Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 5th is my Date!

Got the call this morning!

I been waiting for this approval and date, seems like forever!!

But it's set. I'm so happy and I cannot wait for my journey to begin.

It's been so hard, and I wanna thank all of you that have been so supportive.

This site was the best thing for getting me thru the last few months.

1-5-15!!!!! YAY!!

Amazing, congratulations!!!

Thank you!! I'm freaking out with excitement!! :)

That would be awesome! Need a surgery buddy!

Jan 5th is my husbands birthday.

It was that or the end of the month! So I chose the 5th. Haha!

Have to do whatcha gotta dooo!!

I could have had a date in December but, with my job, it's not an option.

Covering the shifts around Xmas are so difficult, I don't have kids, I always cover the holidays, and in the medical field so we only shut down for the "Holliday" so my warm and fuzzy boss says that jan 5 date.

What's a few more weeks!!

Jskallsldkjcksl!!!!!!

????excitement!!!! ????????

KSTUZ- I also work in a medical environment. I work at the hospital in my town. I work in the communications department and my department works 24/7 so we always need holiday coverage. January is easier to get coverage for my time off. Where are you located?

Congrats on your scheduled date! I have my first information meeting on Wednesday night. I have already decided that I am going to have the sleeve and hope I can have it in January. How long and what process have you had to go through to get approved for the surgery in January?

KSTUZ- I also work in a medical environment. I work at the hospital in my town. I work in the communications department and my department works 24/7 so we always need holiday coverage. January is easier to get coverage for my time off. Where are you located?

Yeah exactly:)

I'm right outside of philadelphia, pa

Congrats on your scheduled date! I have my first information meeting on Wednesday night. I have already decided that I am going to have the sleeve and hope I can have it in January. How long and what process have you had to go through to get approved for the surgery in January?

Congrats on getting started!!

I have Aetna, so they require a 3 month nutrition and diet program.

I had a little bit of probs cause, long story, my husband had a heart attack and triple bypass at age 37 back in feb/March. I had a net gain during those 3 months. Aetna states U cannot have a net gain. And I had no weight for 2013.

So I was denied. :( (July)

Then i appealed - denied again. (Aug)

I hired Lindstrom obesity advocacy

(They were EXCELLENT!!)

And was approved Oct 3rd!!!

I started my first meeting was January 7th 2013.

And my surgery is set for 2 days before!!!

I'm so happy and even tho it took a while, it was worth it.

The denial definitely hit me hard and the next denial was even worse. But it lit a fire in me that I wanted this and I had to get real serious whether or not this was for me.

And it is!!! The denials made me get my head together and with lots of family and friends support I have fought thru and here I am!!!!

So the whole process took me a year, a friend of mine, who I went thru the whole process with, was sleeved on aug 11th. So I am only a little behind.

Now is my time!! :)

Any questions let me know and good luck!! Keep in touch!

Congrats! I am scheduled for Jan. 15! I also work at a hospital in Tennessee. I also have AETNA and was a 1st try approval (I have Type II diabetes). I am excited, but so nervous!!!

I am so excited for you girl!!! :) Hopefully, I'll get a Feb/March date!!

Congrats! I am scheduled for Jan. 15! I also work at a hospital in Tennessee. I also have AETNA and was a 1st try approval (I have Type II diabetes). I am excited, but so nervous!!!

10 days apart!! We will keep in touch!

Yay I'm pumped!