Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

You lucky Dawgs!!!! Ya'll look fantastic!!!!!!!!!

Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!

What she said. You all look like you're having the time of your lives. :biggrin2: I'm so envious. What a gorgeous bunch of women.

My step-son arrives in a couple of hours. I have butterflies in my stomach and haven't been able to keep any food down. I don't know why I'm so nervous. :tt2:

You ladies look fantastic. Wish I could be there! We are leaving bright and early in the morning to go to WA. My dads birthday is tomorrow and then I am getting a fill on Tuesday. I asked my PCP and my PS about getting one and explained my reasons. They are good friends and work together often so they teleconferenced about it and talked with my lap-band doc. All three have decided that we would give it a try and if I can't maintain weight or are losing too fast that I would go back and have some removed. It was agreed that we would find a fill level that helped me stay fuller longer while allowing me to eat enough calories to maintain. My PCP was great in helping me come up with ways that I could eat "normally" without having to eat all SF, LF, FF stuff. She agreed that if I got a fill I could have normal bread with normal cheese in a sandwich, but that I would only have to eat 1/2 of a sandwich. We had a long talk and she thinks that I will feel more in control and less anxious over food if I don't have to count every calorie and buy only FF, SF, and LF stuff. It is her goal to have me move more into a way of eating that is more along the line of average weight adults. When we talked about my nutritionist's plan she said it was too structured for a "normal" person, but that someone with my personality that it was going to be too much pressure on me and would drive me insane. She still thinks it is a good idea to plan my meals but wants me to leave 1 weekend day and 1 week day that are unplanned so that I can begin to realize that I can do this. Because of the anti-anxiety meds I am on she thinks that I can handle it. Whether or not I will be able to handle more unplanned days...we just don't know.

So anyways this fill decision has been EXTREMELY well thought out with 3 doctors involved. I am keeping my appt for 8/11 as well to see if we need to increase or decrease the fill. I will have a very conservative fill this time in hopes of NOT having repeats of the last 2 fills!

Well I had best get to bed...we are leaving VERY early!

I'm glad you've been able to work out a plan of action with your respective medical teams Karri. :biggrin2: Sometimes I think more effort goes into figuring out what's best to do than actually doing it. It's so time consuming tweaking and trying different methods until you sometimes stumble across something that is successful.

Being fat was so damn easy. You didn't have to count this and try that and stop something else, you just ate and did nothing else. :) Why is it that anything that is good for you is hard work? :mad2:

I'm home, Candice is on the ferry on her way back to Canada, Phyl'll be on her way to Buffalo, and Janet, Steph, and her mom are leaving for home toinght. I wish more of you could have made it. It was amazing to spend time with other women who truly understand the banded life. It was a wonderful weekend. I outshopped everyone--even Janet! We ate well but the weekend wasn't just about food--it was about us. We talked and laughed, and found so much in common. I will never forget it. Thank you Candice, Phyl, Steph, Ruby and Janet. Candice is the best roommate/driving buddy ever! Phyl is even more fun in person than she is online! (Did Earl notice yet?) Steph, our dining critic, (Stop, Bubba Stop!) couldn't be cuter, and her mom is a stitch! Janet--what can I say? Q-V-C!!! Janet is one TINY, put-together lady! She was our "Clinton and Stacy!" I love you guys! Please, everyone else, start saving now for next year.

It occured to me that I should explain my parenthetical comments:

"Run Bubba Run:" We had lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp, and on the table they have a sign. If you need something, you just flip the sign to say "Run Bubba Run" and the wait staff run to your table to help you out. It's great customer service, and the food was wonderful!

"Did Earl notice yet?" Phyl got a second set of ear piercings. As of noon yesterday, her husband hadn't noticed. Actually, Candice got second piercings yesterday too, so we're waiting to see how long it will take for her DH to notice as well!

I didn't mean to be rude. I'm sorry.

I'm all pouty :sad: I wish I could've been here. My stepson's vacation has been a long time in the waiting, so he needed to come first. And by this time next year we're hoping to be relocated back to Aussie. :sad: Having said that, I've been telling people the same thing for the past 2 years and it hasn't happened yet. Hubby's company keeps putting it off. :tt2: Maybe I should plan for Vegas instead. I will be there for sure if we're still here in July!

