Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I've been seeing that just about everyone had their pre-op blood work done before the day of surgery. I'm having mine done the morning of surgery - 6AM. I'm a little nervous about it because I always have trouble getting the blood to flow. Is anyone else having their pre-op blood work done the day of surgery?

Drink lots and lots of Water. the more hydrated you are, the more blood you'll pump at them. I actually went super hydrated one day and my blood squirted llike crazy. It leaked from the injection site also. Every nurse that walked in commented on how hydrated I was. Try to drink as much water as possible the night before.

good luck!!

Surgery Date: July 3rd, 2007

user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Whew. I'm so happy to be back home. It was a wonderful stay but I'm happy to be home for healing. I got in about 4:30 this evening and I went out and watered some plants :). I feel good, not great but I do feel it's accurate to call it minor surgery. I sure have loud stomach sounds!! It sounds and feels like intense hunger pangs, but I don't know how to be sure since I can't eat to see if it calms down lol. I do get yogurt tomorrow though and I bet it will help. I'm also having a hard time burping. I've got a lot of pressure in my upper stomach. I have not had the gas pain as badly as I feared.

I also decided to get zoom whitening while I was there. It was a nice savings and my teeth are so pretty!

When I finished with the zoom I met Nicole...Ronik26 in the lobby. She was there for pre-ops and I know she was on for today. I'm sure she's doing well! We rode back to the hotel together. It's neat to have chatted here and then meet IRL. She was so sweet and her hubby was with her.:)

My weight dropped nicely. 11 lbs lost on the pre-op and 3 more since surgery.

Ah Destions! We watch it every week in my Spanish class. Yes, you can watch it online, but I need the closed captioning! Looking forward to practicing next week!

I took a Spanish for educators class, and have seen them specifically geared towards medical personnel. Kind of fun...

Icy - What the heck?! I got Demerol in the surgery center and was sent home with liquid Vicodin...now I don't use a full dose, but it's nice to have...especially to sleep. I think you should give him a call.

Lindaa - I was able to shower after one day...I didn't get sutures, I got a plastic band-aide thing called an "Op-Site"...no glue, no stitches, sounds good to me.

Wrangler - drink plenty of Water before your blood draw - it will make the blood flow better. And FYI I had ZERO blood work or labs done prior to surgery.

AppleBlossom - glad to hear that you're back home and doing well! Keep up the good recovery.

So, I've been telling my sister about this "support group" I'm part of and she asked if I had bragged about sleeping on my side, drinking well, and shopping at Target (it gave purpose to my walk). So....I told her that I already bragged, but she thought I might not have bragged enough! Therefore, here I am bragging!

I really hope everyon else's recovery goes this well!

First I want to congratuate all the July banders and all their great work. So I was supposed to have my surgery on the 9th, however there were some problems with the surgery center which I was not notified about until one business day before my surgery. So after waiting 6 tremendously long days I finally got the ok that everything was worked out. I was told that I will probably be having the surgery on Wednesday the 18th, but I'll know tomorrow for sure when the scheduler calls me. So I am trying to hard to stay on the liquid and Protein diet. I have already been on it for over tweek weeks now and now have to continue another week. I cheated a couple of times having bread and it made me feel so sick and gain back 2 pounds! Horrifying, so that is a motivation in itself to not eat any more breads or other carbs. I didn't have a hard time the first week and a half, but once I found out that there was a problem with my surgery and it was cancelled, I kinda freaked out and ate stuff I knew I shouldn't have, but I was so upset I didn't care. Now I am upset with myself that I let myself do that. Anyway, I have vowed to be good for this next week so everything goes well with my surgery. It is just so hard because it will be 3 1/2 weeks of this Liquid Protein diet. Ugghhh!!! Any ideas on how to get through this? :)

Hey ya'll!

Here's our most recent calendar. Please let me know if there are any corrections that need to be made.

For the following folks, I don't have your dates, so can you let me know if you have one, yet? I've gone through our posts, but may have easily missed it.

Cherryblossom, Janiee, Delia, TexGal, MamaLaywer, Ribearty, Only4Me (7/30?), and Tulips...

Just let me know.

Hi Chimboree:)

Janiee here!! Just wanted to update you on my surgery date of 7/19/07!! WooHoo!!!! I am so happy to see so many July 07 bandsters!!!

Thank you so much for making and updating the calander!!:biggrin1:

Lynette- I love your new picture, and the picture of Hunter!! Both were great. Thanks for sharing.

Chimboree- I swear one of the calendars you put out last week had me for tomorrow, the 12th. The one you posted today shows me for the 31st, my old date. I am getting this done tomorrow, the 12th!!

