Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I'm going to go ahead and post this in case anyone is leaving to go out of the country for surgery on Monday, but my best wishes and prayers go out to our Monday 7/16 Bandsters::clap2:

Lainy, Darlaur, Sunshinesonya, Sweetjephy, Lindaa, RRkeithsGirl, HollySue, Coltonwade, and last, but surely not least, MsPris!!! And I sure hope I didn't miss anyone!!!:omg:

Have a safe trip, a speedy recovery:car:, and come back to see us:ranger: when you feel up to it. We'll all be thinking of you!!!!!!!!:whoo:

dmtjet, what am I packing???

Do you know what Go-Gurt is?? It's yogurt packaged like a popsicle in a long plastic sleeve. I keep these in the freezer because I love them frozen, so I'm packing 2 of these which is 2.25 oz each, so I go a little over on ozs, but it's only 160 calories for both, and 4 g of Protein.< /p>

I'm also taking cottage cheese (Breakstones makes a 4 pack in individual cups that are 4 ozs each) and this has 90 calories with 11 g of protein.

Also, I have a Yoplait Light smoothie drink which is 90 calories, and 6 g of protein. It's 8 ozs, so I only plan to have 1/2 the bottle. I've already had 2 meals and 1 snack today, so these are my other 3 meals/snacks for the evening. Oh, and of course, my Water bottles!!!

I just had my surgery thursday and they told me they would give me anti nausia drugs all through out the surgery and I was given a shot of anti nausia stuff every six hours after surgery until I came home. My doctor did not want to take any chance of you getting sick and messing up his good work (Ha Ha). He also sent me home with a supository in case I started feeling sick a my stomach. It made me feel confident I was not going to be sick. Hope that helps you as you prepare for your big day!

Patti C

Hey ya'll! Just droppin in to see what's happening, and as usual, there's a lot going on! :high5:

I've been in and out of the house, and I'm heading out for the evening, so I'll be back later to talk more.

I'm sure there will be plenty to read and respond to.

BTW, someone asked about multi-quoting. Just click the Multi-Quote button on the posts you want to respond to, when you're done, click on New Reply. In your reply, you will see each post that you multi-quoted. Hope that helps.

Talk to ya soon. :o

I know walking is important after surgery not only for exercise but to help with the gas pain. My question is, we have a recumbent bike and I thought about riding that if it was too hot/humid/muggy outside. I live in Nashville and it can get so muggy here sometimes that it's hard to breath.

If it's too bad outside, do you think riding the bike will help with the post op gas pain?

Oh, and I forgot to respond to the post about introducing ourselves. I'm Michelle, 35 from Nashville. I've been married for 5 1/2 years we have no children but we have a 16 year old dog. I've been overweight since I was in college.

hey everyone!

not in for long just on a break!!

sounds like everyone is doing well! which is AMAZING! i took a look at the calendar and WOW there are lots of us. its fantastic.

Ok about the CRUISE!! does anyone know how to get the polls going??

Can everyone state where you'd like to go so we can do a poll? also were looking around the 08/08/08 pm me if this does not suit and we can do a poll on the date also but if no-one objects its around Aug time!

there are around 10-12 interested so far.

i'm having a problem keeping track cos not everyone is PM ME.

PLEASE: PM me if your interested for the cruise.

hope everyone is having a fine evening.

dmtjet, lynette-- thanks for the support about the weight gain--I had not heard that about the gas, etc.

Laurend--when I have something a little more positive to report, I'll give you my stats, how's that?

Heat--for all of you who say it is too hot to exercise outside--I hear ya! I basically live in the desert and the exercising outside thing is not practical. We're moving back to a saner climate at the end of September, but I'm really going to have to start making myself do something here at home-- DVDs or something--until then.

ABOUT ME

My name is Nicole. I'm 36, I have three boys; 17 yrs., 6 yrs., & 20 mos. I homeschool my 6 year old, but I did not do that w/my oldest. The oldest is actually going to college in Hawaii right now. I have a Masters and a credential, but I just left my job as a teacher to stay home full time!!! Yeah!!! I've been overweight basically my whole life, but it got really bad between middle & high school. We have a bulldog puppy named Obi Wan right now (can you tell the 6 yr. old named him?) and potty training him right after surgery has been a lot of work, but he is just about the cutest thing ever next to a human baby!!

I am in my preop diet. Hunger comes and goes. I have been finding things to keep me busy. Went to the movie today and didn't even want p_ _ corn. Got my last preop test out of the way. Now all I have to do is eat liquids and wait until Friday. I am a big St. Louis Cardinals fan and the way they are playing lately makes it very easy for one to lose their appetite. I have been reading and doing some beading as well. Keeps your mind active and hands busy. My doctor's assistant told me the first 48 hours were the worse.

Yes, I did get banded on 7/9 and feeling great (tender at the port site) - but, I can get in and out of the chair and bed now. I am just sooooo hungry. Full liquids are OK - but, I did not think my stomach would growl so soon.

Hi guys!

July 07 Banders have some great posts. I had my band on 7/9 and I have just joined the site. So I'm not sure about how to post or where...I just turned 50 and felt that something had to be done.

Is anyone working with Diabetis? My main goal was to decrease my blood sugars and keep the weight off. But, my sugars are still running over 150 - any ideas? The doctor put me on a new medicine Riomet since it is a liquid.< /p>

Thanks ladies for all of your information. I did not know about the diarrhea - wondered if it was caused by the new Riomet or the surgery. I am down 8 pounds from surgery date!

Peaches mentioned something about the "gas passer" at time of surgery - I kept thinking I had seen her somewhere before - I had helped her with her hospital bills 6 months or so ago...I sure am glad everything turned out OK...:o

Lynette, yes, on the Gogurt! Actually, I have some here. Hope you had a great night fishing! Also, did your doctor happen to say when you could start doing more exercise than walking? I didn't think to ask! Thinking I would like to start going to the gym again and just wondered. Definitely wouldn't do any stomach exercises, but otherwise thought it might be okay. Anyone have any idea on this one?:o

Hi guys!

July 07 Banders have some great posts. I had my band on 7/9 and I have just joined the site. So I'm not sure about how to post or where...I just turned 50 and felt that something had to be done.

Is anyone working with Diabetis? My main goal was to decrease my blood sugars and keep the weight off. But, my sugars are still running over 150 - any ideas? The doctor put me on a new medicine Riomet since it is a liquid.

Thanks ladies for all of your information. I did not know about the diarrhea - wondered if it was caused by the new Riomet or the surgery. I am down 8 pounds from surgery date!

Peaches mentioned something about the "gas passer" at time of surgery - I kept thinking I had seen her somewhere before - I had helped her with her hospital bills 6 months or so ago...I sure am glad everything turned out OK...:o

Gege, you were banded the same day as me! I didn't have diarrhea, but rather Constipation. I am taking a stool softener for that, but seems you can have either. Apparently, codeine laced pain pills 'cause constipation as well. Not sure, but what I have heard.

I have diabetes, but was told not to take my Avandia since my surgery and not eating enough. My sugar has been good, usually 122 to 150. Prior to surgery I was on Avandia, Glucophage (twice a day), and Byetta (twice a day), so doing well now. Hope things improve for you very soon!