Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Lots of us here right now! Good night Dini and Chim.

Good luck to all getting banded tomorrow! Mine is on Friday and I am getting lots of butterflies. Let us know how you do.

Kathy, I have been meaning to say your daughter is SO cute! And omg, how can she look so much like you? It's amazing the way the Lord works.

Your kitchen looks great too, I am getting ready to do some remodeling also, but I don't want DH doing it, so I am saving up to pay somebody. He is very handy but a major proscratinator and messy, drives me crazy. First house we bought we were this close to a divorce, it was a major fixer-upper and doing it all ourselves...never again ( hopefully).

I have PCOS as well. I was diagnosed about 6 years ago. All my doctors missed it until I switched to a new PCP a friend recommended. My first visit there he diagnosed me with it. He lectures other doctors on PCOS. He first started me out on Gluchaphoge (sorry I know I messed up on the spelling) but we found out I had horrible muscle cramps with it. So, we switched to Actos and I've been using that until a month before my surgery when my Lap Doctor told me to get off of it. It's a shame more doctors don't realize some of their patients have PCOS and that woman don't realize what it is. I had no clue until my doctor told me what it was and then it was as if a light went on and everything made sense.

Good luck to everyone who is being banded on Monday! You'll me be in my thoughts and prayers.

RUNNING A LOW GRADE TEMP TONIGHT....100.2

:sick

Renee, I joined here while you were away. I am sorry about your Collie. Dogs are true best friends and it's so hard to lose one! I will be in for pre-op on your surgery day, so I will remember you during your surgery. Best, C

Phyl, oh, sorry about the fever. Weird but fever makes me sleep really, really well. Hope it goes away soon! C

Renee, sorry about your pet! I know that can be sooooo hard! They are so much a part of our families. The last dog we lost, my husband said he has gone to funerals for family members that weren't as hard. It is sad to say, but there are some relatives that you rarely see ... those animals are there day and night every day of the year and they love us unconditionally! My heart goes out to you! I pray that you will find peace with this situation.

Phyllser, fever? Don't let it get out of hand. Did you have it in the hospital? I would definitely call in the morning and find out what they think. You just never know. Your body has been through quite a bit of trauma!!! Keep us posted!

Dini, you are just a lovely young lady!!!!!! You are way too hard on yourself!!!! Man, any guy would be oh so lucky to have a HOT babe like you on his arm!!! I got myself one lovely daughter, lol!!!!

I can only imagine how frightened you must have been concerning Annafrancesca!!! Holy Cow, not fun to fear if she will be returned to you!!! I would have went nuts, probably called the cops ... yep, most likely completely over-reacted! LOL It's good you can keep it all together! I am soooo glad she is home safe and sound!!!!

Lynette, sorry I missed you today! My hubby and I went to two Summerfest Festivals in our area today! Lots of fun! Lots of exercise! A little difficult with eating, but for Breakfast hubby made me scrambled eggs w/cheese, then for lunch at one of the Festivals I had a barbeque pulled pork sandwich. I ate about half the meat and gave the whole bun and the other half to hubby. For Supper at at the next Festival, I had a pig-in-the-blanket, potato salad, and halushki. I at 3/4 of the pig, a spoon of potato salad, and two spoons of halushki. Hubby had his meal and the rest of mine! I am thinking he may be putting on some pounds, lol!

Chimboree, Glad you are home and done with your testing! I was like that too w/my sleep study! Kept peaking to see if the red hue was still on and the camera red light!!! YIKES, doesn't make for a good nights sleep! All those wires and the gunk in your hair!!! I just loved walking out of the place w/ that stuff in my hair!!! I looked soooo lovely, lol!

Sunny, another lovely day here! Highs in 70's and lows in 50's!! Keep it coming!

Kathy, hope all is well!

Wishing everyone well that is banded this week! :D

MsPris~ Thank you!

Peaches9~ Thanks, I am going to try the Benefiber when I start to eat food.< /span>

Lynettee617~ I went to GNC and got some unflavored Protein Powder to put in Soups and drinks and stuff. They said it was great for smoothies and stuff too. If it is good I’ll let ya’ll know! I think they rather the isolate cuz like you said it is absorbed better. That is what I believe the one I got is.

Good luck to all of tomorrows bandsters!

6/1/07 350

6/27/07 339

7/18/07 331

weight.png

Sunny Sunshine i was thinking of you this weekend. All weekend has been Sunny, Maybe if i think of you everyday it will never rain!! how are you xx

You were in my thoughts too. I sorry you had to worry so this weekend.

You are truly beautiful. I love pics. You really don't look as if you needed the surgery but I know photo and personal perceptions are different. No way you cousin is prettier, or funnier, or sweeter, or HOTTER!!! :D

My surgery date was July 13th.

Hi. I am from Augusta. My cousin was banded by Dr. Whipple in May. She has lost 54 lbs. She is doing great and is my inspiration. I get banded this Thursday.