I had my appt with my dr today (I had to fly in from Phoenix to Denver like Marcy) and it went great. Everything has gone great here and I am heading to be soon to try to get a good nights sleep. I don't have to be there until noon for a 1pm appt time. I am very glad, as I am not a morning person!

As far as the cruise it does sound like fun. I have been on one before, to Mexico. It was the one that leaves from LA. It was a lot of fun. I am up for it, but wouldn't want to do August and deal with hurricanes. Maybe wait for September or October? That will give me time to lose the weight and get through any PS I might need. :) Keep me updated, I typically go to Hawaii every year in August, but you never know.

I am so glad that others have been doing pretty good. Oh, no pain medication??? I would not be happy!! Did the Dr tell you to take Advil? I thought we were not supposed to after being banded? I have a big bottle of vicodin ready for tomorrow if needed!!

I am off to bed. I will plan on posting tomorrow night after I get back to the hotel.

Jennifer

<p>Greetings July Bandsters:</p> <p>I've been very busy and haven't had the opportunity to either work on my journal or reply here to anyone. ....Or send out well wishes.. I've just read from page 82-125 to get myself caught up.</p> <p>Count me in for the cruise. Never been on one, but would love to go. I live on the east coast and I'd be concerned if we went too late in august or early sept. - hurricane season. Is Dini keeping the cruise list?

I started my preop diet on Sunday. It's a modest 1,000 calories a day. But one meal a day must be replaced with a Protein Shake. Got the chocolate Isopure from GNC. just okay. I bought it because it has 50g of Protein and either 3 or 5 grams of Carbs. and 220 calories.

Also, someone mentioned LEG CRAMPS. Me, too! So severe, they wake me up in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, I can't tell if it's from the Protein shake/the diet/ or the Metformin I started last week for the diabetes I was just diagnosed with.

Lynette: Your son is adorable.

Cherea: Thanks for the calendar. I pm'd you for the PPP.

Laurend: My weight for the week ending 7/7 was 242.

Lindaa,

I was able to shower yesterday (Weds.) morning. I was banded on Monday. Then sponge bath at the hospital on Tuesday. Removed bandages and showered Weds. Really not too bad! Good luck!

Wrangler,

They took my blood before my surgery also. They took for my doctor and also the Research Center. It wasn't a problem and usually I have problems. I never can go without drinking before bloodwork and my veins roll away and all, but I didn't have any problems. I wish you the best!

Icybreeze,

I am not allowed Advil, only Tylenol. Doc said forever. He said the other pain relievers will irritate the pouch.

Nichole,

Sorry you are having so much discomfort. I am actually feeling pretty well. Sore, bloated, and shoulder pain. Gassy and bowels are backed up, had my daughter run and get me a stool softener. Feeling better this morning. Hope things improve very soon for you! Keep me posted!

AppleBlossom,

I know what you mean about coming home! Doesn't matter how well you are treated at the hospital ... there's no place like home!!!! Especially to recover! Glad you are feeling well!

Hi everyone! I am proud to be a Lucky 7'er. July 25th is the big day for me.

I see there are 2 threads for us July Bandsters. I guess we all need to meet up in one of them.

Here's the link for the other one: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/july-2007-bandsters-35694/index2.html

I am so excited!

I too am a Lucky 7'er. Am scheduled for surgery on the 16th of July. With Dr. Olsen in Nashville, Tn.:nervous

Tinkerbell, that date change, just stinks!!!! That would have sooooo rattled me!!!! Hang in there!

Janie, Congratulations on your surgery date!

JenniferNaz, Good luck! It isn't so bad!

:faint:MsPris, leg cramps are the worse! I haven't gotten them since my surgery, but I have had them. They are soooo intense!!! I usually down a handful of calcium!!!! Seems to help! I also take potassium and magnesium.

:clap2:Finally, a big shout out to Chimboree for the wonderful powerpoint show!!!! Nicely done and quite motivating! I want to be on one NOW, lol!!!!!!!!

:)Oh, thought I was done, but have to acknowledge a few more ...

Lynette, Sounds like you are really booking along!!!! Good for you!!! May as well! Really isn't so bad, how 'bout it? I am glad it is over though! I hate thinking about stuff like this!!!!!!

:confused:Laurend, Where are you at? Haven't seen much from you lately!!!! Hope you are doing well and just soooooo busy that you don't have time to post!!!!

Dini, Babes! Anything new? Hope all is well and that you are still hanging in there! Seems like from what I have read that things have been a little better! So glad to hear it!!!! Keep us posted!:)