Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Steph- OMG, AAAHHHHHHHH

AAAAHHHHHH, Son of a AAAHHHHHHH

OMG!!!!!!!! :wink2::eek::lol::eek::cool2::eek::tt2::eek:

I almost have to go sip my liquid gold just after reading that!!!! OMG!!!!!!

Oh yeah!!! I can't explain the pain. And typing sucks. So, luckily, you all will be getting short Steph posts!

I'm sitting here eating ice cream trying to boost my blood sugar and maybe feel better. There is no way in hell I can eat something solid. I tried a bite of cheerios. They didn't go. But I have to get something in that will counteract the meds.

I should have NEVER taken it. Honest it was half the dose that was on the bottle. Thank goodness the bottle was almost empty and there wasn't more because it might have killed me to have taken the full dose. So ladies....beware of that.

Okay....watching qvc while I can't focus. Beware of tomorrow's special value. I'm in love. I think I need 3. I'm trying to figure out if a medium will fit me after I lose 20 more pounds. I am in LOVE!!!! Ladies, it is spectacular. It will be on in less than 10 minutes. You have to look! Lisa's fashion jewelry this hour has been amazing, but her sneak peek of tomorrow's....it's divine.

Okay. Finger can't take anymore. Tell me what color I should order....because I really can only order one.

Okay...I couldn't resist. I ordered red/black and teal/charcoal. I so hope the medium is perfect. I'm worried that I might have needed to change for small. I may have to send back, but I love love love them today.

I couldn't wait because the teal was sold out in xs and s and getting limited in m. It is gorgeous!!!!

Ruby--was today a better day? If so, Celebrate your victory! If not, I'd suggest one piece of chocolate, and then no more. Show that demon who's in charge here!

I had a much better day today thanks Linda. I kept myself as busy as I could and kept my water bottle filled and with me at all times to help as well. Putting things in perspective, the day I had yesterday would have been a normal day for me pre-band. Now it's only occasionally and I celebrate that.

I wish I could buy chocolate by the bite. That would help me out. I would probably feel guilty about buying just one piece, but even more guilty if I bought more than that. :wink2:

Yipeeeee...DH got a job today. THANK GOODNESS!

YAY! :wink2: Congrats to hubby and to you too for being able to get back into exercising. It's so strange how addictive it's become for me. I get rather cranky if I go for too long without it.

Ok who is in charge of this and how do you sign up? Wow two posts in one day.

I don't think anyone's really in charge, but if you choose a goal and add it to your signature, I'll keep an eye on it and make sure it moves closer and closer to your goal. If I don't see it move, I'll poke you with a stick. :wink2:

I'm a real exercise fiend at the moment so I'm going to set my target for 31 hours for the month. I've already done 2 today. 1 in the morning and an hour Aikido class tonight. The extra exercise sessions allow me to have my Sunday's off, which I think are important. :lol:

Now after all that, can someone tell me if I'm in the right place?!?

Yes. You're in the right place. You're more than welcome to come and join our little family. Sometimes our bark can be far worse than our bite, but please don't take personally as we only talk sternly at times because we care. Welcome to the jungle. :wink2:

Karri!!!! Congrats to dh! I know that takes a huge weight off your shoulders. A deep sigh of relief! I hope he loves it! And you get to start exercising next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How amazing must that feel.

Ruby! You're going to have those days. Those hunger demons can be so horrible. As for NEEDING chocolate, at the last support meeting I had we discussed how to feed it without feeling horrible. Tootsie roll midgies are fantastic for that. You have to chew chew chew and it gets stuck in your teeth so you taste it for awhile. And often at convenience stores they sell them individually for a nickel a piece.

Has anyone heard anything from Phyl? Wanting to make sure she isn't in jail for murder. She was a little worried. I hope all is going well with her sisters. I'm hoping it is going better than she thought.

Okay. I need to go to bed. I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Have a wonderful night and morning ladies. And if you have big plans for the weekend....enjoy!!!!

