Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My lunch bag is a sad place right now

Thanks All! I usually had some chocolate in my bag for such cravings but that was before surgery. I don't want to pick up the habit again. I would like to hope that a little taste every now and again will satisfy me. I will say this... I had a major habit of getting some sort of chocolate at checkout every time I went shopping (grocery, Target, Walmart, wherever...). I haven't added a chocolate treat to my shopping list in a long time. :D Victory for me!

I have used this mindfulness exercise in the past.

Take one small piece of dark chocolate. Slowly and mindfully open the package noticing everything that there is about all your senses (feel, sound, smell, etc.).

Place the chocolate on your tongue and let it slowly warm up and melt in your mouth.

It is very surprising how long a single piece of chocolate can last and how satisfying it can be.

Why goldfish? :)

HaHa.....It's just the one tervis tumbler I use. It is really cute. The goldfish design that is on it looks like real goldfish.

HaHa.....It's just the one tervis tumbler I use. It is really cute. The goldfish design that is on it looks like real goldfish.

Oh! Hahahaha! I have that one. I read that as Tervis tumbler FILLED with goldfish. I was thinking BAD carb!

This is the most amazing thing in the world and will help with the chocolate cravings: http://www.mybariatricpantry.com/Pantry_Selections_Hot_Chocolate_Plain_p/ps-ht_choc_plain.htm

I too have the Goldfish Tervis!! We have adorable taste in drinkware!!

I eat chocolate. Organic, dark chocolate covered almonds. I find about 1/2 a serving is great....it equals about 6-7 pieces.

Sugar and I no longer agree so I make sure it isn't a top ingredient.

I also drink a lot of Swiss Miss diet cocoa! I mix in 1 tbsp of dutched cocoa powder, 2 tsp of Splenda, 1/2 cup of 1% Lactaid or Soymilk, 1/2 cup Water and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. It is chocolaty guilt-free goodness.

Have you tried cocoa powder? You can add it to things like your yogurt, or ricotta cheese, or coffee, or even hot Water with a bit of splenda. If you can handle real chocolate, hey, go for it--they say dark chocolate's good for you, right? I, unfortunately, cannot stop after just one so I avoid altogether. And if I have major cravings for one thing in particular, that's usually a sign that it's something I can't handle so I'll eliminate it and then the cravings go away after 2-3 weeks. But like I said, if YOU can handle it, you could always go for a small amount of the real thing!

My lunch bag is almost always a frozen meal, a Greek yogurt and some kind of fruit like an apple and beef Jerky or a Protein bar if I'm going to the gym. Seriously, it's the same thing every day. It's sad. But going out to lunch is an expensive waste. $10 on something from the corner bakery or potbelly that will just be thrown out because the portion is ginormous.

Also, have a square of chocolate. Or get chocolate yogurt.

Trader Joe's sells a very good Low Carb chocolate bar called "Simply Lite". I have maybe one per month. The sugar alcohols can have a laxitive effect, so it acts as built in moderation for me.

my lunch bag is also sad. i find that meals turn me off, and the look of so much food nauseates me, so i just snack here and there. i have 4 chicken nuggets (VERY soft meat) cooked every day-that's about the highest calorie count i have. they are one of the only foods i can eat that go down well besides the packet chicken noodle broths and my Protein shakes, which are delicious.

otherwise--i'm pretty boring, just low sugar iced tea, milk and Water, day in and day out. the chicken nuggets have a pretty high fat content too...so i only have 4 per day. *sigh*

Have you tried the toasted coconut almonds? They are 100% delicious!

I just realized you're craving dark chocolate lol. I like the freezing a bar idea! I'm going to try that!