Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@susancae Ah yes what @@gowalking said! My hubs and I the DAY we decided we were going to have this surgery also decided we were going to tie on a couple of bibs and start mourning our food.

We did that for a day or so, and as Liz said...I was sick to my stomach and had an epiphany! What the hell were we doing?! We were going to have WLS to make our lives better!!!! We weren't going to the electric chair!!

Cheesecake would be there after surgery too!! So would Key Lime Pie, Steak, Taco's and Spinach dip! The best part about them today...I actually ENJOY eating them!!! Before I would devour the cake before I even knew I had taken a bite of it....what did it taste like? I have NO idea, I just know it was gone...and maybe I needed another so I could tell you how it tasted!

Today...I enjoy the "idea" of the cake before it even arrives, I enjoy the aroma of it and if it's garnished with strawberry I enjoy them as well. I enjoy the texture and flavor and I can tell you if it's a NY cheesecake or not! IMO Brooklyn still has the corner on cheese cake.

My point is that yep I eat it again but now I only have a quarter of the slice I share with my husband or friend and that's IF we can fit it or even want it after eating a meal.

So hubs and I focused on what pre-op testing would mean to us...and for me I'm PICKY. I don't like the taste of things, and drinking things that smell bad or have a nasty texture to me...well it's not gonna happen. You should see the dance and faces and howling that goes on over cough medicine!! I try REALLY hard NOT to get sick!

So I started "sampling" shakes and Protein bars..and when we found one we liked we started weeks before our actual pre-op and replaced a meal at a time until we were in full pre-op diet mode. That made it much easier for me because I had a plan.

Do you have a plan? If that makes you more comfortable like it did for me...work on it write it out, put reminders in your phone what ever works for you...and I wish you all the best!!!! You can do it!!! and you will eat again just remember that in the back of your mind...:)

Oh ty so much! That really helps! !!! Your right! Its so funny though because everyone that knows about my upcoming surgery continues to say I wont be able to eat what I do now! And almost everyone on here talks about still eating the things they used to just not like they used to! And it does relieve me a little lol.

I was having Mini food funerals for about two weeks though.

I am loving this terminology. That's exactly what it is. I am very, very early on in this process (I've only just met with the bariatric surgeon for the first time yesterday) but I feel like ever since I decided to go forth with VSG, I've been having mini food funerals every time I eat!

Oh I did . I don't even eat McDonalds normally but my "last fat meal" was a Big Mac and large fry . I don't know why I picked that out of all the food but it just seemed "right"'. I was having Mini food funerals for about two weeks though. Of course now none of those foods are appealing. I didn't have to lose weight though. In fact I had to gain 8lbs in order to qualify

mainly due to my height since I had no comorbidities.[/

quote]

Ok, so I just found out I'm normal. Thank you for helping me with that. I do not, repeat, do not eat beef in any shape or form. I also do not visit fast food restaurants. Well guess what I did during my food funerals? I went to burger king and ordered TWO burger sandwiches! For the life of me I could not tell you what they were now, but I ordered two and a large fries. What the hell was I thinking? After eating about two bites I remembered I hate and do not eat white bread. I removed the bread and continued to eat the rest, while stuffing fries into my mouth. At the end of all this craziness, I threw the second, uneaten, burger away and left, feeling completely sick to my stomach. Of course that didn't stop me from going to the Olive Garden the next day for their all you can eat Soup and salad lunch, then the Chinese buffet the next. Somewhere in there I also bought a box of fried chicken and attempted to eat most of it. Talk about desperation. Smh.

@finediva. Oh yeah. Girlfriend gained three pounds! No, not Water weight. Three pounds of good old fat. Smh, again.

you can di it!!!!

