Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. sleevers.. I saw a topic about this but lost it? Anyone out there yet for dec. surgery?

Sleeve mom how are you feeling? Mine was the 3rd. I'm doing well.

I'm well thank you! A little sore but hardly anything comparing to after surgery. Those pains were the worst. I'm finding it hard to get in all the fluids but boy am I trying. I've never drank enough so this is something I'm working hard at.

Hi everyone! I'm set for surgery on the 29th, starting preop diet on the 15th. In response to the crazy emotions, the therapist who did my preop assessment said the surgery causes our hormones to go all over the place for a little while, but they'll even out. I've warned my husband. :)

This is all reassuring, thank you ladies. Edy makes a Splenda popsicle labeled Outshine with 2gms. Sugar alcohol. The flavors are more adult.

I had my sleeve on Thursday the 11th. Anyone sleeve the same day? I'm sipping everything... Trying to avoid pain when I swallow.

I'm so mad/sad with myself right now. I cheated on my preop diet. I'd been doing pretty well up until now (lost 10 pounds in 4 days as well), but my workplace just received the annual giant basket of goodies from a regular client for the holidays, and I caved and ate a shortbread cookie and a burbon ball. These are the best cookies/burbon balls I've ever had (they send the same assortment every year so I knew what they tasted like too). I was hoping that the darned gift basket was going to wait to show up until I was out of the office already because I am unable to resist those things.

And this was with a rather liberal preop diet too: two meals with meat/veggies allowed and two Protein shakes a day and sugar free jello/popsicles allowed. So stupid to slip up like that. I'd been doing so well. The carbs and sugar are the main issue and I just went and ate over 50 carbs in like 2 minutes! (and holy moly I never paid attention to carbs before - that is scary how high in carbs small things can be!!)

I'm going to go strictly liquids for Tuesday/Wednesday (which should be easier as I'm off work too) and hope that I can undo the damage. :(

My surgery is the 18th (Thursday).

Don't beat yourself up about the slip up... You'll do fine. This is just practice for the after party ???? lol. After the surgery u won't even be hungry at least for a few days.

I had my sleeve on Thursday the 11th. Anyone sleeve the same day? I'm sipping everything... Trying to avoid pain when I swallow.

I had surgery the same day! I'm having a hard time sipping I just want to drink normal!!

I'm so mad/sad with myself right now. I cheated on my preop diet. I'd been doing pretty well up until now (lost 10 pounds in 4 days as well), but my workplace just received the annual giant basket of goodies from a regular client for the holidays, and I caved and ate a shortbread cookie and a burbon ball. These are the best cookies/burbon balls I've ever had (they send the same assortment every year so I knew what they tasted like too). I was hoping that the darned gift basket was going to wait to show up until I was out of the office already because I am unable to resist those things.

And this was with a rather liberal preop diet too: two meals with meat/veggies allowed and two Protein shakes a day and sugar free jello/popsicles allowed. So stupid to slip up like that. I'd been doing so well. The carbs and sugar are the main issue and I just went and ate over 50 carbs in like 2 minutes! (and holy moly I never paid attention to carbs before - that is scary how high in carbs small things can be!!)

I'm going to go strictly liquids for Tuesday/Wednesday (which should be easier as I'm off work too) and hope that I can undo the damage. :(

I slipped a couple times and even 2 days before my surgery. The pre opt diet was hard for me. But don't beat yourself up everything is ok!

I had surgery the same day! I'm having a hard time sipping I just want to drink normal!!

Same here. I want to drink without being scared of an air bubble. I want to lay down without being scared I'm going to pop a stitch lol.

Same here. I want to drink without being scared of an air bubble. I want to lay down without being scared I'm going to pop a stitch lol.

I haven't had trouble sleeping until last night. I finally found that it was easier to sleep on my right side. My back has hurt from the hospital bed. I also feel like I'm going to pop a stitch when I raise up out of bed

Please don't beat yourself up! Those 50 carbs are not going to kill you! You have been doing good. Just think of it as a reward for all the hard work and go to the gym tonight and sweat it off. I went on a cruise before my surgery and I worked out daily. I did good on the boat but for two nights I had ice cream and a piece of cake. I realized that I have been on point for all these months and now that I am about to make a life change, I am beating myself up on something that I haven't treated myself to in a long time. I enjoyed what I ate (never did I overdo it) but I worked extra hard in the gym. I have been sleeved and that did not mess up what I had. Hope this helps

Ugg this is what I needed to read. I blew my pre op diet hard tonight. I own a pet salon and didn't stop to drink a Protein Shake while spending hrs fighting a 180lb Newfoundland who just wanted to play and not be groomed. I was shaking and a little delusional when I dropped him off at home and I ate a whopper. Anne onion rings.. I was groaning and moaning on how tasty it was ( week 3 off bread and sugar) now it's 3 am I'm sick as a Newfoundland ! Wishing I would of just ran into the quickly mart for a Protein drink!,, btw also getting sleeved the 29th

I have done some cheating myself. My surgery is the 18th too. I think we'll be ok. :)

Don't worry about the little slip ups. I live in Japan and I didn't get the proper American food funeral so I did a little cheating but when I landed in California yesterday I was sooo hungry I went out and ate ???? but I tried to keep it a little healthy so nothing heavy, but my surgery is tomorrow!!!

But I think I can say if I had the proper Protein shakes I wouldn't be so hungry ????. But don't stress just continue to do your diet and you'll be fine for surgery.