mind which causes them the need to defend themselves when it comes to what is happening to me or say WLS patients.

If nothing else. the country is beautiful and worth taking a look at! ;)

I think you need a different endocrinologist. I had a period of hypoglycemia-- passed out and sprained my ankle. The doc I saw was recommended by my bariatric surgeon. He told me to eat a small protein/carb snack every two hours after meals. I wasn't eating enough at meals. If the diet changes didn't work, he told me there were effective medications.

I was a complicated dance-- eat then wait an hour and drink Water then eat. Upshot is that it did work for me.

But if it didn't there are meds.

You are a success. But sometimes it takes a while to convince your body!!

Hang in there.

They believe that I might have tumors on my Pancreas. And if that is so then I will have to have them removed. But won't know for a few weeks. At the very least my entire system is messed up and they feel that my liver, pancreas, bowels and stomach are under stress from the 5.5 months of no eating and all the rest of it since. Like heavy, heavy antibiotics. So they know that what will maybe work for you will not work for me. they are going to try the new diet and if that does not work I will have to take meds for it....More meds. I only took blood pressure pills before surgery. Now a fist full.

I still think it was worth it......I can do so many more things and between treatments and complications I have a much improved life in so many ways....Hard to complain too much eh! :)

Weight loss surgery is for ONE THING. Weight loss! Everything else is gravy-- diabetes going away, coming off of blood pressure, pain meds, what have you... those are all BENEFITS to WLS but they are side benefits, not intended results. Were you overweight? Did you lose weight? Are you at a healthy BMI?

Are you still alive?

Congratulations, you're WLS success story. That particular doctor defines success as WLS Solves All Health Problems. If it didn't heal your broken toe, it didn't work and you just 'survived the surgery'. Do us all a favor: drop that doctor and drop that friend that suggested this site does nothing for you. Hundreds of thousands of members completely disagree with her!

If it feels right, then you belong! There's a big difference between saying that the surgery didn't give you the most ideal result (ie, you're still having health issues) and saying you're a failure at the surgery, because you sure as hell aren't. You took a chance, did the very best you could with the hand you were dealt, and saved your own life.

Weight loss surgery is for ONE THING. Weight loss! Everything else is gravy-- diabetes going away, coming off of blood pressure, pain meds, what have you... those are all BENEFITS to WLS but they are side benefits, not intended results. Were you overweight? Did you lose weight? Are you at a healthy BMI?

Are you still alive?

Congratulations, you're WLS success story. That particular doctor defines success as WLS Solves All Health Problems. If it didn't heal your broken toe, it didn't work and you just 'survived the surgery'. Do us all a favor: drop that doctor and drop that friend that suggested this site does nothing for you. Hundreds of thousands of members completely disagree with her!

Yes she said that Bariatric Pal has done nothing to help me.....I disagree with that statement completely. But what she mostly implied was that I could not offer help other then talk about my botched surgery.

Yes she said that Bariatric Pal has done nothing to help me.....I disagree with that statement completely. But what she mostly implied was that I could not offer help other then talk about my botched surgery.

As someone you HAVE helped, I can say with authority that she is wrong.

Hi RJ, you are still my hero and I do not say that in jest. When I first came here and saw your stats (even with your complications) that told me that hey....maybe I really can do this. Since then you have been so supportive of me and so many others. I'm sorry your friend doesn't "get it". But you are an icon here and you best not go anywhere! We will find you! LOL (((HUGS))).

In terms of the doctor I think he might be looking at it from a statistical viewpoint. With your complications you are not the poster child for success that they want to show the world but that does not mean you are not a success! Look at what you have done!! When you see the dietitian I doubt they want to see you gain weight and I know you will let him/her know how important this is to you.

I want you to be happy and healthy. I believe in you!

Edited by sophie'sChoice

RJ...you have been an inspiration to me! We each have our own journey and unfortunately yours has been a rough one. I appreciate the experience and insight you offer to all. I have lost most of my faith in the medial community...I hate it...but it's currently how I feel. You are needed and wanted here!! You are a sucess story...don't let ANYONE bring you down. You are alive and here....not sure about you but I am not sure I could have said that with the weight still on. You WILL get control of the health issues!! Take care girl and thank you for being here!!

RJ- I am puzzled. How can someone tell you that you don't belong in a support group? Why would you take that feedback to heart? Of course you belong here.

I know you have been through hell and back even though I don't understand why.

What I also know is that state of mind and attitude are HUGE toward good health and healing. I don't know why it keeps happening, but it seems like every interaction you have iwth the medical field is fraught with negative and painful emotions. I realized you can't change THEM but you can change how you choose to feel about it, respond to it etc. I think you SHOULD consider some sort of counseling - and I don't mean talking to a shrink but perhaps learning some techniques like guided imagery or others that help enable your mind to help your body heal. It is a way of training your brain to bring in positive emotions and feelings which is healing over the stress and anxiety feelings that can make any of us sick.

You always have a positive word for everyone. I hope you can find it for YOURSELF. I know that is easier said than done, but I also know it is possible.