Things are going well with my stepson. I didn't really have anything to worry about. Of course. :drool: He's such a terrific kid, even though he's a little shy and quiet. My son and I are on the boisterous side. But he's been slowly coming out of his shell and started kidding around with us. He's 13 and is already 4'6" with size 13 feet. :eek: He's just straight up and down though. A bean pole. And to be honest, he's helping me a lot to stay on the straight and narrow as far as food goes. He doesn't eat very much at all, and it somehow helps me to eat small and not just eat like I usually do to be social with my hubby and son. He makes it easy. :D

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound Linda. I'm waiting like a mother hen for the rest of the gang to check in. I think it's fairly obvious who the chatty-kathys are in the thread. This place has been dead without you guys. :laugh:

I'M BACCCKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Gang !!!!

Oh am I tired!!!!! I got home at around 8:30 last night !!!!

We had so much fun !!!! It was so nice meeting everyone in person - It' wasn't ackward at all - it was like we have known each other for years..

We all felt so comfortable with each other.. Though I really wished that we had more time just to visit - we would take off with each other like Sat Morning - Candice & I shopped - the meet everyone for lunch then Sat Afternoon - Linda & I shopped - all had dinner on Sat nite - then came back to hotel and Steph - her Mom - Candice & I were going to go swimming but the pool closed at 10 so we just sat outside and visited with our bottle of wine. Sunday - I pretty much shopped alone in fact was too tired to go and eat with Steph & her Mom - ended up eating my leftovers from Frid & Sat (our rooms had fridge & micro waves).

Linda - I don't know if you ended up out shopping me :biggrin2:- I did pretty good after you left on Sunday :thumbs_up:

1 capris - 3 pairs pants (size 2 -4 - 6) all diff styles but love the size 2's - 1 pair navy dress pants - 5 layering lite sweater tops - 1 white blouse - 2 tanks - 1 jacket - 1 suit - 2 dresses - 2 pairs of shoes - Coach handbag - 2 pair of jeans - tights -I am going to hate to see my credit card bill :lost1lbs:

Steph her Mom & I went back to mall on Monday morning - but I didn't buy anything :thumbup: as I was shopped out - But both Steph & her Mom bought more stuff from QVC

We turned everyone on to QVC & Bodyshapers !!!!!

I will up load pic's tonite (hopefully)..

I can't wait til our next lucky #7 vacation - gosh I wish we didn't live so far a part

Phyl's DH noticed Sunday nite - in fact I don't know if he noticed or that she told him - He was coming back from the pool - I had gone down to the store to get tyenlol for my aching knees & feet - and was on my way back up and Phyl's DH & I were getting in one elevator - Phyl was getting out of the other - and she told him she was going back to them mall about her ears - so I am not really sure if he noticed or she told - we will have to wait and see - she won't have a computer til she get's to her sisters today or tomorrow...

Ok I gotta get me butt in gear - well as much as in gear as I am going to get today :thumbup:

CBL

Ruby - Glad everything is going well with your stepson. Hope you make it next year to the reunion. I'm planning on going. Yeah, I have to agree with you...........you can tell who the motor mouths are.36_11_16.gif

Janet - I'm so glad you had a great time. Wish I could have gone, but hubby would have killed me if I maxed out our credit cards. Guess I wasn't joking around when I called you mall rats.

15_9_27.gifShe even looks like you.

Well, finally................the scale i starting to move again. Makes me think that there really is such a thing as a set point. I swear my scale was stuck for almost two months.....and I haven't been eating any different either.

OKAY, GONNA CHECK BACK LATER AND SEE IF THERE ARE ANY MORE FEED BACK FROM YOUR WEEKEND. DRINK YOUR Water.< /span>

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

36_14_13.gif I FORGOT TO ASK........

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES???

Been waiting and waiting to see them. I've been so patient waiting to see them. (guess it serves me right for not going.)

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Hey Janet--You got back just in time! Hope you didn't experience any damage. DS called to say he's OK--at least we heard from him.

I didn't gain any weight on our weekend adventure! O Happy Day!! Now to lose those 3 before the wedding. . . Kari--I'm glad you're seing some success. I've been on a plateau too all summer, but in my case I know I haven't been following all the rules as closely as I should.

Hey Janet--You got back just in time! Hope you didn't experience any damage. DS called to say he's OK--at least we heard from him.

I didn't gain any weight on our weekend adventure! O Happy Day!! Now to lose those 3 before the wedding. . . Kari--I'm glad you're seing some success. I've been on a plateau too all summer, but in my case I know I haven't been following all the rules as closely as I should.

Linda

I'm about 80-90 miles east of Chino Hills where the 5.6 hit - we felt it but not bad - I am in a 2 story bldg (top floor) and we swayed a bit - no biggie for me I have lived thru tons of EQ's all my life - they are far apart and not like tornado's or hurricanes that happen every year.. - I don't think there was any damage in Chino Hills -

I did't get on the scales last night - I will get on them Thursday - I don't like airport foods - over priced and I have to throw 3/4 away - I had the inside of a jr whopper (meat cheese tomato) and 4 onion rings - Inside of egg salad sandwich - 1 100 c snack pack cheezeits and a package of those- cheese & pnb crackers and here is the BAD BAD THING I ATE - 2 oatmeal raisan Cookies (one on the plane and the other one when I went to bed last night) oh ya a glass of wine during my 2 hr lay over in Denver.

Being tired - I make bad bad bad (i mean bad) food choices and I really do tend to eat the sweets & starches more - but all they have in the airports is Pasta - pizza - hamburgers and salads - yes I know I could have eaten a salad but with the dressing it's just as fatting as eating cheese & crackers... and again I make bad decisions.....

Today I am back on tract with good food choices - Breakfast tuna - lunch a ham sandwich and dinner will be fish and veggies - I am going to store after work and skipping the gym cuz I don't have any food and need some good stuff and I will go tomorrow for my trainer workout...

I'm home, Candice is on the ferry on her way back to Canada, Phyl'll be on her way to Buffalo, and Janet, Steph, and her mom are leaving for home toinght. I wish more of you could have made it. It was amazing to spend time with other women who truly understand the banded life. It was a wonderful weekend. I outshopped everyone--even Janet! We ate well but the weekend wasn't just about food--it was about us. We talked and laughed, and found so much in common. I will never forget it. Thank you Candice, Phyl, Steph, Ruby and Janet. Candice is the best roommate/driving buddy ever! Phyl is even more fun in person than she is online! (Did Earl notice yet?) Steph, our dining critic, (Stop, Bubba Stop!) couldn't be cuter, and her mom is a stitch! Janet--what can I say? Q-V-C!!! Janet is one TINY, put-together lady! She was our "Clinton and Stacy!" I love you guys! Please, everyone else, start saving now for next year.

Linda; I made it home!! HUBBY was SO glad to see me... I havn't stopped talking though since I hit the door. I have so much to tell him and I can tell that he was truly jealous of all our fun. He can't wait to meet all you ladies next year!

I'm all pouty :sad: I wish I could've been here. My stepson's vacation has been a long time in the waiting, so he needed to come first. And by this time next year we're hoping to be relocated back to Aussie. :sad: Having said that, I've been telling people the same thing for the past 2 years and it hasn't happened yet. Hubby's company keeps putting it off. :tt2: Maybe I should plan for Vegas instead. I will be there for sure if we're still here in July!

Things are going well with my stepson. I didn't really have anything to worry about. Of course. :lol: He's such a terrific kid, even though he's a little shy and quiet. My son and I are on the boisterous side. But he's been slowly coming out of his shell and started kidding around with us. He's 13 and is already 4'6" with size 13 feet. :) He's just straight up and down though. A bean pole. And to be honest, he's helping me a lot to stay on the straight and narrow as far as food goes. He doesn't eat very much at all, and it somehow helps me to eat small and not just eat like I usually do to be social with my hubby and son. He makes it easy. :hurray:

Its great to have a eating partner who helps you stay in control... what a sweetie.

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound Linda. I'm waiting like a mother hen for the rest of the gang to check in. I think it's fairly obvious who the chatty-kathys are in the thread. This place has been dead without you guys. :lol:

:wink2: Who us??? We don't "talk" too much do we :huh2: ??? Actually one morning I woke up with a sore throat, I think it was from too much talking!!!

