Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Dini,

Yes i have something that will definetly help you ....Reset at USANA.com. Get taht and the hepasil to help your liver. Friend that was banded on 5/28/07 started on Reset 2 weeks before banding,lost 11lbs. and is now at 34 lbs. with getting her fill last weeken7/7/07 let me know if I can help you. There are people in the UK that can help you.

Hey all.... well tomorrow's the big day, I'm so excited. I had a manicure and pedicure today, bought my Vitamins ,liquid tylenol, slip in sneakers and some egg drop Soup mix. Among other things I finally broke down, called and told my mother I was having the surgery. She said "well ,if that's your choice" and politely yelled across the room and told my father.... I'm like "whatever ma":tired, but after talking for a while she finally saw my point of view, I think.

Thank you all for the compliments on my waaaay oversized photo, I will be taking some before photos tonight,(not in the mirror:rolleyes:) I will take them once a month from here on out just to see for myself how I'm looking. I check into the hospital at 6am and I have to stay overnight, so I won't be back until Thursday. I'm so nervous, I hope everything goes well, I have a pretty high tolerence for pain, so I hope I can deal with it.

Thank you all for the well wishes and Good Luck to all being banded with me.

Well, I'm going to bed. I have a long day tomorrow. Pre-op at the hospital in VA (approx 2 hr drive) starts at 8am. I have to get up at 5am to get ready, so I can leave by 6am.

Blessings to everyone. Goodnight and sleep tight!

This evening was rough. I'm eating a fudge sickle in my room while I can smell aroma from the ravioli my hubby is eating. I'm fighting the urge to knock him out, take the ravioli and run.

I keep telling myself "You can do this." and I'm not allowing myself to cheat because if I cheat just once, i'm afraid I'll fall into the lie of "Another bite won't hurt you - then another - and another."

Honestly, I know Scott was trying to be supportive and encouraging to me but having him say "You can do it. It will be worth it." while chewing and eating his ravioli only made me want to accidentlly knock his bowl over and go upstairs.

I didn't sleep last night very well...even got Dr. K to give me a sleeping pill. This wasn't so bad though because this morning I was too tired to be nervous! The experience was pleasant. I don't have much pain at all and I've only had 1/2 dose of liq. Vicodin. I'll probably take a full dose before bed tonight. Really, I'm amazed at how well I feel! There were several people who were in and out before me, but there weren't any complications except for the fact that I was TIRED and sleeping so they decided to just let me be. I've slept a lot today and am looking forward to an AWAKE day tomorrow.

So...here's how the day went.

We overslept and ran out the door, got there just in tme (this happened yesterday too becaue of a delayed flight - the Lord is helping us). Pre-op was painless except for the IV. I was given a Dulolax the night before so clean out my intestines - this may explain why I have NO gas or gas pains. I remember falling asleep fast and waking up well. I was tired so they piled me with blankets and just let me sleep. Surgery was at 9am and we left at 2:30p. I've been sleeping a lot, but walking up and down the stairs everytime I wake - I'm so glad we're at a friends house instead of a motel. I DO have a little shoulder pain and I'm hoping it doesn't worsen...my sister said she'll give me a little massage later to knead out all the extra gas. (BTW this extra gas causes that referred pain.) All in all a good experience--WAY better than I was planning!:biggrin1:

I'm not going back to read ALL the posts I missed, but knowing some of our cheerleaders there were some well wishing posts and I'm thankful for that!

Now, off to the races! Oh, did I mention that I lost 14 lbs on my 2 week pre-op? I feel REALLY good about that!:whoo:

This evening was rough. I'm eating a fudge sickle in my room while I can smell aroma from the ravioli my hubby is eating. I'm fighting the urge to knock him out, take the ravioli and run.

I keep telling myself "You can do this." and I'm not allowing myself to cheat because if I cheat just once, i'm afraid I'll fall into the lie of "Another bite won't hurt you - then another - and another."

Honestly, I know Scott was trying to be supportive and encouraging to me but having him say "You can do it. It will be worth it." while chewing and eating his ravioli only made me want to accidentlly knock his bowl over and go upstairs.

I know exactly how you feel Wrangler, my fiance ate steak & eggs for dinner:mad:. I just went into my room and shut the door because I was dying to have just a small piece of that steak.

I didn't sleep last night very well...even got Dr. K to give me a sleeping pill. This wasn't so bad though because this morning I was too tired to be nervous! The experience was pleasant. I don't have much pain at all and I've only had 1/2 dose of liq. Vicodin. I'll probably take a full dose before bed tonight. Really, I'm amazed at how well I feel! There were several people who were in and out before me, but there weren't any complications except for the fact that I was TIRED and sleeping so they decided to just let me be. I've slept a lot today and am looking forward to an AWAKE day tomorrow.

So...here's how the day went.

