Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved the 30 and today is the 2 so day 4 or day 3?

Anyway I don't want to call the doctor for this so I just was wondering should I be poopping already. I mean it's like Water but still.

I'm not going to say sorry for the graphic post because we've all been there =)

Your body will do what it needs to do when it needs to do. So unless you are having bloody stools or having a lot of pain with it, I would have to assume it's ok to poop. Keep us posted.

P.S. If you have questions or concerns, nothing is TMI on here. LOL

So all of my paperwork says that day 1 is the day you wake up in your own bed, so I am thinking that today is 2...I'm doing pretty good I think...I haven't pooped anything, and I can't get the milk of magnesia down my throat. It's disgusting! I have not been sick, and I have been drinking between 20 - 28 oz of liquid (knock wood). I know I need to increase it, and I'm working on that...sonic ice is a lifesaver! The worst part so far is finding a comfortable sleeping position. I'm sending my husband to find a corset of sorts that will help keep my belly from moving so much. It seems that everytime I turn over, my insides slosh around! I had a corset when I had my hysterectomy and it really helped. Has anyone else ever used one after GS?

I think it's a good thing that you're pooping! It shows your GI tract is functioning well despite the changes to your stomach. I wish it were the same for me! Are you on Clear Liquids or full liquids?

I think it's a good thing that you're pooping! It shows your GI tract is functioning well despite the changes to your stomach. I wish it were the same for me! Are you on clear liquids or full liquids?

I'm on clear liquids

Water ice

Water

chicken broth

Jello

sugar free no carbonation

I'm mainly doing some Jello but I'm mainly doing water with crystal lite it's so much easier because I have it in a bottle next to me.

I wonder if it's bad to just stick to one clear liquid rather than others? I guess as long as I'm hydrated?

I guess it's ok I was sleeved on Halloween and I went for the first time today! It was weird but expected according to my sleeve manual!

I was sleeved on the 30th - no poop at all. I can only assume my body has nothing to poop. I had clear liquids for 2 days pre-op. and haven't had any food. I did have 1/2 cup of Soup today. We shall see.

I didn't poop until day 6 -- but it was clear that I was on a liquid diet... It wasn't until day 10 that I pooped anything to write home about :) on day 6 I did get started on my Smooth Move tea and benefiber so I'm sure that helped! I'm on wk 3 and not as regular as I used to be-- I think I also need to be getting in some more liquids which the NUT said would help

I was sleeved on the 30th also and was told to take Mirolax everyday in my Protein drink. I was able to go yesterday with no problems but will only take 1/2 tsp. once a day. The Iron you are taking, along with different Vitamins and medications can cause Constipation. Plus we are all probably not getting enough fluids to keep our systems regulated normally.

ok...the eagle has landed! So to speak...I have my first post-op appt. today, and my body finally decided that it would let go of the ick it has been harboring in my bowels. Small as it was, I finally pooped!!!! My 8 year old said it was like I was potty training again! Small things to rejoice about after a long 5 days. I am not a week out yet (thursday), but according to my scales I lost 9 pounds, so I guess that is reason enough to Celebrate. Is it strange to be craving anything that I can chew? Up until now I have lived on Water, crystal light, chicken broth, and healthy choice Tomato Soup. I am dying for something that actually has substance! I am hoping the doc will let me move on to purees, but I'm not counting on it. I am knocking wood right now because as of today I have not had one problem with being nauseated or having things come back up! I return to work tomorrow and feel pretty good. Let's see how I am after facing 6 classes of 7th graders! Hope everyone is doing well...more to come!

@@ltaehschneider good luck going back to work.

I never thought I would share this but today is 5 days post op and I pooped! (this feels like TMI)

ok...the eagle has landed! So to speak...I have my first post-op appt. today, and my body finally decided that it would let go of the ick it has been harboring in my bowels. Small as it was, I finally pooped!!!! My 8 year old said it was like I was potty training again! Small things to rejoice about after a long 5 days. I am not a week out yet (thursday), but according to my scales I lost 9 pounds, so I guess that is reason enough to Celebrate. Is it strange to be craving anything that I can chew? Up until now I have lived on Water, crystal light, chicken broth, and healthy choice Tomato Soup. I am dying for something that actually has substance! I am hoping the doc will let me move on to purees, but I'm not counting on it. I am knocking wood right now because as of today I have not had one problem with being nauseated or having things come back up! I return to work tomorrow and feel pretty good. Let's see how I am after facing 6 classes of 7th graders! Hope everyone is doing well...more to come!

I'm craving chewable foods too! I have my post op appt. Today too so I'm hoping I can do puree! How long is everyone else's puree diet? December 3 I start soft foods so I'm counting down

My doc said it was okay to use any over the counter medicine except Advil and Aleve. Especially relevant for Constipation. I took dulcolax pills on the second day home and they worked accordingly. Two days later I did it on my own. Surgery was only 6 days ago, on a full liquid diet, but still have stuff that needs to come out.