Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Band Related Foruns and Threads  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Non-Band Related Foruns and Threads

• Should be left as is
    • Should not be included in the Top 5 or "New Posts" area
    • Should have an ignore feature
    • Other (please explain)

Right now. looks like its running down the middle.

However, its night time. this may be picked up more in the day.

Grow up, please. If you didn't want discussion, you should have sent your suggestion to Alexandra privately. As a member here, I have just as much right as you to make myself heard. I am not the only person that opposes this childish idea. There are lots of us that like things how they are. Last time I looked at your nice, shiny poll, there's a pretty hefy percentage that wants it left alone.

And, IMO, this isn't benefitting anything. Should we just make changes because it would be more convenient to you? The fact is, we are ALL adults here, last I checked. If we don't want to read something, WE DON'T FREAKING READ IT.

Your right, my apologies. That was immature of me. I get frustrated when people get so bent out of shape over something that was meant to be a help. To be honest. Its not more convenient to me. I am concerned about new people here just like the post Jill mentioned above. The exact same thing happened to me. Just trying to avoid alienating people right when they join this sight.Thats it period. If I had know to PM Alexandra privately, I probably would have. I have no idea who is who here, there is no list that I can find of owners or moderators. I only go by what I see in people tag lines

Your right, my apologies. That was immature of me. I get frustrated when people get so bent out of shape over something that was meant to be a help. To be honest. Its not more convenient to me. I am concerned about new people here just like the post Jill mentioned above. The exact same thing happened to me. Just trying to avoid alienating people right when they join this sight.Thats it period. If I had know to PM Alexandra privately, I probably would have. I have no idea who is who here, there is no list that I can find of owners or moderators. I only go by what I see in people tag lines
I apologize. To be honest, I wasn't really getting bent out of shape until that last post of yours. I hate this habit of mine, but if I can't understand someone's reasoning behind something, I tend to kind of be a bulldog about getting it out of them. I tend to press and press, and it isn't that I'm getting bent out of shape (although, it probably looks like it), it's just that I am trying to get an explanation that makes logical sense to me. So, again, I apologize for losing my temper.

To be honest, I just don't understand the logic that newbies might be turned off from LBT because of RnR. If it were me, and I came across a thread that was unappealing, I would (and have) just said to myself, "Well, I don't want to read that one, I'll find another one." I don't get the hypersensitivity to off-topis threads.

To be honest, I just don't understand the logic that newbies might be turned off from LBT because of RnR. If it were me, and I came across a thread that was unappealing, I would (and have) just said to myself, "Well, I don't want to read that one, I'll find another one." I don't get the hypersensitivity to off-topis threads.

That's you, I am trying to think bigger picture and different personalities. I was honestly a little offended when I was scolded for questioning a topic in the R&R before I realized what it was about. THis was a while back. Luckily I am not that thin skinned and stuck in here. Some people aren't that way. I like this site or I wouldn't have suggested anything.

Neal, I have no doubt that your intent was to help. But I do think that the problem of Newbies landing in some place that causes a big problem is really a teeny teeny problem. And it is usually fixed by people saying that, hey, we have a rants and raves section. It does seem to me that changing the structure of the forum for this very small problem is overkill, and I think there is a risk that people won't even find out about the rants and raves section for a while because it is being blocked in some way to "help" and "protect" the Newbies. I really think we are all grownups here, and don't need all this protection. But if everyone else wants it, then I guess we'll have it.

Its not protection. Its being discrete.

Like not saying "I f'ed your daughter" to your father in law, but saying, "hey, we are going to have a baby"

Protection would be making the r and r forum special access

Its not protection. Its being discrete.

Like not saying "I f'ed your daughter" to your father in law, but saying, "hey, we are going to have a baby"

I see exactly what you mean.

But isn't removing the threads in RnR from any mention on the board (other than in that forum) all but making it special access? There may not be restricted access yet (although, I don't doubt that will be in the works if the rest of this happens), but it is censorship, IMO.

Critical thing..."all but"

Its not censorship.

Censorship would be to take it away.

THis is just limited exposure

Critical thing..."all but";

Its not censorship.

Censorship would be to take it away.

THis is just limited exposure

But can't people choose whether or not they want to be exposed? With a few exceptions, most threads in RnR don't have remotely offensive titles.

Exactly.. if someone wants to be exposed to r and r , they scroll down to the lbt community thread and click on the r and r forum.

It doesnt automatically pop up

Exactly.. if someone wants to be exposed to r and r , they scroll down to the lbt community thread and click on the r and r forum.<br /> It doesnt automatically pop up
Or the people that don't want to be exposed to it can make the entire forum "read", so that it doesn't pop up for them. To me, that would be easier, since it doesn't require the mods to change any settings.

I have also unsubscribed to many threads recently, which causes them to NOT come up on my subscribed list just because someone else has posted on it. I do, however, still see it in the New Posts, which unfortunately (because I'm human) still piques my curiousity. Call it addiction, call it compulsion, but human nature is to click on it. Then, once you're there, sometimes it's just very very hard not to defend your beliefs when someone is trashing them in public. I know I am not the only person who is guilty of this (on either side). I'd be willing to bet many of us go to bed at night professing to just walk away, yet wake up the next day or get home from work the next evening having had someone thrash you, your posts or your beliefs all over again.

I think the poll is a very good way to get the overall preference of the board members, not just the vocal ones.