I just noticed that the area below my port incision is swollen. The incision area looks fine.

Is it like this for anyone else?

Mine is'nt swollen but the skin below the port incision is all numb:confused:

I hated my sleep study!! I couldn't get out of that hospital fast enough so I could go home and sleep!! The tech did say I slept, but I wasn't convinced. Halfway through the night they came in and put the cpap machine on me.....oh, that just about put me over the edge, I was already wired up and down and totally uncomfortable. But I knew it was for a good cause, so I made it through and the 31st is almost here!!!:notagree

Dini - Went and checked out your pic, wow, wish I looked that good at 23!!! I also wanted to mention that I've been to Dublin several times and love the city.......what a beautiful place to spend time. We did a lot of driving through the country side also, so Dublin didn't get as much attention as I would have liked. But the funny story is, when my sister and I went for the first time, she drove a car rental (wrong side of the road for us!!), we got into Dublin airport at 2:00pm and never made it out of the city!! We drove around and around and around......passing the same stuff and never finding out way out (we were heading to the west coast)...it was hilarious, we eventually found our way back to the airport and spend the night there......how embarassing!!! We laugh about it now.....not so funny then!:D

Sunny - dating on the internet, what can I say....it worked for me, but my younger sister has not had such great luck, so it's really hit and miss!! I just got darn lucky. But I do believe it is a wonderful way to meet people, just be skeptical.....question everything. The first time I didn't and it caught me out, so when I met my husband, he got the third degree!!! But he's passed the test.....lol....finally!:ranger:

Phyl - don't let that temperature get out of hand now!!! And tell those neighbors to shut the h**k up and let you sleep!:sick

Chim - Not once did they offer to give me something to sleep....I would have gladly taken it!!!! I'm glad it went well for you.......and I hear you about the gunk in the hair......I showered before I left the hospital, thinking I got it all out, I get home and there is still Patches of it glued to my head.....what a mess!!:huytsao

Lynette - I, too, am amazed at how each person's experience varies so dramatically. I have a one week pre-op diet (starting Tuesday), have the surgery and no after surgery tests at all.....not sure that is a good thing or bad. I did ask the nurse, she said that hospitals are more apt to do that whereas I am just going to an outpatient surgery. After hearing some of the stories, I'm starting to feel neglected !! lol:eek:

Well, I'm a chatting cathy today......I guess I'm finally feeling like I have something to contribute, as my day is coming soon.

Good luck to all those lucky people being banded this week!!

Celeste

Mornin'!

I am 3 days post-op, and today is my anniversary! My hubby and I met online and are now celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary.

Anyway - today I can go from the clear liquid stage to the mushy stage, and I am sooo excited about it. There is a wonderful Protein shake that gets you plenty of Protein, and tastes great as well. It's called "Muscle Milk" and it comes in lots of yummy flavors. The flavors that I have at home right now are banana Creme (which is currently my favorite), Rootbeer Float, Cookies and Cream and Caramel Pecan Swirl.

In my magic bullet (which is now my best friend, btw) I mix in a 1/3 cup of ice, 1 scoop mucle milk and 6 oz. of fat free milk. Let me tell you that I am NOT a milk drinker, but this stuff is yummy. The banana creme tastes just like a banana milkshake! The hardest part is remembering to drink it slow enough, because it is THAT good! :D

If Muscle Milk is something that you are interested in purchasing, I would either purchase it online at supplementwarehouse.com or at Super supplements. It's about double the price if you get it at GNC.

On my pre-op diet, I had a shake for Breakfast, a shake for lunch and then something small for dinner. Such as a 3 oz piece of chicken or fish, and raw veggies with no dip. It definitely helped me to go down 36 lbs before surgery. And the best part - I never felt like I was starving!

It is almost 2 am here, and I'm feeling a bit itchy and sore. I feel sorry for my DH because I am still not able to get out of bed by myself. He came up with a great idea that has really helped. We have cordless phones in which you can page the other phone. He keeps one, and I keep the other, and when I need him, I just page him. He comes running...even at 2 am. He's a keeper!

Do any of you have the new AP band? My original surgery was scheduled for June 29th, and I postponed it until July 20th, because my Dr's office didn't receive the new AP band until July 16th. After doing a bunch of research, I definitely wanted to get the newer band. I ended up being the 1st patient that my doctor ever placed an AP band in. I think the Dr. and my nurse were more excited about the new band than I was! LoL!

This whole experience has definitely been one of the best. I could never have imagined it to go so well. I am just extremely thankful to God for taking such good care of me, and I hope He does the same for all of you who are being banded real soon. Good luck!

hey guys. Im new here. My date for surgery is July 27. 5 days away. Im so anxious. I cant believe im actaully going through with this. I want to lose about 60 lbs. Im about 210 at the mo. I have been struggling to lose weight since the birth of my first child. Hes now 8.

Im getting banded here in Ireland. Is there anybody out there from Ireland