Oh Steph--nasty thing about the nail! I'm glad you got to balance it with something good (QVC).

Kari--Yeah on DH's job! What will he be doing? I hope it's something he'll enjoy.

Marivail--Most of us were banded in July '70, so this would be a good thread for you to jump onto. It looks like you've been really successful. Congratulations--5 dress sizes is amazing! Isn't it fun to go shopping and try on stuff that fits AND looks good? As for the plateau, I am on one now, but I know that I've been less disciplined about it this summer than I was last winter. My focus this summer has been on maintaining; I will get serious about losing the last 10 pounds in September.

Yeah, I've been looking for Phyl to check in, and Janet's been unusually quiet too.

So today DS and DIL are having their 5th anniversary party. Another food-fest to deal with! Gotta go make some fruit salad.< /p>

Allright guys, I have to brag. I did a 30 day Avon study with Curves and during that time I lost almost 5 pounds and almost 10 inches including 3 in the waist, 2 in the hips and 2 in the thighs, 1 in my arms. I was so thrilled.

I also got a new job and my stress level has dropped so much. I gained over 7 hours a week to exercise. My company pays $250 a year for wellness. So they will pay for gym membership or Weight Watchers, etc.

Today they gave everyone a gift card with $100 on it to help defray the cost of gas and groceries. How nice. When I started working there everyone said they loved working there and it is an awesome company. So far it has been great and I'm only on my third week.

Ribearty Congrats !!! So happy for you - the exercise - most of us have just added it to our signatures and update it when we exercise - We set a personal goal and strive to make it - for me it's 15 days a month - Since I haven't be on the computer since thursday mine isn't updated but I know that I have gone over my 15 day - need to change for the month of august...

*sigh* Yesterday was a horrible food day for me. :thumbup: I tried everything I could think of to satiate my hunger demons but they were screeching at me all day. I tried feeding them Protein Shakes and cottage cheese but that wanted chocolate. :wink2: Aunt Flo is due for a visit so I'm blaming her. But it's weird because I've never been a big chocolate lover. I went crazy here at home. I was by myself as hubby took the boys to Six Flags Fun Park for the day. So there was nobody responsible for me but me. :lol:

There's no chocolate in the house and when I went out shopping for birthday pressies for my son (he's 10 on Monday) I stayed away from food stores. Although Toys R Us did tempt me with their chocolate selections at the check-out. Inconsiderate Bleeps! :thumbup:

I stayed hydrated and tried to feed myself "good" foods. But even good foods can turn bad if you have too many of them. :cool2: So not a good day. But that was yesterday and today is another day so I'm starting fresh again. :tt2:

Ruby buy one candy bar eat what you want and throw the rest away - that's what I have done when I can't deny the craving..

Ruby--was today a better day? If so, Celebrate your victory! If not, I'd suggest one piece of chocolate, and then no more. Show that demon who's in charge here!

THe fill seems to be going well. PS still wants me eating low carb because for me carbs=swelling. So we are celebrating with a T-bone steak. Yummy. I can still eat quite a bit of food with the fill, but that should be fine because PS gave me the go ahead to start running on August 7. Will be the happiest day of the summer for me I think. THe hardest part of the whole TT was the inability to exercise. I didn't think that I would miss it...but holy cow...I have been miserable without it. I told her that was the only reason that I was hesitant about the future surgery. BUt she reassured me that the next surgery will be nothing compared to this one and that I should be back to exercising within a couple of weeks compared to over a month. She is allowing me to go back to exercising 1 week early because I have healed so well. My incisions are almost totally healed. I still have one little area that is still draining but otherwise everything looks great. I am hoping to post more pictures this weekend.

We are going to see The Mummy III tonight and then Mamma Mia tomorrow. It is nice to be able to splurge every once in a while now.

Karri - I am so happy for you guys that's great that DH got a job... Happy that you are going to get back to exercising - yep it's funny how we now want to exercise where as before it was the last thing we wanted to do..

