Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what do you regret or not regret about GB?

Hello! I'm scheduled to having a revision from sleeve to gastric bypass on February 27,2015. I'm having mixed emotions about all this. The reason I need a revision is because I didn't lose enough weight with my sleeve. I ended up losing 50pds. Which is good!! But not enough I have 70-80 more pds to go. I've tried EVERYTHING!! Intense exercise I eat what I'm suppose to but I'm allergic to fruits vegetables and all kind of nuts!! So that doesn't help much. If I eat vegetables cooked I'll be alright but if they're raw.. Forget it it'll get ugly!!

What I want to know is how the people that have gotten the gastric bypass or about to get it feel about it. Did you also have mixed emotins? What do u like and don't like about it??

Thank you in advance for taking ur time and sharing ur thoughts!!:)

Each person will have their own unique answer to this. As for me, the only regret I have, is that I did not do it sooner. I did have to be in the right head space to be as successful as I have been (down 210lbs), but on the whole, There are no real regrets. I have loved not being as reliant on food as it controlled my life before. Now food is simply a fuel I must have in order to do all of the amazing things I have been doing. My life still revolves around food, just in a different way. Now I have to plan out my day to make sure I am taking in all of the nutrition I need to succeed.

If you keep with the determination it sounds like you have now to lose weight, once the revision is done you will knock off that last little bit with no problem. I am so excited for you.

Congratulations on ur weight loss over 200 pds is amazing!!! Wow I really hope I can get to my goal this time around!!! Thank you for taking ur time and responding :))

As cliche as it sounds, I regret that I didn't do this sooner.

Nothing else.

As cliche as it sounds, I regret that I didn't do this sooner.

Nothing else.

Now I'm scared just yesterday I was mentioning it to a friend and she right away made a big deal and said "u need to becareful I know of several people that have died from that surgery!!" Oh my that scarred me :(

You will be fine. By and large, complications are rare.

Y'know what? The number of folks who've died from bariatric surgery is waaaaay less than those who have died from diabetes, heart disease & any of the other comorbidities that so many of us suffer. I know a number of folks who've died after open heart surgery. Would that keep me from having it if it were deemed the proper avenue to improve and/or save my life? No way. Sure, every surgery has its risks- bariatric surgery's are very low. When you look at your quality of life and its projected outcome, is it better than the quality of life projected with successful bariatric surgery? Sorry, I get fired up when folks get anxious as a result of someone who uses scare tactics like this. :angry:

It got me so sad/mad/scared when she told me that!! Came and talked to my husband he told me to pay no attention to negative people. He's so supportive and my daughters are very supportive as well and that's all I need.

Thank you for ur words :)

Sorry, I get fired up when folks get anxious as a result of someone who uses scare tactics like this. :angry:

You get 'em, @@SuzeMuze! Rawr! In all seriousness, I couldn't agree with you more. I get so frustrated when people have simplistic notions of risk & reward and fail to take in the bigger picture. I'm a bit sensitive on that front as well.

You get 'em, @@SuzeMuze! Rawr! In all seriousness, I couldn't agree with you more. I get so frustrated when people have simplistic notions of risk & reward and fail to take in the bigger picture. I'm a bit sensitive on that front as well.

I agree about the sensitivity of negative Nancy's but being aware of all of the complications is a serious thing. I have had the unfortunate experience of many complications (leak, bleeds, perforated hernias) and had to have an additional 4 surgeries. The complications and risks are real and you have to weigh the pros and cons. There are many risks associated to NOT having the surgery, heart disease, diabetes, etc... So even after my huge set backs, I'm still happy I did it. I'm 2+ months post op and I've lost 85+ pounds. I'm still recovering from my last large surgery but still looking forward to this journey.

I just want you to know that complication are pretty normal with this type of surgery and you have to be at peace with this, you likely won't have any, just be informed!! Good luck and I'm certain you'll be amazing!

Shelly

Thank you very much for ur words Shelly!! Yes I know there's risks

of complications. But I also know that If I do it I will be a happier person.

And that's what I'm aiming for!!????

Hi my only regret is not having my rny sooner, I love the new me and your so worth being healthy, imagin doing things you only dreamed about and enjoying life being afraid is normal but don't let that dictate your happiness on being healthy, good luck .

I agree with the posters who have said their only regret is that they did not do it sooner... I wasted so many years of my life living in a morbidly obese body! I feel SO good now and am enjoying life in every way. I love being able to live an active lifestyle and it has been SO good for my family too. I am 18 months post surgery and have lost a total of 210 pounds. I think it is important that you immediate family is on board with your decision, but beyond that - let them think what they will. It is your life!

Yes cupcake totally agree with u!! I'm going to do it for me, I deserve it!! I didn't have much success with my sleeve but I'm happy with what I lost already but hopefully with my revision I get to lose the rest of the weight and get to my goal weight!!:)