Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have No Motivation That Pushes Me

How are you doing, Risky Girl? Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Puppy

I wanted to check in too! How's things RiskyGirl? I'm supposed to be excersising too for 30 mins a day prior to my surgery..have only done some walks at about 20 mins each. At least the dog seems to like it, if not me. Haha.

All of these suggestions are good and provide you with a variety of options for getting out of the rut of immobility that you are experiencing. You have to come to the conclusion that your quality of life is more important than the TV. But in the meantime, use that TV to help you get going. You can go to MTV and move to the music. Like the previous suggestions, it may be all you can do to get up and move around your room during the commercial breaks.

I started with Leslie Sansones WALK YOUR BELLY FLAT dvd. I put it in my dvd player of my laptop and ran it simultaneously with what I was watching on TV. My movement was limited due to post-stroke balance issues (caused by my overweight issue. So I would stand in the frame of my walker and walk and march in place to the DVD while I watched the TV.

Then I got to where I could march and walk around my room...then through the house...then outside in the backyard to music from my MP3 player. Speaking of outside: by staying in bed, you are missing out on fresh air and sunlight. The sunlight itself would brighten your spirit and raise your Vitamin D levels.

Check out www. Pandora.com. It is free internet radio and you can design your own channels and music mix. You just start a station naming a few of your favorites, then Pandora generates similar music. You can give each song a thumbs up or thumbs down to tell Pandora whether or not they are getting the music mix right. You can create as many stations as you want. Then you can diddlybop to the music while you watch TV.

If I am doing housework, I will crank up a TV music station that plays Classic Rock Workout with each song having at least 100 beats per minutes. How can you sit still to music like:

Gonna Make You Sweat by C+C Music Factory

Pump Up The Jam by Techtronic

(I Got )The Power by Snap

I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred

Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson

Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson

Womanizer by Britany Spears

Brick House by The Commodors

Another One Bites the Dust by Queen

Hips Don't Lie by Shakira

Or hundreds more.....When the beats stirs you up, then get up and shake that thang. Don't let you current weight make you bedfast and shut-in.

I think that going into this process, I was addicted to Tv as much as I wasto unhealthy food. If nothing else, don't watch the food channels. I am rooting for you!

Now THAT'S a playlist!!! Thanks. Joined a gym today and gonna download those tonight.

Mac

Thanks for some song suggestions. I need a new workout list... And also birthday wishes for a healthy year????

Hope you find what you are looking for. best of luck. I found my motivation when I look at my 3 year old and newborn. I want to be there for them. take care.

Riskygirl - I think when your depression lifts, you will be so happy it is over that you will want to get up and exercise. Hope for your sake that it is soon.

:)

All of these suggestions are good and provide you with a variety of options for getting out of the rut of immobility that you are experiencing. You have to come to the conclusion that your quality of life is more important than the TV. But in the meantime, use that TV to help you get going. You can go to MTV and move to the music. Like the previous suggestions, it may be all you can do to get up and move around your room during the commercial breaks.

I started with Leslie Sansones WALK YOUR BELLY FLAT dvd. I put it in my dvd player of my laptop and ran it simultaneously with what I was watching on TV. My movement was limited due to post-stroke balance issues (caused by my overweight issue. So I would stand in the frame of my walker and walk and march in place to the DVD while I watched the TV.

Then I got to where I could march and walk around my room...then through the house...then outside in the backyard to music from my MP3 player. Speaking of outside: by staying in bed, you are missing out on fresh air and sunlight. The sunlight itself would brighten your spirit and raise your Vitamin D levels.

Check out www. Pandora.com. It is free internet radio and you can design your own channels and music mix. You just start a station naming a few of your favorites, then Pandora generates similar music. You can give each song a thumbs up or thumbs down to tell Pandora whether or not they are getting the music mix right. You can create as many stations as you want. Then you can diddlybop to the music while you watch TV.

If I am doing housework, I will crank up a TV music station that plays Classic Rock Workout with each song having at least 100 beats per minutes. How can you sit still to music like:

Gonna Make You Sweat by C+C Music Factory

Pump Up The Jam by Techtronic

(I Got )The Power by Snap

I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred

Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson

Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson

Womanizer by Britany Spears

Brick House by The Commodors

Another One Bites the Dust by Queen

Hips Don't Lie by Shakira

Or hundreds more.....When the beats stirs you up, then get up and shake that thang. Don't let you current weight make you bedfast and shut-in.

I think that going into this process, I was addicted to Tv as much as I wasto unhealthy food. If nothing else, don't watch the food channels. I am rooting for you!

What a good playlist Miss Mac.

death by obesity, stroke or heart disease, ending up in a hospital bed

@@RiskyGirl21

hey girlfriend

i see B) you were on the boards yesterday afternoon

come out, come out where ever you are!!!

you can run but you cannot hide :lol:

there are over 60 people trying to reach out to you

i can not begin to imagine how you feel

i feel sad for you - because you are so sad :(

gotta crawl before you can walk

take it slow

plllllease get out of that bed

You Must!!!

you mentioned family earlier

people want to reach out/ help at times, just don't know what to do

try and reach out

asking for someone to come over at times