Okay, if I've figured this out right, THIS is the thread I should be in! Can anyone jump in? I've been following a thread where everyone's posting about whether they'll get approved or not, and I knew there must be some group at more of my stage.

I was banded on Sept. 23, '07. I've had 4 fills in a 12cc band (I think it's a total of 8.5cc's now). As of my Bandiversary a week ago, I've lost 74 pounds and 5 sizes. It went really fast for the 1st 5 months, and then I went for 6 months without any significant change in weight--I think my body was taking that time to kind of 'mold itself' to the new me! Finally in July it jump-started a little, and I lost another 8 lbs. So at this point I'm not losing fast at all, but I'm so much better off than a year ago, that I'm willing to let this process take the time it needs!

Now after all that, can someone tell me if I'm in the right place?!?

Marvell - Yes you can join us if you want we are July 07 banders. How much more weight do you need to lose if you are a 5 - Were you banded 7/23 or 9/23??? This is a learning process and yes it's hard for us to see ourselves in a diff way - I will still look in the mirror and say oh you look fat - but then I tell myself - you are a size 4 or 6 you aren't fat a size 18/20 was fat..

Hi all. I've had a really crappy 24 hours. It really stinks.

Last night I was getting ice out of the dispenser downstairs. My Water bottle got stuck. I pulled and tugged and got really frustrated and then with a giant angry pull it came loose...crushing my ring finger...and ripping my finger nail off. I knew it wasn't good but thought I might be lucky and it only ripped off my acrylic. I came upstairs, iced it really good, about passed out a few times....and then looked. It was still there but it was only being held on by my cuticle. Wrapped it with bandaids and took some liquid gold. Today made an appointment with the doc. He pulled it off. It will take 3 months for a new one to grow out. He numbed it really good but I am a super wimp and was sure it was going to be super painful when the numbness wore off....so I took some more liquid gold. Well....I forgot that I hadn't really eaten since 5 or 6 pm yesterday. I've been in a constant state of limbo since 11am. I'm lightheaded, my eyes keep rolling, and too much activity almost makes me pass out. In fact, this has almost taken all the strength I have.

I have had 2 Protein shakes and 1 small can of pineapple juice. I am super tight because of the stress and can't seem to get any more down. Not really wanting to. I think it is just a side effect of the meds I shouldn't have taken....I'm hoping so.

Okay....I'm signing off. Later ladies.

Steph - OMG my finger hurts just thinking about your pain - Hope it's better today...

Okay...I couldn't resist. I ordered red/black and teal/charcoal. I so hope the medium is perfect. I'm worried that I might have needed to change for small. I may have to send back, but I love love love them today.

I couldn't wait because the teal was sold out in xs and s and getting limited in m. It is gorgeous!!!!

Steph I saw the TSV - but didn't know how I would like the suede part against my body - thought it might be too warm for the desert.. But ya it was cute and saw a little of Lisa's jewelry - I am trying not to watch too much qvc - I gotta pay off my MofA bills first :thumbup:

I had a much better day today thanks Linda. I kept myself as busy as I could and kept my water bottle filled and with me at all times to help as well. Putting things in perspective, the day I had yesterday would have been a normal day for me pre-band. Now it's only occasionally and I celebrate that.

I wish I could buy chocolate by the bite. That would help me out. I would probably feel guilty about buying just one piece, but even more guilty if I bought more than that. :thumbup:

Ruby no guilt - for one candy - it's only if you ate a whole bag of it.

Karri!!!! Congrats to dh! I know that takes a huge weight off your shoulders. A deep sigh of relief! I hope he loves it! And you get to start exercising next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How amazing must that feel.

Ruby! You're going to have those days. Those hunger demons can be so horrible. As for NEEDING chocolate, at the last support meeting I had we discussed how to feed it without feeling horrible. Tootsie roll midgies are fantastic for that. You have to chew chew chew and it gets stuck in your teeth so you taste it for awhile. And often at convenience stores they sell them individually for a nickel a piece.