We overslept and ran out the door, got there just in tme (this happened yesterday too becaue of a delayed flight - the Lord is helping us). Pre-op was painless except for the IV. I was given a Dulolax the night before so clean out my intestines - this may explain why I have NO gas or gas pains. I remember falling asleep fast and waking up well. I was tired so they piled me with blankets and just let me sleep. Surgery was at 9am and we left at 2:30p. I've been sleeping a lot, but walking up and down the stairs everytime I wake - I'm so glad we're at a friends house instead of a motel. I DO have a little shoulder pain and I'm hoping it doesn't worsen...my sister said she'll give me a little massage later to knead out all the extra gas. (BTW this extra gas causes that referred pain.) All in all a good experience--WAY better than I was planning!:biggrin1:

I'm not going back to read ALL the posts I missed, but knowing some of our cheerleaders there were some well wishing posts and I'm thankful for that!

Now, off to the races! Oh, did I mention that I lost 14 lbs on my 2 week pre-op? I feel REALLY good about that!:whoo:

Congrats marcy, I'm so happy for you that all went well. I hope my experience goes as well.

Cazulay, I would love, love, love to learn Spanish! I work w/a lady who's Portugese.

There is a series called "Destinos" by Van Patten on learning Spanish - it's a free video series I think on PBS web-site - you could probably do a search - there is a book to go along with, not sure of the cost of it. I am studying English for Speakers of Other Languages and my Linguistics teacher swears by Destinos.

Yes!!! I have a friend who had to be evacuated from a port in Mexico last year. Major headache and expensive too. As a matter of fact she ended up housing some brits for a while because there were no flights to Europe. Also, summer is very very hot so we might want to go at another time and avoid skin cancer :P

Hey! How about a cruise to Alaska?? You can get one out of Seattle for next summer for around $600-700. We've done it twice but I'd go again. Its beautiful.

Wow, You all have been busy today! By the time I finished reading all your post it 12:30 am and you are probally all in bed. So when you get up and on here again add my name to the cruise list. I have always wanted to go one one. My DH owes me one but I bet you all will be more fun. :whoo:Phyl, I think Alaska sounds great. My dad just got back from a mission trip up there. And his twin brother was there on a cruise at the same time. The pics are awsome. would love to go take my own!

I'm glad to see all you newly banded Lucky #7 are doing so well! I can hardly wait till my turn!

I'll be praying for all of you having it done in the next few days.

Well today was my 2nd day of my pre-op diet. I didn't do so well. Poor planing on my part. I was so hungry that I ate some nuts I had in the car, and then stopped and bought some egg drop Soup and chicken. Got home late and made myself a protien shake. Froze it and pretended it was icecream. It's a good thing I have 2 weeks left to lose the weight the Dr. wants me to lose cause I'm sure not takeing it off very fast at this rate.

On last thing before I sigh off and go to bed.....

What are bathroom tongs????

Goodnite all and God bless the Lucky #7's

Ah Destions! We watch it every week in my Spanish class. Yes, you can watch it online, but I need the closed captioning! Looking forward to practicing next week!

CeCe: Vivo en Wisconsin pero tenemos aqui muchos personas español. Soy enfemera y yo quiero hablar con las personas. Mis niños están en el universadad y yo tengo muchos tiempo ahora. ¿Y usted?

(For non spanish-speakers: What I think I am saying is that I live in Wisconsin and we have many spanish people here. I am a nurse and I want to learn to speak with the people. My kids are in college and I have a lot of time now. Then I asked about her.)

How do I private message so that I don't bore all of the rest of you with my feeble attempts to practice Spanish? I think it's realy rude to speak in a language that only a few people in the group understand!

Dini,

Yes i have something that will definetly help you ....Reset at USANA.com. Get taht and the hepasil to help your liver. Friend that was banded on 5/28/07 started on Reset 2 weeks before banding,lost 11lbs. and is now at 34 lbs. with getting her fill last weeken7/7/07 let me know if I can help you. There are people in the UK that can help you.

thanks for that CrydtalRhinions but what is it i've to get? there is so much on that web-site! i'm actually in Ireland not the Uk! hopefully they ship to ireland!! thanks for the advice :P

Good Morning everyone.

Marcy, great job on the 14 lbs before surgery. Wow, you'll be losing a lot more here soon too.

Getting ready to head out for while. My MIL is going to keep my son and I'm going shopping for a presend for my niece. Hope to have a great outdoor experience. I'll a little worried about lunch out because I won't make it back before then, but I plan on having Soup wherever I go, and I'm taking frozen Go Gurt for my snack, and bottles of Water to drink.

Anyway, I'll check back in later.

:)Hey, back!!!!! I got home around 1:30 yesterday, found out my new computer crashed and so went to bed and slept until around 4:00, didn't sleep at the hospital at all! By the nurses' station and too much light and commotion all night long! IT is nice to be home!

Haven't read the posts yet, very sore and not sure how long I want to sit here, but thought I would drop everyone a line!

Not as bad as I thought it would be, but I am having trouble with my nerves and anxiety. I had this after my thyroid surgery too, so I am thinking it may be from the anesthesia. Hope it doesn't last too long, because I feel like I will go out of my mind!!!!!:P

Lynette, Dini, Sunshine, Chimboree, Laurend, and anyone else who can do this, can update me on what I missed the last few days!!!!! I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to chatting again soon!

Not sure how much I will be on, because our old computer is soooo slow and not sure I want to be on hold all day and crawling around on the floor to try whatever fixes the help center might have for the computer. Hope to have it up and running very soon though. I am lost without it!!!