Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Lynette, what security program are you running? They usually have fixes built into them and when you go to the main page of those programs, they have tons of support sites!

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to drop a post to see how everyone is doing, It seems like an eternity since I have spoken to anyone. School has started back and I am in MedSurg II and it is a lot of work, so needless to say I have been a bit preoccupied. I hope everyone is doing well, I have not been able to go back and read the 50 someting pages I have missed, but I just wanted to drop in and tell everyone that I miss them and I will post some more later, but for now I Have to go to the hospital and get my assignments for tommorow, clinical, yuck!!!!!!!

Take care everyone

Good morning everyone! Special hugs for my band sisters who are getting done along with me today. I have 2.5 hours before I have to be at the hospital. My nerves are catching up with me. I have butterflies in my tummy. At least I hope it's butterflies. It's churning like crazy. I have to stay overnight tonight, but that's okay. I think. I was like NewCC yesterday, thinking all kinds of horrible things like 'what if I don't wake up?', 'what if this doesn't work?', 'what if something goes wrong?'. I've decided I need to stop thinking. :confused:

So I spent yesterday with my son (almost 9) in the pool; last day I'll be able to do that for a few weeks, and had a really good time. Usually I'm in and out after a few minutes, but I spent the extra time with him and really enjoyed myself. It was a good bonding session and he made me feel better without realising it. He doesn't know I'm having surgery today. I don't want him to worry uneccessarily (like his mother is!). He knows I'm spending the night elsewhere, but that's it.

Anyway, I haven't been able to keep up with the forum as we've had a house guest all week who is going home Sunday. I've skipped over a lot of pages. Geeez we lucky sevens can talk! LOL.

I'll check back in tomorrow once I get home. I expect to be released around noon. 26 hours from now. Bye for now everyone and many, many, MANY thanks to all of you. I don't post too often, but the support from everyone here is a blessing and helps calm my nerves and I don't feel nearly as "Frustrated" as I look. :grouphug:

gotta go! baby just woke up! best of luck for later Ruby,

momma hope your around later

lynette get that sorted we miss you xx

Ruby, Check back when you get back!!! You will be fine! I did exactly the same thing, the day before my surgery ... totally enjoyed the pool, but you will be back in by 2 weeks, so not too bad!

Christy, sounds like you are plugging right along!!! Great, keep it up! Keep us posted on how things are going! I know schooling can be trying and stressful, but at least you are busy!!!

gotta go! baby just woke up! best of luck for later Ruby,

momma hope your around later

lynette get that sorted we miss you xx

Dini, Enjoy that baby!!!! She is such a blessing!!!

Hey guys! I have a question, is anyone else having difficulty sleeping b/c of the pain, I usually last a few hours and then the pain wakes me up. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

I kept a dose of pain med on my night stand to take during the night. That got me a good night's sleep every night.

Hello Everyone,

Eileen - I was banded Tues. I also keep my med. on my nightstand. It feels like someone beat the crap outta me.

Aunty Phil - I'm also coughing some.

Nicole - Great job!!!! 29lbs, Wha Whooooooo

Hello Everyone,

Eileen - I was banded Tues. I also keep my med. on my nightstand. It feels like someone beat the crap outta me.

Aunty Phil - I'm also coughing some.

Nicole - Great job!!!! 29lbs, Wha Whooooooo

I'm just using the tylenol now. A dose at bedtime last night got me to about 4 a.m. when the coughing woke me up. I may have a cold. But I feel much better than yesterday. Soreness on the left side is less today. Steri Strips are off three of the six incisions. All are healing nicely.

I hope everyones' doing well, Glad to see your back Michelle. It's been 18 days, and I'm down 18lbs. , but I feel like I'm in bandsters hell, no more swelling, no port pain, and I can eat anything, i need a fill ASAP. I can eat bread, meat, etc..

Lynette, I'm sorry about those pancakes, that seemed really rough. I have been so busy with work, and family, I guess the bad thing is I lost the 18lbs. in the first week, and just maintained. I'm scheduled for a fill in St. Pete (fill centers usa), on my birthday Aug. 23rd that will be the best present in the world. My wife is getting better with the morning sickness, we go on Aug 3rd for the heartbeat(very excited). I'm going to start excersing on Monday, Cardio, cardio and more cardio I hope that will boost my metabilism. Good luck to all you Lucky # 7s' Danny

Auntie Phyl, I had a lot of coughing within a couple days of surgery. I wasn't sure if it was a cold or from the surgery. Still not sure! My doc told me the anethesia does that to some people, and to just keep coughing to work it out. I highly recommend the breathing exercises...they seem to help some. Wishing I had done it more. I'm over 2 weeks since surgery, and still have the cough.

Danny, Nice to hear from you again!!! How exciting to hear the baby's heartbeat!!! Keep us posted!!!! Stop in again soon!

Dini, I showed your cyber sis (my youngest) your pics and she said you are built just like her!!! She thinks you are very pretty too!!! See, must be true!!!!! You are way too hard on yourself!:confused:

Hi all. Just wanted to stop in and say hi and hope everyone is doing great. I just finished catching up on all the posts. My computer was running really slow yesterday taking forever to load a page so I just quit and came back today.

Today is day 3 with the band. I am feeling fine doing great. Finally got to take my shower. Thank goodness I felt like a grease monkey!! LOL It was the best shower I have ever taken. Still find that I tire out easily but that is to be expected. I am thoroughly enjoying my time off of work. I am doing nothing but walking, sleeping and drinking fluids. The fluids are going down very well. No problem there.

I feel great and have to say this has been a very postive experience for me. The surgery went extremely well with no pain after wards. I am fortunate because I have noticed many have problems with the gas. I hope that passes for all of you soon. Hope everyone is doing great and welcome to bandland.

Lynnette hope you get your computer going soon. I miss reading your posts.

Auntie Phyl you sound like you are doing bettter. That is great

Dini take care of your little precious gem. She is a doll.

Everyone else I am thinking of you and praying for you all.

Take care