Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Helloooooooo anyone there

Hi Moe,

Did you call the doctor's office? Have they set anything else up yet? I dropped off the application yesterday. I was told they will called in a week or two.

Rose

I've emailed a couple of times with questions, hoping I would find out a little more, but just got short answers...I figured I would give them until Tuesday and then start calling. I don't want to bug them, but my schedule late summer is a nightmare, so I have to have it before the end of July or I will probably have to wait until October and I don't want to wait anymore. I am psyched to get this going.

HI Moe, I know exactly how you feel. I was nervous but excited now. I am ready. I have a friend that had the gastric bypass done last June by Dr. Paciulli. She came to visit me at work today. I was soooooooo jealous how great she looks. LOL She has lost 100 pounds. She said not to worry that they will call within a week or two. I agree with you. I just want to get the ball rolling. That would be wonderful if you can get it done by the end of July. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Let me know when you hear from them. I will keep you posted also.

Rose

Hi Ladies.... I'm from NH also!!! I'm from the Lakes Region and have not been banded yet. I'm in the very early stages of this process but love to read everyone's story and journey.

Deb :w00t:

Hi Deb, I am also in the early stage. I am waiting to hear back from the surgeon. I guess they review the application and check out your insurance. I am very anxious to hear back. I lived in the Lakes Region for 20 years. I lived in Sanbornton. I originally come from Boston (North End). I went from city girl to country girl. Is there a hospital in the Lakes Region that does the Lap Band?

Honestly I'm looking at a few different hospitals; Portsmouth Regional, Elliot and Lowell down in MA.

I have scheduled myself for the "informational meetings" at both Portsmouth and Elliot and I called about the Lowell General but haven't heard back. It appears to me that both Portsmouth and Elliot make you jump threw an awful lot of hoops, lets face it, I'm fat. I know I'm fat and I know I need to deal with it. But what can ya do? :smile:

So I will go to the meetings and check THEM out!!! :(

Deb

We are all fat. This is the reason why we are here. I have a friend that had the gastric bypass done in Portsmouth last June. She has lost over 100 pounds. She loved the doctors in Portsmouth. My sister also had the gastric bypass two years ago and lost 109 pounds. My sister's operation by done at the Lawrence Hospital in MA. I am hoping that I hear from the doctor's office next week. :(

Hello everyone! I'm on the seacoast, over in Dover.

I've just started this wonderful journey with the info session in mid-May and I'm just thrilled to have found this site. It's already helped me to lose about 10lbs!! I scroll the posts instead of sitting in front of the TV stuffing my face. It's just awesome!

Anyway, very nice to meet my NH neighbors and Lap Band compatriots.

Ain't it great that spring is finally here. I'll tell you, I was seriously considering moving south earlier this winter. Wasn't it just gruesome...the winter weather, I mean. Thank goodness for global warming! :lol: (I am only kidding about that.)

Hi.

Has anyone who attended the May 14 session hear back from the surgeon's office yet? I dropped off my application two weeks ago day and was hoping I would hear something by now. I think I will call tomorrow.

Welcome aboard, Dover :eek:

NaniRose, I spoke with Deborah at the Weight Loss Center in Portsmouth this morning who said that Nancy Seesman was picking up the applications at their other office today, and they would start calling probably tomorrow.

She said there were only 10 applications, which I thought was surprising because there were a lot of people at the May 14 session at Frank Jones Center. She said they were all amazed at the turnout, there were about 200 people there, she said. Then we started talking about how the process is intense, it is expensive if insurance doesn't pick up the cost, etc...

Have you got any new info? I'm anxious to get this ball rolling!

When I realized it was past 4pm and hadn't heard back from the doctor's office I called and have an scheduled my consultation appointment for next week. I can hardly wait!

Hi Vegwannbe, I also spoke with Deb on Wednesday. She said I was accepted and would send out a letter telling me what to do next. Now I am a little concern because she never said anything calling. Lwtter didn't come in yesterday. I am hoping today. You must be excited about the consultation. I want to know everything!!! LOL

Rose

Yes. I'm bubbling with excitement.

The Dr.'s office didn't say anything about a letter to me. I'm wondering if its just a procedural thing, and I will get one too. I've made a real pest of myself with them, sending and email and calling 3x. Maybe they put me right into the schedule to keep me from calling again. :biggrin2: Patience is not one of my strong points.

Nani, I'm wondering who your insurance carrier is. I have Harvard Pilgrim and have already been told, by phone, that they will cover the surgery (medically necessary and referral from my PCP). From the posts, it sounds like insurance is the primary obstacle for most people.

My BMI is quite high (49.1) and my PCP and rheumatologist are very supportive. Actually, my PCP said she was excited for me and at my last appointment on 5/15 we talked about the experiences of a couple of her other patients who have had the surgery. It was really great to get that kind of support from my PCP who will be playing a significant role in this.

Let me know when you hear from the doctor.

Trish, I got the letter today. All it states is that my Insurance company (FED BlueX) will pay for it. That they would submit it to the insurance company after I complete the program.That I should be expecting a call from Nancy to set up the consultation. I called at 4:30 today. I asked if I could set up the appointment but she said that Nancy will call me. I was so happy to get the letter but I feel it was a bit of a let dowm :tongue2: