Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good Morning Gang

Hope everyone had a good weekend...

My little Angel (doggie) woke me up at 4:30 a.m. this morning to go potty - i get up at 5 so just stayed us (it's 5:30 now)

This will be a busy week for me at work cuz - i will be on vacation for 2 weeks starting the week of thanksgiving.. No great plans except going to the gym in the mornings - cleaning out the garage - doing a little xmas shopping and put up my tree.

Visited with my Uncle yesterday and he was in the Air Force and was a merchant marine so he is well traveled - as you can see by my post to Dini - he said that in Europe that they don't eat Breakfast out like we do (he was married to an english woman - i have a cuz in England)

Thought it was interesting...

Well I guess I will head to the shower and get ready for my day...

Talk to you all later - have a good day and make good choices...

xoxoxox

Janet

Good Morning! You have the day off today, right? Nice morning here in the bay area but glad we're not in the PNW. Big storm in WA/OR.

Sounds like you have a busy Thanksgiving vacation planned! Lots of things to do. We usually have our Christmas shopping done by the time we leave for the winter but NOT this year! We're behind the power curve and are going to keep it very simple!

Interesting info from your uncle. My DH was in the AF 20+ years, but we didn't get to go out of the states. At least, I didn't! He did a Viet Nam tour and a remote in Alaska. We did a little traveling in recent years, though, including a couple of trips to England. Remember eating in a pub once with my SIL... fish & chips. That was good. We stayed at a B & B a couple of times. Weird breakfast... baked Beans, something like a hot dog and a cooked 1/2 of Tomato. Didn't like it.

Where are the rest of you?? I see a couple of you are online. Wonder why we haven't heard from Dini in so long. Our "regulars" just aren't around very much these days!

Good Morning Phyl

No I am at work - just have it (lapband) in the back ground - slow so far this mornng and we won't have much mail since it's Veterans day - but we don't have the day off.

Yes my Uncle was stationed in Spain for a while - he married an English Girl - had 2 daughter (they were both born here Wash DC) if i remember correctly - my Uncle is only 12 yrs older than me - the only living relative on my Mom's side of the family (of the siblings) He was a merchant marine too - the navigator of the ship - anyway some kind of officer - he had done tons of traveling doing that too..

Yes - it's just you & me are the Lucky #7 Thread Whores :Banane42: - if it wasn't for you an me - OMG this tread would take days to change pages :).

Well better get back to work - will ck in later

xoxox

J

Hey gang! How are you. I feel like I'm always apologizing for not being here. I have so much reading to go back and do. I'm soooo behind on what's been going on!

Not sure how much wt I've lost so far. Still no scale for me. Guess I should get one, huh? I have my 2nd fill scheduled for 11/26. Yay! I'm still eating healthfully, but the portions are getting too big.

Well, I guess I'll check back in a bit.

Later gators!

Hey gang! How are you. I feel like I'm always apologizing for not being here. I have so much reading to go back and do. I'm soooo behind on what's been going on!

Not sure how much wt I've lost so far. Still no scale for me. Guess I should get one, huh? I have my 2nd fill scheduled for 11/26. Yay! I'm still eating healthfully, but the portions are getting too big.

Well, I guess I'll check back in a bit.

Later gators!

Yes Chim - you need to apoligize to us :heh: we have missed you...

Are you still working 2 jobs?? You might not have a scale but how are your clothes fitting - I had to go out a get a few things this weekend cuz NOTHING fit and it wasn't good for myself image to walk around in clothes that were so baggy - it was making me depressed....

Tell us what's up - any men to speak about ?? Hows your family??

You know all the stuff...

xoxo

Janet

Dini

Where are you - aren't you coming to the States next week??

I was talking to my Uncle last nite - he has a daughter who is engllish and we were talking about Europe and he told me that there aren't places to go out to breakfast is that true in Ireland?? Like here we have Denny's - Ihop (pancakes). He said the english don't eat out as much as us Americans do - there is pub food but it's not like going to a real restaurant.. I know that you work in your family restaurant - is it a restaurant or a pub... Do you have places to go out and eat breakfast? Do you eat eggs, bacon etc like us... Just wondering -

Let us know how you - Ana (cant spell her name) and Adam are...

xoxo

J

hello sugar! how are you. i feel like Chim all i ever do appoligise for not being around. I'm always in work and i dont like to log onto LBT in work as no-one knows i've been banded and my family are all very nosy.

anyways about going out for breakfast, its not a think to do over here. people might go into a deli and get a breakfast roll mainly men do that. when i was in school sometimes i went across the road to a place called lemon which sold pancakes coffee's and breaie toasted sandwhiches regular sandwhiches but all in all were not really a nation of people hat go out for breakfast.

my parents own take-aways, we do chips burgers hotdogs kebabs southern fried chicken and so on. its all take away.

Annafrancesca and adam are doing well. Bbay is suffering with her teeth a litle but other than that all is well.

me on the other hand am not too happy. last week i lost 1/2 lb and this week i;ve lost nothing i am totally heartbroken. :)

how are you doing? anything exciting going on with you?

yeah i will be in NEW YORK on the 24 can't wait.

let me know how you are and how you getting on :Banane42: xxxx

a message to all:

because i am in work and i wont go on to LBT therefore i can't talk to you all and i missing you all.

please email me on

DENISAMOLLE@YAHOO.CO.UK

I'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL.also will anyone be in NEW YORK around the

24th till 29th nov

love to meet up with you.hope everyone is well and loving life xxxx

hello sugar! how are you. i feel like Chim all i ever do appoligise for not being around. I'm always in work and i dont like to log onto LBT in work as no-one knows i've been banded and my family are all very nosy.

my parents own take-aways, we do chips burgers hotdogs kebabs southern fried chicken and so on. its all take away. Annafrancesca and adam are doing well. Bbay is suffering with her teeth a litle but other than that all is well. me on the other hand am not too happy. last week i lost 1/2 lb and this week i;ve lost nothing i am totally heartbroken. :) let me know how you are and how you getting on :Banane42: xxxx

Dini - 51 lbs in 4.5 month that's SUPER GREAT... But I do know what you mean - even if its just 1/2 lbs - it helps so much to see that scale move down - but Don't be so hard on yourself - OMG I don't know if I could work around food and not pick at it all day or night long...