Has anyone heard anything from Phyl? Wanting to make sure she isn't in jail for murder. She was a little worried. I hope all is going well with her sisters. I'm hoping it is going better than she thought.

Okay. I need to go to bed. I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Have a wonderful night and morning ladies. And if you have big plans for the weekend....enjoy!!!!

Steph

Phyl doesn't have a computer with her - she is at all her fish frys.. She sould be cking in any minute now

Oh Steph--nasty thing about the nail! I'm glad you got to balance it with something good (QVC).

Kari--Yeah on DH's job! What will he be doing? I hope it's something he'll enjoy.

Marivail--Most of us were banded in July '70, so this would be a good thread for you to jump onto. It looks like you've been really successful. Congratulations--5 dress sizes is amazing! Isn't it fun to go shopping and try on stuff that fits AND looks good? As for the plateau, I am on one now, but I know that I've been less disciplined about it this summer than I was last winter. My focus this summer has been on maintaining; I will get serious about losing the last 10 pounds in September.

Yeah, I've been looking for Phyl to check in, and Janet's been unusually quiet too.

So today DS and DIL are having their 5th anniversary party. Another food-fest to deal with! Gotta go make some fruit salad.< /p>

Linda - Yep I haven't been on the computer much - Yesterday my biospy- my son is here and he went with me.. That was very comforting - I think I can do all this stuff alone but it is nice to have support... The biospy was painless - now just gotta wait til Tues to get the results..

I am still trying to catch up on my rest - yesterday afternoon DS and I went to the movies and saw Stepbrothers - Cute movie - my DS wore the shirt I got him at Bubba Gumps "My Mamma Says I'm Special" My DS is a Mama's boy...

Well, just wanted to ck in - I go to the gym in a bit to me with trainer to make up for missing Monday.. Then off the the airport to take DS.. So will talk to you all later

Have a good day....

Hugs...

So happy that DH got a job. That is such a releif I am sure. What kind of possition is it? When does he start???

THe fill seems to be going well. PS still wants me eating low carb because for me carbs=swelling. So we are celebrating with a T-bone steak. Yummy. I can still eat quite a bit of food with the fill, but that should be fine because PS gave me the go ahead to start running on August 7. Will be the happiest day of the summer for me I think. THe hardest part of the whole TT was the inability to exercise. I didn't think that I would miss it...but holy cow...I have been miserable without it. I told her that was the only reason that I was hesitant about the future surgery. BUt she reassured me that the next surgery will be nothing compared to this one and that I should be back to exercising within a couple of weeks compared to over a month. She is allowing me to go back to exercising 1 week early because I have healed so well. My incisions are almost totally healed. I still have one little area that is still draining but otherwise everything looks great. I am hoping to post more pictures this weekend.

We are going to see The Mummy III tonight and then Mamma Mia tomorrow. It is nice to be able to splurge every once in a while now.

Karri, Steak sounds yummy! DD and SIL are coming for a BBQ today I am putting on RIBS and ChICKEN.. I made a Broccoli salad and Whole wheat Couscous Salad with Kidney Beans. Fruitsalad Cake for dessert(I know it will be bad!) it will be my weekend treat!

I was down another 1lb today, so now I'm lower than pre=mall of America:tongue2:

To be honest...I am not exactly sure what he will be doing!! He is working for a grocery distributer (sp?). So I know he will be the contact guy for the purchaser and seller. I will just tell everyone that he is in the import/export business. Now if only he made the kind of money that the mob does in their import/export businesses we would be sitting pretty!!

He is also going back to school to get his teaching degree so everything seems to be falling into place right now.

Well we are going to go see the movie that we didn't see last night. We decided that we would wait until the matinees today so that it was cheaper!

Hi ladies. Today is better. I don't know what I was thinking yesterday. I was actually almost comatose until noon today. I finally got some kashi oatmeal in me and that has helped. Im now trying to get some crab salad down. Very very tight though.

