Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Phone won't let me. Oh well next time. Happy thanksgiving to everyone! I don't have any clots, I could of guessed that with all the bleeding. My 4th blood transfusion is responding, my level is at 7 now anything over 10 is okay but they want it at 12. Remember I told yall I was having black stools, well its blood like beni said. I seem to be having internal upper gi bleeding. Honestly there are doctors from all these different departments with different opinions and everyone thinks its one thing or the other. They think I am bleeding from my upper gi, they think something is wrong with my vaj cuz I had 3.5 periods in a month, they think there's a stricture, they think so much and I'm just like whatever man lol. I have to wait until friday for the upper gi exam. I am back on full Clear Liquids at 6 weeks out and honestly its okay because I hate food now. I really wanted to share this photo with you guys I look like crap in the face but my body is banging lol. I was 301 on my surgery date, and today I'm 247. The surgery works but damn it. came with some surprises.

Oh my goodness! What the heck is really going on! I'm so sorry you're having all these issues! I am praying for you and hope you get all completely better very soon!

@@Bronxmerci I sincerely want you to get better. I'm praying. For you and your son. In your race you're seeing more hurdles than most of us. I'm sending you strength of mind, body, and spirit.

@@Bronxmerci I hope they get it figured out, I hate it for you.

I'm very happy and feeling soooo much better the last 2 days being on solids! My body must have been like wth do u keep giving me this mush for?? I ended up making a turkey burger on a flat out flat bread, ate half of it, it took forever lol, but I did it...I was craving some crunch so I had a few of the mini tostitos, chewed them up really good and omg it felt soooo good lol. Since tomorrow is thanksgiving, and I can eat more than pudding consistency, I made a blueberry cheesecake with Splenda and ff sour cream, light cream cheese, egg beaters...I can't wait to try it! I wanted to have something semi normal when everyone else is eating pie and cakes and Cookies :) Also tried some crispy beet greens, my mom took them off the beets, sautéed them w some garlic and a little olive oil spray, let me tell u, AMAZING! I've also found my key to getting enough liquids. I used to love Water, but lately it bothers me unless it is ice cold...so I've been drinking crystal light fruit punch, and cranberry pomegranate. Yayy! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Big milestone, 149 this morning. 30 pounds to my goal of 119 and I saw my surgeon Monday, he was very pleased and said if I keep up the good work I could be at 110 by my six month follow up. On stage 4 now, solid foods, just in time for thanksgiving.

Big milestone, 149 this morning. 30 pounds to my goal of 119 and I saw my surgeon Monday, he was very pleased and said if I keep up the good work I could be at 110 by my six month follow up. On stage 4 now, solid foods, just in time for thanksgiving.

My goodness, that's great. When was your surgery? My surgery was Oct 22 & I've only lost 12 pounds! Congrats!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Weighed myself yesterday and measured myself today. I'm finally under 220, at a whopping 216, and have lost 15.5" since I last measured about 3 weeks ago. I'm thinking I might be in the size 16's soon. My scrub pants are falling off of me, still not getting any new ones until I'm down to under 200 lbs.

I measure my waist (bend to the side to find your natural waist), my belly button area, my hips (typically 8" below waist), each thigh, each bicep area, my bust and my neck.

My goodness, that's great. When was your surgery? My surgery was Oct 22 & I've only lost 12 pounds! Congrats!

Surgery was 10/14, but I lost 50 preop, so I had lost almoat 50% before surgery, 25 post op.

Today I made two cakes because I wanted my family to enjoy them. I love working on new recipes lately even if I don't eat them. My plate had a couple teaspoons of beef roast, a piece of turkey about the size of the old Kennedy half dollar, a tablespoon and a half of macaroni and cheese and a tablespoon of greens. Then later I had a couple of tablespoons of potato salad. Thankfully no complaints from my belly. So I say today was a success.

Edited by layknee

My Thanksgiving pureed meal tasted like crap. Good thing everyone else enjoyed it though!! It's going to take some getting used to the food not being the center of get together with family.

I have to work tomorrow and I'm pooped. Better head to bed.

My Thanksgiving pureed meal tasted like crap. Good thing everyone else enjoyed it though!! It's going to take some getting used to the food not being the center of get together with family.

Food can still be the center, but it'll start not bothering you. I think I started focusing on food more since prepping for the surgery. I start watching more food network shows. Learning recipes. Buying organic , free range , and high end foods. More open to trying things because I know I can't eat much. It's almost like the show "the taste" where all the flavor has to fit on a single spoon. Some things that I used to love, taste awful to me. I think because before I would just wolf it down. I seem to taste things more clearly and it has fine tuned my pallet to where junk food has no place.

The real question is:

Does purée have to be bland?

LOL

Edited by layknee

Sorry that your meal wasn't good. I hope your time with family was and your pouch wasn't being cranky. Good luck at work today, one minute at a time...

Weighed myself Thanksgiving morning and walked 2 miles before dinner. I made all the deserts a Rum Cake & 3 pies & yes I had a taste as I always do while I was making it. So I understand what @@amylynns is taking about " food" is the center of most family events. I'm a comfort food eater brings back so many memories of my Mother cooking deserts we would have homemade rolls & 10 deserts at the Holidays. Every success was celebrated with food.

So at dinner at a cousins I knew per my surgeon to get the. Dark meat on the Turkey as a former lover of white it was hard to bypass but I did. Then I added stuffing, greens, (mashed potatoes still unable to eat) & stayed away from the Mac & cheese & rolls. It all added up to about cup of food & I waited to drink 30 mins after I was not going to get sick. Funny how all. The conversations stop & the room goes quiet when everyone is eating Thanksgiving dinner.

And yes later I had a taste of desert a silver of cake & pie but I left some on the plate couldn't finish it my pouch was full.

I felt like I wasn't relaxed until after everyone had eaten and we all sat back & talked about our usual whose doing what.

I didn't like that feeling at all BUT I also was amazed to sit across a distant cousin who had heaped food over every inch of her plate and had a fit waiting for our hostess to give the Ok that I could cut a piece of my famous cake for her. They just wanted to clear the table & she age 75 didn't want to wait. Now mind you she's diabetic walks with a cane & yes overweight.

All the things I did this surgery to avoid. Her son kept reminding her to watch her portions but she couldn't resist. Her decision right. Oh how I remember leaving the holiday table feeling so full I wanted to or did unbutton my pants. Or ate smaller portions at dinner but take plenty of leftovers & ate again when I got home.

I used to make 2 cakes for the dinner & one for the house. Not this year. I took no leftovers home & my husband took 2 slices of cake home & a plate for him and called it a day.

Today when I weighed I had gone up 8 ounces. I call that a win! So in a week I've lost another 3.5 lbs the week for a total of 22 lbs since my surgery in Oct and 42 LBS from my highest in August. The loss is slow & steady plus I'm learning to appreciate my body. I love walking again & I'am up to 3 miles most days even in cold temps of 28 degrees although I'll probably join the seniors I. Mall walking soon????

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday weekend I've got much to be thankful for better health No more CPAC and my blood pressure reading was back to My Normal at my 1 month Followup last week 120/80. Yeah!