Teething :0) I remember those days - my sons was such a drooler and still is :lost2lbs: when he sleeps ...

Yes ,we miss you and Chim - you 2 where ALWAYs here when we 1st started - it's nice to hear from you guys - we miss the gang...

I am good can't complain - feeling great - hungry right now and I got 1 1/2 till lunch...

We know you work late hours - but pop in every now and again and let us know what's up (glad you and adam aren't having all the drama anymore - but it was interesting to read ;0))

Are you planing to see any shows??? Right now there is some kind of strike going on so people are getting refunds cuz there are no shows - producer or lighting people I don't remember what - but the holidays is a big time in the city and people are going to be dissappointed cuz that's the thing to do in NY go to a broadway show...

xoox

Janet

Last night on the news they were talking about a new skin tightening process that is used on people who have lost a lot of weight.

This link shows before and after pics. I'm still trying to find the other link with pics also showing what they can do for bat wings.

Dallas Thermage Plano Thermage Skin Tightening Body by Thermage Body Thermage Eye Thermage Dallas

Last night on the news they were talking about a new skin tightening process that is used on people who have lost a lot of weight.

This link shows before and after pics. I'm still trying to find the other link with pics also showing what they can do for bat wings.

Dallas Thermage Plano Thermage Skin Tightening Body by Thermage Body Thermage Eye Thermage Dallas

I knew they did this for your face but didn't know it was used on the rest of your body - my bat wings are too big - they will have to be cut on - that's the problem as you get older - and I have read where that surgery has not been perfected yet - scars are seen,...

Hello Dini, Chim,Indio and sorry if I forgot others names!!!

I have been missing in action too. I guess once the initial bloom is off the rose we get busy with our 'regular' lives and don't post as often.

Everyones weight seems to be going down so well. I am still ONLY 23 since surgery... I am really "p" ssed off.... how cum I am not losing more?

Raining here, maybe I'm just feeling blah

The news report last night said they can now do the "arm lift" surgery with a scar half the size they use to. Now the scar starts in your armpit and goes down about four inches(about half way). The price is about $8,000. I'm sure it's cheaper in Mexico.

I was losing slow to until this past week. The liquid calories, such as Soup and snacking were adding on the calories. I keep track of my calories in a log book from "Calorie King". You can get it at the book store. They also have a great web site with the calories of everything.

Hello Lucky7's!

I got my 3rd fill over the weekend ... .3cc to give me a total of 2.6cc. I did good with the barium swallow afterwards ... went out for lunch and had some Soup and also had soup that evening for dinner and everything was fine. Then yesterday morning I woke up and had this massive tightness in my chest. I couldn't drink my morning Protein Shake as usual ... I could barely get Water down! :eek: I figured it could be swelling and things would be OK in a couple days ... last thing I wanted was to go all the way back to TJ for an unfill. So yesterday I had nothing but water & broth and today while I am still a bit tight, I've been able to consume thicker Soups. Sure was scary for a bit yesterday though!

That Thermage skin tightening system was interesting to read about ... something I might consider. I'm starting to grow bat wings :faint:

Hello Dini, Chim,Indio and sorry if I forgot others names!!!I have been missing in action too. I guess once the initial bloom is off the rose we get busy with our 'regular' lives and don't post as often. Everyones weight seems to be going down so well. I am still ONLY 23 since surgery... I am really "p" ssed off.... how cum I am not losing more? Raining here, maybe I'm just feeling blah

Peaches - you lost quite a bit pre-surgery - so this could be a factor.

The other - what are you eating & are you exercising. I find that for me exercise is the key... Also keeping a food diary...

The news report last night said they can now do the "arm lift" surgery with a scar half the size they use to. Now the scar starts in your armpit and goes down about four inches(about half way). The price is about $8,000. I'm sure it's cheaper in Mexico.
I keep track of my calories in a log book from "Calorie King". You can get it at the book store. They also have a great web site with the calories of everything.

Allaboutme - I just don't know about going to mexico - alot do but if a problem occurs I want help now - I want American laws to protect me.

You have no recourse with a Mexico Doctor...

My Doc gave me a Calorie King Book & Log and I have ck'd out there website - it's good - I just keep a little diary book that I got from Target it 3 x 3 and easy to carry - IMHO keep a food diary is key to weight loss as we forget about the little things that do add up

Hello Lucky7's!

So yesterday I had nothing but Water & broth and today while I am still a bit tight, I've been able to consume thicker Soups. Sure was scary for a bit yesterday though!

BlooEyez - I know that the day of my fill didn't feel anything but the next day it kicks is - My doc makes you go back to postop diet 7 days full liquids - 7 days mushie - 7 days soft & then regular.

I had my 2nd fill on the 24th and still have restriction but it has loosen up. Where do you live?? if you are only 1 1/2 from TJ - LA or Orange ???