Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone find out tou had it right before surgery?

I had a sleep study and I'm afraid I'd need a machine but I feel like it would push my surgery back idk. I'm in the last two weeks before surgery and I just want my last two approvals already!

sleep study- afraid I'd need a machine I feel like it would push my surgery back idk.

@@Aribay1

remember i'm only a laymen, not a NUT, well then again :lol:

you shoud ask your dr the above question

in MY opinion I doubt they will give you a mask 2 weeks before WLS

sleep apnea "usually" goes away after WLS - not right away but "usually" soon

i don't think your procedure would be postponed

having sleep apnea is a case of more is better :wacko:

the more problems you have- better chance you have for approval :wacko:

so you are "lucky" that you have another co-morbities that will help with your approval :wacko:

life is strange :blink:

good luck :)

kathy

Lol thanks! I guess I'm just inpatient I just want it to be surgery day!

I was sleeved Sept. 26th. I had a BMI of 37. My surgeon said the sleep apnea would be gone in 3 - 4months.

I used to have a CPAP machine which I hated. I now use a mouth appliance. I suggest you check them out.

I hear ya! Hope you won't need a mask but hope u have other co morbidity so you get all ur approvals

I just found out I have sleep apnea, my insurance gave me a machine. I never get sleepy during the day anymore I love it!

Ask can you borrow a machine for the surgery.

Yeah one of the nurses from the hospital said they will just give me a machine and I'd need it at the hospital so it shouldn't interfere with my surgery. I'm just getting impatient my surgery date came so fast! The 30 ahh! Pre-op diet soon ah!

Mine makes me feel so much better during the day. I didn't even realize how tired I was! The sleep center set me up with a machine ..my insurance had no problem paying for it. I do have a small out of pocket but it wasn't bad

Yep! I found out during my sleep study for the procedure. Although they said mine was minor and will probably go away after weightloss, they gave me a Cpap anyway....it's been interesting.....sleeping longer but it's odd at first. Didn't change my surgery date at all.

I found out last Friday I have sleep Apena and had to have a CPAP text done. So I hope this doesn't hinder me from surgery.

I have had my cpap for 2 weeks and I can't get used to it. I wake up feeling like I can't breathe. I want to throw it out the window. Everyone says it will be worth it so I'll just suck it up. ????

I tried it in 2012 into 2013 for five months it was awful I hated it got less sleep with it then without if u move it leaks or the hose crunches or comes undone if u need to use the bathroom u have to unhook and readjust everything I felt like I was suffocating every minute it gave me such anxiety I'd lay there for 2 hours and not go to sleep if I want to have this surgery I have to do it and prove a 3 week compliance with a printout or I can't have surgery I'm so pissed I feel like I'm being held hostage in two weeks I missed three days of work because of it was awake so much I literally couldn't fall asleep took it off one night and proceeded to sleep so hard from extreme fatigue caused by not being able to sleep with that contraption on that I fell asleep and slept three hours past my alarm going off waking to my boss yelling on my answering machine where are you? At 10 am ...I never used it again now being told I have to not sure I'll ever get surgery really can't tolerate it

folks, as someone who has used a cpap for over 5 yrs, i will attest that it is VERY DIFFICULT to get used to. i almost gave up on it to because it was so uncomfortable, but a good friend who uses one convinced me to keep trying different mask styles because they all feel different.

he was right! on my third mask style, i found a winner, and have slept awesomely ever since.

please call the people who provided the machine to you and tell them the mask is not fitting correctly. keep doing this until you get the right one for you. there are many different styles, and many different brands of each style.

the mask is like shoes. sometimes you have to walk around in them before you know they are not the right fit.

i hope this helps you get through this!

I had a hard time at first because I sleep with my mouth open (lovely!). I started with a nasal pillow which would have been pretty comfortable if I could just keep my mouth closed! So I switched to a full face mask covering both my nose & mouth which works better.