Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you went to mexico for your gastric sleeve surgery, who was your doctor and how much did it cost?

I had surgery in MX with Dr. Alejaundro Lopez. He was awesome. The cost was $4600. He is now exclusively with VIDA Hospital. My surgery was yesterday Dec. 20th. He might be a little higher now since in at the accredited hospital VIDA. After surgery I felt a little nautious but have no pain a very very little gas pain. Since I've been hear i have not taken any pain medicine or anything for gas. Today I feel wonderful.

Not scheduled yet but plan on having surgery at Hosp Angeles with either Dr. juan Corvala or Dr. jose Rodriguez. The cost is about 6500 including 3 nites at hospital.

I researched most of the TJ surgeons and believe that there is a small group of top notched experienced pros. There are many competent surgeons and a few to avoid at all costs.

Can you recommend someone to me ?

Morning!

Although I haven't went to Mexico yet, a gf of mine went to the same doctor that I am going to (DR. Fernando Garcia @ READY 4ACHANGE) and she said that it was the best decision that she has ever made! She's a year out and has lost over 140 pounds. I am scheduled for surgery on December 9th and my cost is only 4400.00

Do you have contact information? I was dealing with mexico bariatric center, but they haven't called back. I want to do my surgery by March 2015. Or if anyone has direct contact for a doctor they recommend in Mexico. And prices. Thank you.

Edited by kellpm

@@toohighofa# I went through Medical Tourism Corporation ...I recommend choosing a hospital vs a "clinic"....I used Clinica San Juan and if I could choose again I would have selected a doctor at an actual hospital....but I do recommend Medical Tourism Corporation....Regene was my rep and she was awesome and the driver in Tijuana was awesome...so was the Ticuan Hotel...

@@toohighofa# I went through Medical Tourism Corporation ...I recommend choosing a hospital vs a "clinic"....I used Clinica San Juan and if I could choose again I would have selected a doctor at an actual hospital....but I do recommend Medical Tourism Corporation....Regene was my rep and she was awesome and the driver in Tijuana was awesome...so was the Ticuan Hotel...

Hi Sleeve101. I am going through Medical Tourism and they are using Clinica San Juan. Can you share with me a bit more about the experience of it all? I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Sleeve101. I am going through Medical Tourism and they are using Clinica San Juan. Can you share with me a bit more about the experience of it all? I would greatly appreciate it.

@ when is your surgery date? Mine is march 5th and im trying to find infomration on experiences and what I should expect

@ when is your surgery date? Mine is march 5th and im trying to find infomration on experiences and what I should expect

Mine is tentatively on the 26th of this month. The info I have is from people I know personally. I did request information on here but not to much avail.

What made me choose my doctor is his experience, reviews by people that I know, his staple procedure....triple staples and sew over to prevent leakage, and the fact that he does 3 leak checks. Those things are very important to me. He also doesn't do a ton of surgeries each day.

I hope that helps you out a bit.

My dr is Covala at hospital angeles. There is a lot on the internet about him. I really won't for sure how good he is until I have the surgery in june. I do like the five nights is the hospital that the hospital angeles package offers given some on this board are still in rough shape three or four days out.

My doctor was Dr. Fernando Garcia at Ready4Achange in Tijuana, Mexico! It was the best experience I 've had :)

Who is your doctor? I am trying to decide and have searched for over 2 weeks. I am so confused. I am looking at Tijuana dr.

I used Dr jaime Ponce de leon .... Dr Ponce is the best experience. Very welcoming and treating you like family from the first correspondence. dr ponce used to be part of hospital Angeles but started his own practise in the int hospital.. 20 yrs experience! In their price they give you your meds, covers all fees, 2 nights in hospital and 1 in hotel... Honestly.. I was ready to go home the day of surgery.. Had no pain what's so ever... Up and walking an hour after getting back to my room.. Love my time there.. Would do it again there if I could.. There are many great docs in Tijuana just research lots before you commit to someone... There are a few not so good ones...

Who is your doctor? I am trying to decide and have searched for over 2 weeks. I am so confused. I am looking at Tijuana dr.

Hi MISSORLANDOPLUSAMERICA2011, If I decide to get the gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana Mexico I will definitely be going with Dr Fernando Garcia with the single incision surgery. How was it for you? I'm kind of scared to take that next step and travel out of country. :/ I don't want to travel alone.

I was told single incision is more risky. Greater chance the surgeon could inadvertently touch an organ. Also the one incision is as long as the five individual incisions. I have no idea if any of that is true. That is just the rationale my case coordinator told me why my surgeon prefers not to do single incision.