Oh I did . I don't even eat McDonalds normally but my "last fat meal" was a Big Mac and large fry . I don't know why I picked that out of all the food but it just seemed "right"'. I was having Mini food funerals for about two weeks though. Of course now none of those foods are appealing. I didn't have to lose weight though. In fact I had to gain 8lbs in order to qualify

mainly due to my height since I had no comorbidities.[/

quote]

Ok, so I just found out I'm normal. Thank you for helping me with that. I do not, repeat, do not eat beef in any shape or form. I also do not visit fast food restaurants. Well guess what I did during my food funerals? I went to burger king and ordered TWO burger sandwiches! For the life of me I could not tell you what they were now, but I ordered two and a large fries. What the hell was I thinking? After eating about two bites I remembered I hate and do not eat white bread. I removed the bread and continued to eat the rest, while stuffing fries into my mouth. At the end of all this craziness, I threw the second, uneaten, burger away and left, feeling completely sick to my stomach. Of course that didn't stop me from going to the Olive Garden the next day for their all you can eat Soup and salad lunch, then the Chinese buffet the next. Somewhere in there I also bought a box of fried chicken and attempted to eat most of it. Talk about desperation. Smh.

Lol I know tomorrow im done eating just whatever. I've been dieting for 3 months now and I've been doing so well and all the sudde. Ik im going to have surgery and I freak and eat everything in site. I stopped eating red meats! And limited myself with pastas!!! And I was working out and I actually went from 247-220 which is where I get stuck at. I believe I lost the weight because I had recently gave birth. But 220is my regular weight. I am so happy to get under that! I used to be until I had children so its been 6 years but I've always been big. Like in the 180 range in highschool. Its going to be great when u get under that !

2 weeks before my pre op diet began I ate myself sick. I would make nachos every night for a week and drink a bottle of wine myself. By the time I was doing the pre op I was completely sick of eating.

2 weeks before my pre op diet began I ate myself sick. I would make nachos every night for a week and drink a bottle of wine myself. By the time I was doing the pre op I was completely sick of eating.

Lol I just dint want to eat eat eat and then struggle during the 2 weeks

Not really. I had my husband bring home a pizza one afternoon for lunch and I indulged and felt ill after that. I did have a steak and some ice cream but I didn't go crazy. I was too scared to gain. My 2 week pre-op diet was right around Halloween so I had free candy and chocolate in my face during this time too! I didn't lose much; 4 pounds but my surgeon was okay with that. I stuck to my 1000 calories a day as best as I could.

I love Sushi the day before my pre op diet I went Chinese.

I found out after lunch on the 25th that my pre-op diet was to start on the 25th. So what did I do? I went out for Mexican food that night! I figured that since I had already eaten two meals that day, I might as well get the last thing off my "have to have it before surgery list" Luckily, my list wasn't too long! I also ate some of the pies that my daughter bought from the culinary school for Thanksgiving. She had picked them up that day. A nice finish to the Mexican food :D ! Since then, I've been toeing the pre-op diet line!

I had a "last meal" bucket list for the two weeks before I started pre-op. pizza, steak and baked potato, Red Lobster (love their biscuits), pork fried rice and lumpia, Hardees sausage egg and cheese biscuit, a grinder and cheese steak sub. Ate a little bit of pizza; brought home half of the steak and potato; shrimp, crab legs, salad and a couple (ok 3) biscuits; all of the small pork fried rice; all of the small grinder and chips; didn't get the cheese steak sub...shop was closed and it was the night before pre-op started so got another small grinder. Hadn't eaten any potatoes or breads since starting the weight trial in April. I know I will be able to eat them again, but needed the tastes before I started the liquids for a LONG TIME. Started pre-op liquids on Monday and only cheated a little today with a couple of small shredded pieces of leftover turkey in my chicken broth and Protein Soup. Now I'm ready to do everything I need to do to become healthy.

Vabeachlady, you're making me so hungry! I wish I had had more time before starting my pre-op. I really thought my surgery would be later in Dec. By the time I was notified of my surgery date, I was most of the way through the first day of pre-op. Today, I get to go to a family reunion where all I can eat is a Protein Shake and a salad with nothing but vinegar on it. And of course, my sister in law is bringing three of my favorite dishes including the Apple cake that I told my husband I married him for to get the recipe. ????

I start mine this upcoming Weds. I have a few minor food funerals, but didn't go crazy. Of course I also enjoyed Thanksgiving without going overboard too. It's getting really close now!

While I was dozing in bed this morning, I started counting pre-op days. I've been having twinges of guilt for eating Mexican food and pie even though I didn't find out I was supposed to be on the pre-op diet until mid afternoon that day. When I got done counting, I realized that the surgeon's office started me a day early! So, I get my fourteen days of pre-op diet without the guilty twinges now! ????