Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Pre-op Doctor's Visit Look out surgery here I come!

Thanks for the advice Lisa. I wouldn't even try to go through with it if I got sick. I already ask the Doc. about that and he told me it just isn't worth taking a risk, and that they would not do it. He told me if I even got a rash on my stomache, they would reschedule. I ask him if there was anything I could take if that happened, and he said you can try Vitamin c but I don't know if it will help or not. I went at noon got the c's and took them already.

You might have a point about your port and all the coughing. I can't imagine how bad it would be after surgery with a terrible cough. Gosh, I have had a cold that I coughed so hard my stomach hurt really bad.

So many people here in texas have this cold, I don't know if it is a flu or what. I know last week they had confirmed some cases of flu. I did get a fle shot so maybe that will help me. I need to stay in bed and away from everyone. Anybody want to take my hubby for a while? lol Just kidding, I need him right here to take care of me for a little while at least.

Two Words

Zinc Lozenges. I like the brand 'Cold-eze'. I swear by them. I used to travel alot for work (I feel your pain Letha) and I would get a virus almost everytime I flew.

I started sucking cold-eze lozenges prophylactically prior to and during a flight, and I've never been sick from an airplane flight since. If I feel a sore throat or head cold coming on, I start to take cold-eze, and the symptoms are so minor, I don't even notice them.

Cold-eze along with the Vitamin C should ward off any evil demon bugs conspriring to keep you away from your surgery!

Good Luck Betty - and may you feel restriction right off the bat!

O.K., Betty, Mind over Matter!! Sending healthy thoughts and (((hugs)))). Stop thinking about "sick". It's not going to happen, O.K.? Now, don't you feel better? :cool:

Mind over matter! I am not going to get sick! No Way!

I went home last night and my husband wasn't feeling good and he never gets sick! Someone is out to get me I tell ya! :cool: :D:D

I wan't feeling too hot last night, but feeling much better this morning. Now, I want to keep feeling that way.

Let's see I need to:

Think positive thoughts

Suck on Cold-eze

Take a lot of Vitamin C

Get plenty of rest

Drink lots of liquids

Soak in Listerine (hey, wouldn't wiskey work too just in case I slide down a little too far)? :laugh

O.k. I think I have it all, any more suggestions?

Hmmmm... a whiskey bath... now that sounds like the makings of a country song! Not to mention that other people would likely stay clear of you due to the fumes! :lick

Whiskey farts... VEEEERY dangerous indeed!

I am with you in spirit ....one day after you 10/19 with Dr. Rumbaut. I have butterflies ....I wish you a speedy recovery, and a great journey on your way to better health .... I'll be thinking about you.....Kelly Ann

Thanks Kelly, I will be thinking about you too. It is nice to have someone else going at the same time. Good luck to you and please post and let us know how you are doing.