O.k. we havn't heard from Phyl, Stephanie(Ruby) Janet??? All still enroute

I am so proud to have met all you gals, its like having extra sisters. Linda you were an incredidable hostess and all that driving you were a real trouper... I can't beleive you never said "SHUT UP Candice!!" I know I can go on, and on, and on.....:party:

I am glad you are home safe... did you have to work today???

I stayed overnight in Michigan in some little town called Davisville(?) just between Flint and Lapeer... I tried to make it to the Canadian border and to my Aunt and Uncles' place but I couldn'tkeep my little peepers open any longer.

I heard about the earthquake on the car radio. Gosh! How scarry for you!

Linda, I hope you took a day to rest before you plough into all the wedding preps.. I'll be thinking of you and MISS YOU ALREADY!!!! Oh and hubby is eagerly awaiting the cheese and wine opening!! The wine should be chilled right? The ice packs worked perfectly and my Comfort Inn room(only one avail.) had a wee fridge so I put things in there overnight... and guess what I had for dinner? ??? ya you guessed it... Taco bell... burrito...

O.k. its now my new fav. fast food rest. now where to find one in Canada?????eeekkk???

• Phyl, Steph,Rose How did you spend your last day???? I am all curious

• I am so sorry we didnt' get to connect again before we had to leave M of A. time just ran out.... I am sending big hugs and kisses from HOME :wink2: :)

p.s. looking at my pictures now and will post soon

I'M BACCCKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Gang !!!!

Oh am I tired!!!!! I got home at around 8:30 last night !!!!

We had so much fun !!!! It was so nice meeting everyone in person - It' wasn't ackward at all - it was like we have known each other for years..

We all felt so comfortable with each other.. Though I really wished that we had more time just to visit - we would take off with each other like Sat Morning - Candice & I shopped - the meet everyone for lunch then Sat Afternoon - Linda & I shopped - all had dinner on Sat nite - then came back to hotel and Steph - her Mom - Candice & I were going to go swimming but the pool closed at 10 so we just sat outside and visited with our bottle of wine. Sunday - I pretty much shopped alone in fact was too tired to go and eat with Steph & her Mom - ended up eating my leftovers from Frid & Sat (our rooms had fridge & micro waves).

Linda - I don't know if you ended up out shopping me :biggrin2:- I did pretty good after you left on Sunday :hurray:

1 capris - 3 pairs pants (size 2 -4 - 6) all diff styles but love the size 2's - 1 pair navy dress pants - 5 layering lite sweater tops - 1 white blouse - 2 tanks - 1 jacket - 1 suit - 2 dresses - 2 pairs of shoes - Coach handbag - 2 pair of jeans - tights -I am going to hate to see my credit card bill :party:

Steph her Mom & I went back to mall on Monday morning - but I didn't buy anything :lol: as I was shopped out - But both Steph & her Mom bought more stuff from QVC

We turned everyone on to QVC & Bodyshapers !!!!!

Oh I just LOVE my Spanx I don't know how i walked around all jiggly before and no one mentioned it ICK!!!

I will up load pic's tonite (hopefully)..

I can't wait til our next lucky #7 vacation - gosh I wish we didn't live so far a part

Phyl's DH noticed Sunday nite - in fact I don't know if he noticed or that she told him - He was coming back from the pool - I had gone down to the store to get tyenlol for my aching knees & feet - and was on my way back up and Phyl's DH & I were getting in one elevator - Phyl was getting out of the other - and she told him she was going back to them mall about her ears - so I am not really sure if he noticed or she told - we will have to wait and see - she won't have a computer til she get's to her sisters today or tomorrow...

I thought about it all night, and On Sunday Linda went with me and I got my ears peirced (2nd set of holes) too... so now all the Lucky 7's that were at M Of A have 2nd peircings.... oh and by the way, I've been home 3 hours and DH has NOT noticed my earrings yet LOL!!!

Ok I gotta get me butt in gear - well as much as in gear as I am going to get today :wink2:

CBL

So that's about all from me tonight, gotta go spend some quality time with Hubby :):lol: :huh2:

I am back as well, but my trip was no where near as exciting! I did get a fill which is a good thing because the scale is awful. I only got 1cc because she thought that 1.4 was too tight. (My fills are done under fluoro)

I am glad you all had a great time. We hope to be there in Vegas!