It is crazy days here today. How nuts is that? I had to go buy some tennies though because I lost one of my shoes on the trip. I didn't have anything to exercise in so it was a must. I think Janet rubbed off on me. At least that's going to be my excuse. Then I went downtown and there was this really cute over jacket for 6 and a shrug for 10 and a pair of jeans for 10...and a pair of capris for 10. The retail on it all was 109.50....so I'm going to say it was a great buy and not feel guilty.

I have a birthday party for one of dh's employees in a couple of hours. I've got to get some serious food in me before we do coctails. Who starts a birthday party at a bar at 4pm? It could kill me. I think I'll do 2 waters for each cocktail. And then have dh take me out to dinner about 6. If I can get food in. I sure hope so.

Karri, import/export...OMG I laughed. I loved it. That's exactly what you should tell everyone. I hope you enjoyed the movie today!

Marivali, I'm confused with your dates....I'm guessing you were banded on July 23rd? It sounds like you've had a terrific year. Good for you. We'd love to have you join us. How can we support you? What goals do you still have to accomplish?

Linda, I hope you enjoy the party. The nice thing about summer parties is that it's not unheard of to have lite stuff to eat. I so love fruit salad....just melons and berries. It has to be my favorite part of summer. And allthe lighter meats. It is so great. Enjoy it. It means that we don't have to be worried about the summer celebrations.

Okay...I need to get going. I'll talk to you all later.

Thanks for the welcoming words, Ladies! I really don't know much about this posting--I've spent most of this year searching out WLS web sites & reading up all I could, but not jumping in there (it still feels a little scary!).

To clarify, yes, I was banded on July 23, 2007, in Ft. Lauderdale. I live in Puerto Rico so I had to fly over, heal up there, and then periodically I fly back to Ft.-L for a one-day trip for fills, or I try to combine it with travel. There's a doctor here who sees me monthly, and he kind of works in tandem with the surgeon to keep me on track. But there aren't any lap-band support groups on the island, so my only resource has been these forums.

I've lost 74 lbs in my 1st year. I need to lose just under 200, so I would've liked quite a bit more by this time, but there's no question that the amount I've lost has made a significant difference in my life--in my appearance, my energy level, my confidence, & my relationships.

As for the clothes, I haven't really gone into stores much.... I have a gigantic closet, and as I went UP all these sizes, I packed the clothes away in plastic bins. For several years, the top shelf was lined with bins: "32-30", "26-28", "24-26", "22-24", and so on.

Since I know each stage is temporary, I'm not letting myself buy hardly anything new--I just bring down the next size bin, and I've got a 'new' wardrobe. I only buy what I can't tailor down fm. higher sizes, or when that size bin doesn't have any (like slacks, or bras, etc.). Frankly, it makes me feel so bad that I've spent thousands of dollars on 7 or 8 whole wardrobes, that I feel great to get a second use out of them on the way down! Plus, I really liked some of those outfits, & hated packing them away. Now I get to reclaim them!

I'm sure as I get more shape, I'll also get more picky, and maybe I'll even disdain the fact that some of these clothes are 10 yrs old & out of style! But for now, I just want to stretch 'em out as long as I can, & save up for the ULTIMATE wardrobe!! :)

(I've also never used those smilies before.... I REALLY feel out of my depth!!)

I have to say, that fingernail-ripping story was a horrifying welcome to this site!! One of my biggest issues before the surgery was my deathly fear of blood & needles (that's why it was such a super victory just to get to where I could calmly go thru with it!). Imagine my trauma at reading that! I hope you're doing MUCH better by now!!

So that's enuff introduction for now, I guess. Thanks for letting me join, and I look forward to being part of this.

Thanks for the welcoming words, Ladies! I really don't know much about this posting--I've spent most of this year searching out WLS web sites & reading up all I could, but not jumping in there (it still feels a little scary!).

