Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all October 2014 sleevers.

No you are not a wimp???? Those first few days were rough for me too. The day after surgery I had to go to the ER because I couldn't stop throwing up. Every person is different. I am prone to nausea so that is my main issue. On my way to my two week check up yesterday I started throwing up in the car! Gotta love that???? I also threw up on Wednesday. Come to find out my stomach decided it didn't like my Multi Vitamins. The doctor said to stop taking them for now. I also cannot tolerate thicker liquids like cream of chicken Soup or cream of potato soup so I have to stay on Clear Liquids for another five days then try them again. It's all still worth it????

Hi everyone, I'm doing ok. Not getting all my fluids in but not because it hurts or anything just don't feel like drinking and so I forget. Thinking I will go back to work on Monday. Don't want to get used to being home. My kids are liking it too much. My f/u is Thursday and waiting anxiously to advance diet. 4 weeks of liquids is getting to me.

Thanks TexasMom5! So sorry you have had so much trouble, throwing up is never fun. ???? I don't think I'm drinking enough or walking enough, so I'm working on both of those the next few days. Hope you're on to puréed foods soon!

PS I think the creamed Soups sound gross, but homemade potato Soup thinned out might be an option next week! Thanks!

Edited by JFizz21

I feel kinda drained to be honest.. I spent two nights in the hospital with this incredible nausea, but am doing much better now. Still feeling weak but at least I'm less nauseous. I wish I could do some kind of full liquid diet. I'm currently on clears... and it's getting old fast. Hope everyone is feeling better! PS: Is anyone having difficulty peeing? I don't feel the urge to drink either like others, so at this point I'm just kinda forcing myself.

Not peeing is not good. Means you are still dehydrated. Have you tried some Gatorade like G2 at least it has flavor. Or suck on some sugar free pops. You need fluids!!!!!!

Ahh, I think I may have explained this incorrectly -- after getting sleeved I feel no urge to peee or sensation of my bladder feeling full for some reason... I'm not sure if it's related to mt On-Q pump which is numbing everything up or if it's something more serious. I am peeing, but I practically have to force it out.

Was sleeved on the 28th and doing pretty good so far! Lost about 9 pounds so far which I am happy about! The burping I never thought about though. It seems like I'm always burping now!

That could be although I've be sipping so I have no clue

Ahh, I think I may have explained this incorrectly -- after getting sleeved I feel no urge to peee or sensation of my bladder feeling full for some reason... I'm not sure if it's related to mt On-Q pump which is numbing everything up or if it's something more serious. I am peeing, but I practically have to force it out.

I had difficulty in peeing at first but I did have the urge to pee but my muscles would not allow it. Apparently its something to do with the type of anaesthetic given which slows down the responses to the bladder. I walked a lot 2 hours after surgery which helped a great deal. I also found when I don't drink enough Water and don't go to toilet (loo).

Good evening everyone. I was sleeved on October 20, 2014. I start my day out everyday THANKING God for another chance and an opportunity. I started this journey at 248 pounds. The day of my surgery, I weighed 237. As of today, I am at 225. I am able to tolerate unsweetened apple sauce and yogurt, I love the sugar free popsicles. Sometimes its hard for me to drink Water, so I sometimes substitute Gatorade.

This journey is one of the hardest things that I've ever done in my life, its a daily struggle and I am grateful for another chance and most of all I am NO LONGER on blood pressure medication, after taking it for 10 years...................

It is my constant prayer that each and everyday gets easier for all of us.

My name is Rev I'm from India. I was sleeved on October 29 2014.
I weighed 210 b4 pre op
I weighed 213 day of surgery
I currently weigh 202.

My goal weight 110.
How are you doing?

Clear liquid diet is killing me. Feel tired through out the day. Cant wait to start on the purred food.

Please suggest how to overcome the tiredness. my diet looks like -

6 am - Apple juice

8 am - watermelon juice

10 am - clear veg boiled Water with pinch of salt and oregano

12 pm - Sweet lime juice

02 pm - Apple Juice

04 pm - watermelon juice

06 pm - clear veg Soup

08 pm - watermelon juice

All this is only 1.6oz only.