Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diet Cheating!

Ditto to what everyone is saying, just because what you are choosing to eat isn't "bad" for you, it's still an addiction. When you can't stop yourself from doing something, it is an addiction. And to not care about your own health and safety by doing it makes it even worse. Everything you consume should be about Protein and Water at this point. If it's not, then your body is suffering. Sounds like you are coddling your head right now, not your body. It should be the other way around. This is a lifetime process, and you can't even make a 2 week commitment. Makes me worry for your long term health and success.

You reached out for help, so I think you should seriously consider taking some of the advice offered. Healing and eating healthy and learning new habits should be your focus right now, not satisfying a crunch craving or trying to have a "normal" social life. Slow down, talk to a counselor, and take this process seriously, or surgery will just end up being an expensive waste of time.

So just because you don't feel pain doesn't mean it's OK. You could be damaging your sleeve. Our doctors give us a post-op plan for a reason and those directions should be followed.

I also think you need to figure out why you're "cheating" - it doesn't matter what you call it (food addiction, eating disorder, cheating, whatever), you're doing something you shouldn't. Cheating is throwing this opportunity you've been give out the window.

You want to be "normal"? Sweetie, you're going to have to find your new normal. And, in the beginning, it's a huge sacrifice so you can eventually get to relatively normal. Even a year out, I don't eat some of the things you're eating now because it's not the right thing to do.

So im,2 weeks out on the puree diet and can no longer hold the secret but I'm cheating I eat plantain chips and corn with flax seeds chips and chunky Peanut Butter. I eat meats that aren't canned and I had Popeyes mashed potatoes. I know I should not have Crunchies but honestly I'm not going to lie I'm sick of this "sheltered" life I just want to be "normal". I don't feel pain with my sleeve and I even snack which isn't in my diet plan at this point. (The chips I'm eating aren't high in fat or sugar or carbs)

Ugh be nice to me but tell me to stop! Or tell me I'm okay. I don't know this is annoying

Personally. I think you are just asking for trouble. And trust me...you don't want it! If you tear even one of those stitches you are in for a heap load of pain and anguish.

I think you know better but want to push the limits to see just how far you can go. Don't do that for your health and families sake.

Get back on track and allow your sleeve to heal. You are addicted to food otherwise you would not be taking such chances with your life. Think about what you are willing to suffer if you keep this up.

The sleeve is not a miracle it is a tool to be used to get your head together and fix how you view food and the reasons why you abuse yourself.

Your being self destructive. You need to figure it out. Get some help and stop the self abuse now! okay!

I don't think you need someone to tell you to stop. You already said it yourself, and you know what to do. I don't think this is about not knowing what it could do to you. I think this is about commitment.

The nicest thing I can say to you is this: In order to succeed, we all have to commit to a new life style. If you can't commit, make the needed changes, and make the right choices according to the plan your physician gave you, then you are not committed to losing the weight and becoming "normal". The nice thing about this is that it's YOUR choice. You are in charge, not a victim of WLS.

I'm sorry but I'm going to say something kind if blunt. I see people on these boards who want this surgery so badly, but either can't get their surgery covered by insurance or can't afford it. How DARE you squander this wonderful, often life saving gift that was given to you by continuing to make bad food choices and choosing to not follow program. It is apparent you were not ready for the drastic life change this surgery requires, and I find that very sad. Sad for you, but mostly sad for the people who want this surgery so desperately and would do really well with it if given the chance.

Thanks everyone for the tough love I meal preped this morning for 7 days and I go back to work tomorrow so I'll be away from the kitchen. If I see myself fall off I'll read all these comments because a lot of them honestly made me cry and upset but in a good way? But I'll seek help once I know the problem is beyond the 2 days I chose to do what I wasn't suppose to.

And to those bashing me based on one snippit of my struggle that's fine. Like someone said I know what I was doing is wrong I just needed the reassurance from a bunch of people I don't know to tell me I'm fucking up.

Your all right no more excuses. If Noone else has had a day or two where they fucked up then I'm sorry I insulted you all.

I'm sorry but I'm going to say something kind if blunt. I see people on these boards who want this surgery so badly, but either can't get their surgery covered by insurance or can't afford it. How DARE you squander this wonderful, often life saving gift that was given to you by continuing to make bad food choices and choosing to not follow program. It is apparent you were not ready for the drastic life change this surgery requires, and I find that very sad. Sad for you, but mostly sad for the people who want this surgery so desperately and would do really well with it if given the chance.

Yeah I struggled to get it to so I know the struggle. I'm not perfect I fell off for 2 days and I'm getting my life together. Thanks for the time.

Girl! You need to stop! Just Stop! You really could hurt yourself if you don't get it together. I have read a lot of your post from the beginning (as I do most). From cheating on your pre-op to now. I won't lecture you because you know what your doing is Not right now you need to seriously think about why you continue to do it. I was thinking about your nature box post yesterday , are you eating that now? We get nature box also, I got it was before this surgery and there is NOTHING in that box you should be eating right now. Almost all of it is hard. Your stomach is not even remotely close to being Ready to eat hard nuts ect...you know that! I know you know that and if you don't you need to book an appointment with your NUT asap! I hope you don't think people are Being mean here but you can understand why some would be aggravated reading this after the struggle to have the surgery. It looks like your not taking any of it seriously or you were just really not prepared for this. Either way it's your life. I hope you figure it all out . I don't think it has anything to do with your post-op instructions because you told us what your Post-op diet is suppose to be word for word in a post before so it's not a lack of instructions. I hope you find your way and more than anything I hope we don't read a post a couple months from now about how the surgery "failed" you and you didn't lose the weight! You can do this if you would just dig out that willpower that I KNOW you have! Good luck! Next post....you got your sh@t together and you lost 10 lbs! Yay!!!!!