To clarify, yes, I was banded on July 23, 2007, in Ft. Lauderdale. I live in Puerto Rico so I had to fly over, heal up there, and then periodically I fly back to Ft.-L for a one-day trip for fills, or I try to combine it with travel. There's a doctor here who sees me monthly, and he kind of works in tandem with the surgeon to keep me on track. But there aren't any lap-band support groups on the island, so my only resource has been these forums.

I've lost 74 lbs in my 1st year. I need to lose just under 200, so I would've liked quite a bit more by this time, but there's no question that the amount I've lost has made a significant difference in my life--in my appearance, my energy level, my confidence, & my relationships.

As for the clothes, I haven't really gone into stores much.... I have a gigantic closet, and as I went UP all these sizes, I packed the clothes away in plastic bins. For several years, the top shelf was lined with bins: "32-30", "26-28", "24-26", "22-24", and so on.

Since I know each stage is temporary, I'm not letting myself buy hardly anything new--I just bring down the next size bin, and I've got a 'new' wardrobe. I only buy what I can't tailor down fm. higher sizes, or when that size bin doesn't have any (like slacks, or bras, etc.). Frankly, it makes me feel so bad that I've spent thousands of dollars on 7 or 8 whole wardrobes, that I feel great to get a second use out of them on the way down! Plus, I really liked some of those outfits, & hated packing them away. Now I get to reclaim them!

I'm sure as I get more shape, I'll also get more picky, and maybe I'll even disdain the fact that some of these clothes are 10 yrs old & out of style! But for now, I just want to stretch 'em out as long as I can, & save up for the ULTIMATE wardrobe!! :)

(I've also never used those smilies before.... I REALLY feel out of my depth!!)

I have to say, that fingernail-ripping story was a horrifying welcome to this site!! One of my biggest issues before the surgery was my deathly fear of blood & needles (that's why it was such a super victory just to get to where I could calmly go thru with it!). Imagine my trauma at reading that! I hope you're doing MUCH better by now!!

So that's enuff introduction for now, I guess. Thanks for letting me join, and I look forward to being part of this.

Mari, it is so nice to have you. Anything that we can do for you, let us know. I have to tell you that this group has been the thing that has kept me going whenever I feel down or frustrated. It keeps me accountable. I don't think I would have been nearly as successful without these wonderful ladies. And one of the nicest things is that we don't only talk about our bands.....we really share our lives.

Sorry about the fingernail story. Would hate to scare you off like that. I suppose that was quite a story to step into. Yikes.

Hey Gang

Karri you had me cracking up on the import/export thingie - to funny - ya mob $$ would be great - but not the risk :0)

Yep matines are cheaper 11 for my DS and me yesterday - 1 small popcorn for me and nacho's & large coke for DS $17 - go figure. $28 for a show..

I am doing that one day a week and not counting - I love that idea.. I have heard of pple doing it before - but I think I am going to try it..

Steph

Exercise - after my workout this morning arms - I told my trainer my thights were tight and i felt like i need to leg press 200 lbs - he took me over and I did some deep squats - it helped - I told him that I was glad that this week I would be back to normal schedule - M/T/W gym and I am off Friday again so I will go Friday & Sat Morning - I really can't beleive that I want to exercise..

Oh I rubbed off on you for your shopping - Love it or was it the exercise either way - good - I have been watching QVC today it's fashion day - but I haven bought anything -

Marvali - You have done well over the last year ... You will be a welcome addition to our group..

Candice

Congrats on your loss - you are doing great !!!! I am going to one of the casinos "fantasy springs" they have a place called the rock yard (it's outside)- door bands play tonite Janis Joplin imitatior.. So now just gotta figure out what to wear (I didn't get any summer tops on our trip mostly winter stuff) and be like Steph and practice the 1 Water 1 drink - the show doesn't start til 9:45 - so I guess we will go around 9 - omg that's my bed time :0)....

Ok just stopping by to say Hi - Talk to you all tomorrow if I don't have a hang over :)