Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Dates Anyone? Let's Connect!

HI all! I am scheduled for RNY on November 10th. Also large hiatal hernia repair. It's nice to know others will be in the same boat at the same time and we can cheer each other on. Feel free to add me as a friend. :-)

It took so long to get to this point and now that I am only 2 weeks away, it's a bit scary! For so long, I couldn't wait to do this, but it definitely is making me nervous. I am trying to focus on all the positives such as how much healthier I will be, how great it will be to be able to do things again that I haven't been able to because of my weight, how fun it will be to buy clothes that actually look good on me, and how wonderful it will be to be comfortable in my own skin again! I can't wait to no longer be the fattest person in the room and have people never really know the "real me" because it is buried under 150 excess pounds.

So, whatever the next few weeks brings, I am ready for. Bring it on!

Yikes, My pre-op appointment is this Tuesday. I'm really nervous. I have to start my liquid diet that day too.

On top of it all I've got my 98 yr. old father-in-law coming into town for a final visit with the grandkids and great grandkids as he's terminal and if afraid he'll be gone before they can get up north to visit him during the holidays. He'll need a great deal of help while he's here, and being his caregiver all week will be a challenge. My mom has alzheimer's and is in an assisted living now, and gets very agitated when she doesn't see me just about everyday. It should be an interesting week. I hope i get through it while trying to prepare for my surgery.

My surgery is November 4th. At first I was so excited but now I'm kind of a nervous wreck!! I can use support and would like to do the same for others. Best of luck to all!

Last preop is this Thursday. Surgery will be within 30 days of that so it's finally happening! Yay!

November 21 for me. Emotions are going a little crazy as the days dwindle down.

Nicole...which hospital are going using in Columbus? I'm going to OSU. I went to the mandatory meeting, have my dr referral, and did the psychological evaluation last week. I have the nutrition and medical appts set up for the 19th.

I'm with Riverside. Their program has been SUPER supportive. I love it there. I'm sure OSU's program is just a good! :) I have two friends going through this journey too' you ever need support, let me know! :) Also, the support groups at Riverside are open to anyone, even if you have had or are having surgery elsewhere. Congrats on your journey!!!

Hi guys. My name is Anne. I'm from Brisbane Australia my surgery is scheduled for 5 November Im excited and scared to death at the same time

I am so excited to have found this site and to have found so many potential new friends I look forward the support and sharing our journey together

Sick and tired of yo yo dieting I have colesterol, arthritis aches and pains and I feel defeated I know there is so much more to life i want to stop hiding and start participating in life. I wan to enjoy activities with my grandchildren I want to be able to travel comfortably with my husband and see the world as we have planed...the time has come!!

Good luck everyone x

Hey Everyone!

I was approved today for gastric bypass surgery!! My surgery date is Nov. 21st. Pre-op appt. is Nov. 10th. Only a one week clear liquid diet. I'm nervous (about quitting smoking like right now, cutting out caffeine and eating healthier) Let's connect!!!! I'm excited. Phoenix Arizona here...I'll post before and during pictures soon. For now, I've just posted a before which is from last year so technically I'm smaller in this picture than I currently am.

Hi. My surgery is on Nov. 11 and I know what you're talking about first hand when it comes to quitting smoking and giving up the caffeine. My surgeon told me in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't even touch me unless I was smoke free for at least 2 months before surgery. I quit (pack a day) cold turkey on Aug. 25. It was hard, but I did it. I chewed a lot of gum and yes I ate...... I got off the coffee by mixing my regular coffee with Decaf in fractional amounts over a month so by the end of the month I was drinking only decaf. That helped with not getting the headaches.

I was pretty proud of the fact that I did both things that were really hard for me to do in order to get ready for my surgery. The only problem is that while trying to quit smoking i gained 8 lbs over that 2 month period. I had my pre-op appointment today and nearly left in tears...... The nurse was very supportive and made me feel good about the fact that I had accomplished 2 big goals in spite of gaining a few pounds. She said that most people gain weight when they quit smoking whether they are overweight to start with or not.

When my doctor came in he made me feel like crap. I was surprised at how brutal he was with me. There was nothing good said about the fact that I had managed to quit smoking and was off the coffee, but instead he climbed all over me for the 8 lbs. and the fact that I hadn't been exercising 1 hr. everyday. I told him that I was trying to walk some each day, but that right now I have too much pain in my knees and ankles. I told him that I realized how important the exercise was, and that I fully intended to build up what I did each day. he still fussed at me and asked me why I hadn't been going to an indoor pool to do aerobics or swim. I told him I planned on joining our local athletic club right after my surgery so that I could take advantage of the cycles, machines, pool etc. and he asked me why I hadn't already joined and started going. I was so stunned I didn't know what to say, but the truth is that with all the other expenses right now it just wasn't something I could do until next month. At that point he actually told me that if I didn't loose weight before my surgery he would make me postpone it. I started my 2 week pre-op diet today, which was the only weight loss I was told I was supposed to do in prep for the surgery. Now I'm scared to death that if I don't knock off the 8 lbs. I won't be able to have the surgery even after all I've gone through to get to this point. I'm so frustrated and depressed I don't know what to do.

Has anyone else been in this position?????

@@Dabliss111114, let's keep in touch. I have no support system right now and my surgery is Nov. 21.

For sure.... I added you as a friend. We can IM back and forth anytime.

Hi there, my name is Nicole from South Dakota and I am being banded on November 12th!!