Thanks, Alex! I hope this really takes off - what a great idea, and done so quickly! What's your secret?

biggrin.gif

Yeah that's what it is I'm cheating on I wanted to try it but I put it out of sight (out of mind). So no more nature box it'll still be there when I can have it. I mainly wrote this because I did loose another 5lbs so I'm like I need to really get this shit together so yeah I'm good. And I never cheated on pre op diet I just thought about it. 2 days worth of damage is done. And I'm back on track. food good. I made sure my Water bottle is filled and I brought crystal light if I get sick of it. My Protein shakes are good to go and my meal prep is set. I want to loose what I have left before I hit ONEderland by new years so I'm trying I'm even at the gym now. I can't lift but there's other stuff I'm comfy doing.

Thanks I enjoyed your comment

Glad you're back on top of this. :) Good for you.

As I'm sure you've read many times here, this journey is more about the mental, psychological and spiritual changes we are able to make than the physical changes we made in removing 85% of our stomachs.

I sometimes think that the older one is and the more one has learned about how NOT to care for oneself, from repeated failures at self care and self love, the greater advantage one has in this WLS journey.

After reading these boards for longer than a year, I've come to see that those who are long-term WLS successes are those who understand at a very core level that they must care for themselves FEROCIOUSLY -- because no one else can.

There you go now thats better! Man up! Or woman up! Or whatever it is they say lol!!!

Yeah that's what it is I'm cheating on I wanted to try it but I put it out of sight (out of mind). So no more nature box it'll still be there when I can have it. I mainly wrote this because I did loose another 5lbs so I'm like I need to really get this **** together so yeah I'm good. And I never cheated on pre op diet I just thought about it. 2 days worth of damage is done. And I'm back on track. food good. I made sure my Water bottle is filled and I brought crystal light if I get sick of it. My Protein shakes are good to go and my meal prep is set. I want to loose what I have left before I hit ONEderland by new years so I'm trying I'm even at the gym now. I can't lift but there's other stuff I'm comfy doing.

Thanks I enjoyed your comment

Good for you - put verbs in your sentences...I will eat what is on my plan today. I will drink my Water today. I will work towards getting my Protein minimums in.

No one is perfect - we all do the best we can. So today, do better than yesterday. Tomorrow, do better than today.

Remember - follow your doctors plan. Plan ahead, so those old habits have a harder time coming back in your life.

Good for you - put verbs in your sentences...I will eat what is on my plan today. I will drink my Water today. I will work towards getting my Protein minimums in.

No one is perfect - we all do the best we can. So today, do better than yesterday. Tomorrow, do better than today.

Remember - follow your doctors plan. Plan ahead, so those old habits have a harder time coming back in your life.

Don't get me wrong I drank and ate everything I'm suppose to but I added things that shouldn't have been. I carry my own bottle of Water which sucks because my bag is so heavy haha. But yeah! Time to worry about myself and reach my ONEderland goal

Frankly, you have an answer for everyone for why your behavior is okay. I am curious why did you post if you are not prepared to even consider that you may have a problem. Are you just looking for someone to tell you that it is okay?

Please listen to the advice that people are giving you. You may be to close to see what your behavior looks like -- but from a distance -- it looks the behavior of someone with some serious eating problems that might be helped by counseling.

Frankly, you have an answer for everyone for why your behavior is okay. I am curious why did you post if you are not prepared to even consider that you may have a problem. Are you just looking for someone to tell you that it is okay?

Please listen to the advice that people are giving you. You may be to close to see what your behavior looks like -- but from a distance -- it looks the behavior of someone with some serious eating problems that might be helped by counseling.

It's not that I have an answer to why I'm right but maybe I made it seem like this has been going on for days or a week but it happened 2 days and I'm not sitting at home only eating bad things it was two things and no matter how I say I don't think it's a eating problem it's a metal break down I had. And I just don't like being judged on one post. No one's asked how I've been doing besides that Noone knows that I work out and I meet all my Water and Protein and calorie requirements. And maybe I'm being sensitive but that's how I am I've been over weight my entire life I have thin skin and all these comments to me seem like hate and attacks so I'm trying to let everyone know yes I cheated yes I know it's bad yes I read everyone's comments and yes I fixed the issue and yes I did everything I'm suppose to I'm mentaly prepared for the rest of the week and removed all the negativity that caused me to.

I thought people would understand the struggle and encourge me by saying stop your hurting yourself and it'll get easier but instead I feel like I've been insulted and made seem like I'm one of those people who thought this would be an easy fix. NOTHING ABOUT THIS HAS BEEN EASY and I thought my bariatric community would understand and boy was I wrong. I didn't want to deal with this alone because not everyone knows I had the surgery.

But thanks.