Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before and after pictures

Wondering what I will look like naked when the weight is gone, and want to see under what conditions people choose plastic surgery. I'm sure others are in the same situation. Also, good chance to show off your new hot body!~

I just had a Tummy Tuck about three and a half weeks ago. How long was it before you felt like all of your swelling was gone? The only place I really think I have much swelling is right above my incision that is directly over my pubic area. It seems to protrude out a little when I stand sideways and look in the mirror. My skin feels tight when I touch it and the skin is also somewhat "shiny". I hope that this is all due to swelling. I am just hoping to find someone else who had a tummy tuck and see if they experienced anything similar.

Thanks!

Swelling at 3.5 weeks post op is very normal, and expected. It can take months for swelling to go down. Some surgeons will tell you that it can take a full year for the swelling to go down 100%, and the full result to be seen.

The skin feels tight due to the fact that you most likely were pulled very tight during the surgery, then add the swelling and you get the tighter than tight feeling. The shiny look is just a part of that. Again totally normal, and almost expected.

Sam.

I had my TT 3 weeks ago today. BaWilliams I have the same things going on as you do. my lower stomach feels numb. But I know that will go away as time passes.

Pacomomma, today is 6 weeks from my tt and lower body lift. I only have one small scab left on my incisions and all of my dissolvable stitches have come off. I had four places on my left hip and three places on my right hip where the stitches were sticking out. I am glad they finally fell off. I think the binder garment thing I have to wear helped them come off by rubbing on them a little. How long is your doc making you wear your garment? Anyway, my stomach still feels very hard all around my belly button and on down at night after eating, but that lessens by morning. I guess it is still sort of hard all the time, just more at night after eating. I don't know if or when that will go away. I feel like my surgery was so long ago, but six weeks isn't really that long. We shall see how things progress! I am going to the river with my family on June 28th. I am taking two bikinis! I will be wearing board shorts over the bottoms because I still have meaty thighs, but that's okay! That's just the way I am made and I can accept that! I will try to post some pictures after we get back if I can figure out how. Keep us updated on your progress! Oh yeah! There is a great show on TLC on Monday nights called Big Medicine. It comes on at eight. It's about bypass patients and it shows their lower body lifts and plastic surgeries. I love it!