Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Welcome back Felicia and lainy. Good to see you're both doing good.

Caolin, it is hard, and those same demons are there that were there before, ut look at you now, you consider eating tuna as cheating. Before if may have been a candy bar, or ice cream, so see how our minds are changing. I was allowed tuna on mushys, and yes, I ate the crackers too. I crushed them into the salad, and I did use pickle relish. I still eat it like that. So how long are you on liquids? Hopefully just a few more days. Good Luck!!

Kristin07, was it a big brownie or a little taste of one??? You bad girl, LOL, but I've wondered how they would taste if I add the Protein into the batter. Think they would pass for a mushy??!!!

frustrated, I'm like you, not eating a half hour before or after any meals, even if it is Soup, or a shake. It's a good habit to begin with and I'm glad I did.

Tenille, why does your doc wait 3 months for a fill??????? That seems like a lifetime. What is his reasonong behind it? You poor thing.

cazulay, a belt is a belt, and you got to tighten it, so way to go!!!

unruhlyhd, how was your tuna helper last night? I may have to get some myself, it sounded good as I was reading your post. My step kids go back to school this week too. I think it's early, but then they get out the end of May every year.

So I'm having something new for Breakfast, it the Simple Harvest multigrain oatmeal from Quaker. I've added a 1/2 scoop of protein to it, and it is very good. I've got the Maple brown sugar with pecans. YUM!!

itzonlyme, welcome to the Lucky 7's. We have a reat suppot group here, and we're excited to have you join us. How nice that you have your own support group in you daughter, who has done this with you!! You'll both be able to help each other through this. That's awesome!!

lindaa, congrats on the pound loss. Your fill is just around the corner.

Hopefully this will help. I've already had a fill, and I don't feel a lot of restriction, so I having to add extra Protein in everywhere. But is sounds like you did great with your family, especially if they'e food oriented.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you all remember back before my surgery I received a call from the pre surgery collections at the hospital telling my I owed $291.90 for my surgery, and I had already paid the hospital $9,600- the self pay price. I gave them the $291.90 that day and told them to go ahead and send it through figuring they wouldn't be covering because it stated, no weight management surgery, even for morbid obesity or Dr. suppervised diet. I just went to my web page at United Health Care, and viewed my claims, and OMG, OMG, OMG,:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

THEY PAID!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. I just sat there crying, and I ran upstairs to wake my DH to tell him. I'm in shock. I'm getting a refund of $9,600!!!!!!!!!I'm so freaking out right now. I just want to scream with happiness. Never in a million years would I have thought this, as it is an exclusion in my policy. So all you self payers, if you can, have them submit it to insurance even if it's excluded, because they may just pay it anyway!!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Lynette, Yeah, for you!!!!! I am soooo happy for you!!! Now, you can use that money to buy your new wardrobe or whatever else you may decide!!!!! That is just awesome!!!!

MY DAUGHTER AND I GOT BANDED 07/27/07, ALREADY LOST 27 LBS, SHE HAS LOST 20, AND IM FEELIN GREAT.weight.png:biggrin1:

Wow, that is awesome! How exciting to be doing this with your daughter!!!! You have a great support system going and sounds like you are on a roll!!! Keep up the good work!!!:whoo:

Hey guys. It's me Felicia. I know I haven't been on in a while, I've been going through some things. My father was diagnosed with Lukemia, so I've been sort of down in the dumps... but I'm back and raring to go. I know I've missed a lot going on. My weight is coming off, I'm down about 25lbs. I go for my 1st fill Monday, I can't wait. Talk to you guys later.

Felicia, So sorry to hear of your father's diagnosis! We are happy that you stopped in and hope that things improve real soon for you and your family! We will keep you all in our prayers!!! Stop back often!:wacko:

Kristin and Caolin, Don't feel bad, think we are all are dealing with our own demons right now!!! I know we will all make mistakes and slip up every now and again, but for the most part, we won't and we WILL be successful!!!! We will all be on LOSER'S ROW TOGETHER!!!! We can do it!!!!

dmtjet, I still can't believe it. I'm shaking so bad right now. I'm still in shock.

Felicia, I'm sorry about your father also, and so sorry I forgot to mention it in my last post. They can do wonders for Leukemia patients, so I hope your father will be one of the wonders. Please keep us up to date on him, and how you're doing. I'll pray for you and him to come through this. Be strong for him, and God will do the rest. When I walked my marathon last year, I walked for LLS, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, to honor my grandmother who battled Lymphoma at the age of 73. Now, 4 years later she is in remision, and doing well. It was the least I could do after she so bravely went through her chemo and radiation. She is my rock, and she is the strongest person I know, so I honored her every step on the way, and helped to raise over $350,000 with my team. It felt so good.

unruhlyhd, how was your tuna helper last night? I may have to get some myself, it sounded good as I was reading your post.

The tuna helper was WONDERFUL! I added extra tuna to it for added protein...nice to have something semi-normal again!

unruhlyhd, yep, it sounds like dinner for tonight will be tuna helper. Hey have you notices that a 6oz can of tuna only has 3 ozz of tuna and 3 ozs of Water? ??? I was measuring it out the other day. I've been cheating myself, because I was splitting it in two equal potions and thinking it was 3 ozs. Now I know why I've been so hungry after only 2 hours!!!

Well, we're heading out for the day. I told my DH we needed to go out Celebrate our good news. I'm guessing he's already got the $9,600 spent in his head, probably on a quad runner for hunting in the fall,LOL!!

He want's to go to the Bass Pro Shop in the mall. At least I'll be walking for my excercise!!!

I'll check back in later. Have a great day eveyone!!!

Hello Everyone, what a great group!

I was banded at Beth Israel Deaconess hospital on July 23. Unfortunately, because of adhesions from previous surgeries, the doctor had a great deal of difficulty separating intestine from muscle/fat, etc. During this process he made a hole in my small intestine. :rain: After multiple flushings and consultations with other surgeons, Dr. Jones decided to risk putting in the lap band. If there was going to be a problem with infection, the band itself would be a prime target. He chose not to fix the hiatal hernia.

I was in the hospital for FIVE days and came home with heavy doses of antibiotics. I returned the following week, still harboring an above normal blood count and low-grade fever. :sick I am just finishing the second round of antibiotics. I seem okay now.

Obviously, I was on Clear Liquids all five days in the hospital. I've done the liquid phase at home (protein drinks, Soup, applesauce, yogurt etc.) BUT I have cheated here and there with small quantities of fruit, some crackers, two bites of pizza, Lipton noodle soup and even a half scoop of ice cream. I do feel restriction. though and I've lost a total of 17 lbs since my preop diet to today.

On Wenesday, I should be moving on to Stage 3 diet. I won't be having a fill until mid -September. The positive side of all this is that I felt very little pain--didn 't use any pain meds from day 1, I have the band, and I've lost weight.

Good luck to all of us--the jouney begins . . .:clap2:

lorna

I won't be so wordy in the future!