Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diet Cheating!

@@Aribay1 - I'm sorry you feel that way about the posts. I've read most of them and I honestly think most people were trying to help you with 'tough love', rather than insulting you. None of us is perfect - I'm sure most of us have our ups and downs and it sounds like you're back on track now - so well done. Hope it doesn't put you off posting - we are all here to support each other.

Of course, you are going to be judge on one post AND you ask for it. "Ugh be nice to me but tell me to stop! Or tell me I'm okay. I don't know this is annoying" The only way not to be judged on one post is not to post. Don't be angry because people are giving you advice that you aren't prepared to hear. I really hope that you will seek some help.

Of course, you are going to be judge on one post AND you ask for it. "Ugh be nice to me but tell me to stop! Or tell me I'm okay. I don't know this is annoying" The only way not to be judged on one post is not to post. Don't be angry because people are giving you advice that you aren't prepared to hear. I really hope that you will seek some help.

Yup just being a cry baby. Like you said I wasn't prepared for the truth.

I don't think anyone is implying that this is easy or that you thought it would be easy. But you asked a specific question - is this behavior okay? The specific answer is NO. We are being supportive - by telling you to get help. But apparently that is not the kind of support you want. I understand.

I know I sounded harsh, and may have even offended a few people by it, including you. What I took issue with is not the fact that you were "cheating", but the fact that you are only TWO WEEKS OUT and you are eating things that could harm your stomach and almost have a "Well yeah I'm eating this crap by dammit I need to do this" attitude. You have got to look at your new tummy like a baby's. You have to follow your plan in order for it to heal properly. Nobody is perfect, and I wasn't saying that. I'm just saying for goodness sake have enough self respect to take care of yourself the way you need to in order for this surgery to be successful. And eating sharp, crunchy stuff at 2 weeks out is not the way to do it. You seem very smart and spunky. I KNOW you can do this!

I know I sounded harsh, and may have even offended a few people by it, including you. What I took issue with is not the fact that you were "cheating", but the fact that you are only TWO WEEKS OUT and you are eating things that could harm your stomach and almost have a "Well yeah I'm eating this crap by dammit I need to do this" attitude. You have got to look at your new tummy like a baby's. You have to follow your plan in order for it to heal properly. Nobody is perfect, and I wasn't saying that. I'm just saying for goodness sake have enough self respect to take care of yourself the way you need to in order for this surgery to be successful. And eating sharp, crunchy stuff at 2 weeks out is not the way to do it. You seem very smart and spunky. I KNOW you can do this!

No its fine what you said if right but I'm sure everyone can relate in order to really succeed at this you NEED to love yourself and be willing to change for you. And I've been struggling with this. Everyone's like wow you look amazing but to me I'm still at 259lbs not 230lbs so I'm still in the state of mind where I look awful. But thank you for caring enough to appologize. I'm just sensitive =)

No its fine what you said if right but I'm sure everyone can relate in order to really succeed at this you NEED to love yourself and be willing to change for you. And I've been struggling with this. Everyone's like wow you look amazing but to me I'm still at 259lbs not 230lbs so I'm still in the state of mind where I look awful. But thank you for caring enough to appologize. I'm just sensitive =)

See. Smart and spunky :) Just look at this as one of the many bumps in the road on the journey ahead. Take care of yourself. You deserve it!

@@Aribay1 - Here is a thread for Buddies & Mentors. It might be a good place to get the support you need. Your post don't feel like you are being honest with yourself, much less the posters replying to them. You made one post implying you were vegetarian, yet you wanted a KFC bowl. You made another talking about the Nature's Box snack boxes. Now you are saying you are 2 weeks in but slipped 2 days. Yet when asked about this you appear to want to down play your actions.

Check out that thread and see if you can connect with someone. I wish you well.

1. I don't feel as though I am on a diet. I have made a lifestyle change regarding my diet and exercise and plan to stick with it.
  2. I don't feel like I'm "normal". Whether I had a food addiction, or laziness, or slow metabolism, etc., I had to change my ways. The surgery is a tool. I didn't go through the process to eat the same way I did before just in smaller amounts. I had the surgery as a stepping stone to reboot my life.
  3. I am no expert but I think WLS patients lose the most during the first 3 months, 6 months, 9 months so I am trying to get the "most bang for my buck" and stick to the plan. I mean that literally since I paid for the surgery myself.

Now that's not to say that I haven't gone out and had a small (I mean really small!!) piece of pizza, or a cocktail ( I know, we are not supposed to have alcohol within the first year but I figured one vodka and water- no high sugar mixes- wouldn't hurt). I read all of my food labels and rarely go out to eat anymore. The savings in my pocketbook is a huge bonus too!

Best of luck!!

@@Aribay1 - Here is a thread for Buddies & Mentors. It might be a good place to get the support you need. Your post don't feel like you are being honest with yourself, much less the posters replying to them. You made one post implying you were vegetarian, yet you wanted a KFC bowl. You made another talking about the Nature's Box snack boxes. Now you are saying you are 2 weeks in but slipped 2 days. Yet when asked about this you appear to want to down play your actions.

Check out that thread and see if you can connect with someone. I wish you well.

Maybe your right but in the same kFC post I said my NUT doesn't think I should be a vegetarian so soon. And also I said although I was a vegetarian I craved meat from time to time

There really is no easy way to say that you are basically reverting back to the habits that got you to needing the surgery in the first place. I'm 4 days out and completely conscious of the fact that this is a life style change. That I need this to live a longer and healthier life. I'm still healing and it is a process. No it will not be easy but yes it will be worth it. I will never do anything to damage all the hard work it took to get me here. All that junk will be there in the future. If I still want it. Goal is, I won't. You are fooling only yourself and unfortunate will only hurt yourself. I agree with everyone here and definitely think you should speak to your nutritionist. 2 weeks does not sheltered make. For your entire life's health, I think it's more than worth it, and you should too. Be blessed and stay strong but most importantly ... On track.

I hear everything everyone is saying trust me. What I mean. By normal is I didn't meal prep the last 2 days so Popeyes was in between classes. Like I said the chips ARE NOT high in carbs or fat or sugar my concern with them is that it's not puree. And by normal I mean I've been out of work for 2 weeks and I'm going insane I want my NORMAL social life back. I went out today and I wasn't able to get in my Water so I was just confused with how me and my sleeve will be once I return to all social activities

I don't know why you are trying to rationalize the fact that you are eating foods you should not. As many have stated, you can do severe damage to your sleeve. I also encourage you to get therapy. Why in the world would you put yourself through surgery if you are resuming your bad eating habits?

you and us are only human, you took the step of asking for help. that's a great thing. know this, I have faith in you and so do people her, even if some don't show it well. But if they didn't care they wouldn't bother. SO We know you can do this, and your next day is the first day you have a chance to help yourself. You can and will do this and make it happen.

you and us are only human, you took the step of asking for help. that's a great thing. know this, I have faith in you and so do people her, even if some don't show it well. But if they didn't care they wouldn't bother. SO We know you can do this, and your next day is the first day you have a chance to help yourself. You can and will do this and make it happen.

Thank you for your kind words. As I said in another comment I did my meal prep for the week and I'm back on track today was better. I'm experiencing a lot of head hunger but I just start doing school work or something.

Only I know what's really going on so I need to help myself.