Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Actigall is it really necessary

my doctor prescribed actigall and I'm wondering if it's really necessary.

I have had my gall bladder removed. The pain from the attacks was so bad that I was ready to cut that sucker out myself. So if it helps prevent gall stones, I would say take it. Gall bladder attacks is the worst pain I have ever endured.

OMG the pain......I agree.

My doctor refused to remove my healthy gallbladder during the sleeve surgery. ....I asked her to, but she stated insurance would not pay for it. I also asked her to put me on Actigall and she refused, stating I didn't need it and it was mainly for bypass patients. If I get an attack, I will be pissed off and would find another surgeon if I needed surgery. I was psyched about my surgeon in the beginning, but has since "fallen out of love" with her. I feel she is only interested in the results her "procedure" brings, and not in the process of the actual journey I'm on to get the results. At my three month visit I realized I just didn't like her. Sad face..... sorry for the mini rant.

My doctor didn't take my gall bladder and didn't give me the meds. We never even discussed the meds (although I did ask him to take the gall bladder out).

Time will tell if it was the right decision.

Cracking up about falling out of love with your doc! Been there!

Was on actigall but couldn't handle it. Disagreed with me very badly.

Gave me tons of acid reflux

@Kitt3000. I know I sound like a brat saying that, but it's how I really feel. I realized she is not at all interested in my daily struggle to lose this weigh. She comes into the room and goes directly to the computer to see the weight recorded by the nurse, then doesn't try to hide her disappointment that I have not lost enough. Really? I will complete my year with her, then I'm done!

Finediva what procedure did you have done?

..my aziz hehehebn

Finediva what procedure did you have done?

the sleeve

Geez this is so aggravating to see I was thinking of asking my surgeon to just remove my gallbladder too When I get sleeved I don't see any reason to have to have yet another surgery and more pain time off work etc I was told by an attorney that drs are by law not allowed to remove organs that are not diseased or damaged I don't know how true this is but perhaps this is why insurance company's won't pay for it and why drs aren't doing it

my doctor prescribed actigall and I'm wondering if it's really necessary.

No it is not always necessary nor does it always work. My surgeon did not prescribe it and I have never had a gallbladder attack.

Geez this is so aggravating to see I was thinking of asking my surgeon to just remove my gallbladder too When I get sleeved I don't see any reason to have to have yet another surgery and more pain time off work etc I was told by an attorney that drs are by law not allowed to remove organs that are not diseased or damaged I don't know how true this is but perhaps this is why insurance company's won't pay for it and why drs aren't doing it

It's medically unethical in addition to violating their hospital admission privilesdges