Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name something strange and super unhealthy that you used to eat before weight loss

Along the Peanut Butter thread.... Peanut Butter, Bologna and Swiss cheese sandwiches. OR Peanut butter and Bacon sanwiches... yum!!!!

Yaassss! When I was a kid my brother and I would schmear PB on a slice of bologna, roll it up and eat just like that. A lot of them. And PB and bacon is amazing.

You would be surprised how many people look at me like I have two heads when I mention PB and Bacon! :D

Glad I am not alone!

Yaassss! When I was a kid my brother and I would schmear PB on a slice of bologna, roll it up and eat just like that. A lot of them. And PB and bacon is amazing.

Two of my favorite late-night Snacks -

• 3 Hot dogs slathered in salt and mayonnaise...REAL mayonnaise!
  • When I was 'dieting', I switched to having 4 icing-covered honey-buns, and washed it down with a 2-liter bottle of diet soda - the diet soda was supposed to cancel out the 2400 calories from the 4 honey-buns!!
It's a miracle I survived long enough to even have the surgery!

I used that same theory....Dt Pepsi to wash down the junk food. LOL So glad those days are behind me. Congrats on your success! :)

This will sound ridiculous.

I love when my mom makes salad. It's a simple iceberg lettuce. Delish vinegar oil salt pepper. Nothing special.

Then I used to take that and place it inside a piece of really crusty portuguese bread.

Just that no meats. The dressing soaks into the bread. And yum!!

I recently published an article about sugar being addicting in the same way that drugs are addicting:

http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/173378/sugar-addictive

I used to mix butter and white sugar together and eat it with a spoon. I'd usually just make a small amount, and then sometimes go back for seconds. Ugh!! And Coffeemate Creamer powder, by itself. Looking at what we were all drawn to really shows there is a neurological or chemical connection here ... Fats and sugar, fats and sugar. I haven't seen any posts about spinach or tangerines, haha. It's funny, although I am no longer drawn to the butter/sugar thing, I can still "feel" the euphoria I felt eating it at the time.

I'd go into McD's and order the big mac value meal super-sized with a diet coke. Yeah, that worked really well for me...

I used that same theory....Dt Pepsi to wash down the junk food. LOL So glad those days are behind me. Congrats on your success! :)

For me it's never been "what" I was eating but HOW MUCH OF IT! I can no longer eat half of a pizza anymore. I still enjoy pizza, just 1 piece (or less) in a sitting now! The restriction of the sleeve has given me the freedom to eat what I like, how I like it, and for that I am grateful! As long as I move my body and don't over eat, it's all good!

Edited by bikrchk

Sauerkraut and cheese toasted sandwiches, with mustard, which I was only allowed to make when I was home alone as it had a tendency to smell up the house.

I still eat pizza but only half a slice. Only real pizzeria pizza. Being from Jersey that's the only kind for me.

I do eat Cookies but only about 1 or 2 and that is maybe 2xs per month. I find that my sweet tooth is gone and sugar just doesn't agree with me, for which I'am very thankful.

I know my problem was food addiction and sugar addiction and everyday I get healthier I am so grateful for the WLS. I feel so much stronger. Sugar and food doesn't run my life any longer. I am more powerful than the drug that ruled my life for so many years. :)

Oh wow! this post is interesting enough I had to add my own...

my deal was Pasta I will take take any pasta...weather spaghetti, egg noodles, or penne mix about 1/2 cup of butter...parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, soy sauce and 2-3 tsp of sugar...Smdh....it was soo good

also I use to eat Syrup sandwiches

French fry sandwiches

Spaghetti Sandwiches

yes I was and still am a carb junkie...now it's just whole wheat and in moderation ☺

Edited by Melissayw816

I still cannot eat bread.... the other day I went to Denny's ordered off the senior menu, one egg scrambled 2 (tiny) slices of bacon and a belgin waffle, previously I LOVED waffles... I managed to eat the egg and the bacon and 1/4 of a 8 inch waffle and I was stuffed...... and the waffle didn't even taste that good... teach me to eat carbs.

Oh wow! this post is interesting enough I had to add my own...

my deal was Pasta I will take take any pasta...weather spaghetti, egg noodles, or penne mix about 1/2 cup of butter...parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, soy sauce and 2-3 tsp of sugar...Smdh....it was soo good

also I use to eat Syrup sandwiches

French fry sandwiches
Spaghetti Sandwiches

yes was and still am a carb junkie...now it's just whole wheat and in moderation ☺

Cracklin on white bread! Don't judge me! lol It was soo good! I can still remember the way my veins felt after eating that!????

I Loved cracklin. I also chowed down on fatback and biscuits with molasses. Yummmmmmm