Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much was you self-pay ?

Niecybelle,

I also considered Nicholson in the. US and Corvala and Rodriguez in TJ.

They are all very fine surgeons.

Leaning towards Corvala in the spring. I spoke to him last month as physician to physicians and was very impressed.

Yes. Rocky..im leaning more towards Corvala as well.

I just scheduled with Dr. Corvala for the spring. Can't beat the experience, credentials, he has trained many surgeons and the hospital is without a doubt top notch.

Exactly. Top credentials, the best in my opinion. Good luck to you, see you on the other side... :)

I heading to mexico haven't gotten a date yet trying to get all the paperwork together. First a certified copy of birth certificate,then passport. I do have a date with the post office for interview for passport,paying to have it expressed. I have contacted David through Bariatricpal.com and plan on going with one of their doctors. Mean while I'm collecting all the items such as gas x strips,flip flops,thermos for hot, water bottle for cold,crystal light,a copy of medical records,etc. and all the other items that have been mentioned to bring. I hope to make it there in Mid to late March.

Dr.verboonen and others are listed on site have very good if not excellent ratings. Bariatricpal is a main resource for wls patients,they have magazine,webpages and of course would have more contacts in Mexico. Not standing up for them but if you don't believe in bariatricpal why post on their forum.

my cost is 6500 with dr. Corvala in june. note that hospital Angeles recently raised its price to 7500 but I'm locked in at 6500. I recommend going directly through the hospital and not a thirt party because if you have to cancel you only forfeit 10% of the 650 down payment or 65 dollars. I'm also looking at Dr. Nicolson in Dallas and his website indicates that his cash pay price for VSG is 12,200 which is about half of what I would pay in my home area.

I am signed up with Dr. Corvala at hospital angeles for june 23. I'm also considering Dr. Nicolson and Dr Kim in Dallas. I'm not getting support from my spouse about having the surgery in Mexico. I'm in the process of trying to determine if Dr. Corvala's VSG technique is similar to Dr. Kim's inverted gastriac sleeve technique where there are three lines of staples, a suture over the staples, then inverting the suture/staple line into the stomach and then suturing again. Apparenly that significantly reduces the chances of leaks and expansion down the road. Hospital Angeles case coordinator is saying that only three days in the hospital is generally needed. they advertise 5 days hospital stay on their website and that is what I am insisting on as I would be there alone with no other help and I'm not sure much help I will get from local doctors in my area if they find out I had my surgery in mexico. I would appreciate any posts from anyone that has recently had vsg surgery with dr. corvala on how your experience went. He is the only Doctor in Mexico that I would consider for gastriac sleeve VSG surgery. Otherwise I"m leaning towards Dr. Nicholson or Dr. kim in dallas as they have travel programs, are well respected, and the prices for the procedure in Dallas and texas in general are considerable cost than where i am from.

toohighofa#, I never said that I don't believe in bariatricpal and i have noticed they offer other surgeons in Mexico who cost less than using dr. Corvala at hospital Angeles. I have no opinion on those surgeons what so ever as I have not done any research on them. They are considerable lower cost which raises the question why are they do much lower. It may be they are a phenomenal deal for VSG surgery for all I know but I do know VSG surgery is nothing to mess with and it certainly is not something where one should cut corners as they may pay much higher medical bills down the road if the surgery goes bad. That is just a risk analysis that each patient needs to make for themselves and they each need to do their own extensive research. This surgery could mess someone up for life if it is not done correctly. I've reach some articles in the Canadian press about some VSG surgeries in mexico going bad and then the paitent flys back canada and incurs significant medical bills imposed on their government sponsored medical system. it is a bit controversial it appears in canada in that if someone goes cheap and has a poor surgery and then comes home and s a burden on their medical system(i.e privatizing the profit and socializing the cost). in the u.s we don't have that issue as we as patients would get stuck for paying at least a portion of a botched surgery. To be clear cannot offer any opinion on any vsg surgeons in mexico. Alll i know is that so far i haven't found any show stoppers regarding dr. Corvala but he is the mexican surgeon I have researched. I find this forum very helpful for all patients to share their ideas but we should read the posts with a healthy bid of skeptiscm and each do our own homework after all it will be each of our bodies operated on and will impact us the rest of our lives.

Dr Kim did my sleeve 3 years ago and I have no regrets. Hes a great doctor and knows what he is doing! He does offer a traveling patient program, you should give Kim Bariatrics a call. I have my life back thanks to him! The staff is amazing as well and the support after surgery is lifelong, that is huge plus, a lot of surgeons don't offer after surgery support. Good luck to your journey!

my cost is 6500 with dr. Corvala in june. note that hospital Angeles recently raised its price to 7500 but I'm locked in at 6500. I recommend going directly through the hospital and not a thirt party because if you have to cancel you only forfeit 10% of the 650 down payment or 65 dollars. I'm also looking at Dr. Nicolson in Dallas and his website indicates that his cash pay price for VSG is 12,200 which is about half of what I would pay in my home area.

I am signed up with Dr. Corvala at hospital angeles for june 23. I'm also considering Dr. Nicolson and Dr Kim in Dallas. I'm not getting support from my spouse about having the surgery in Mexico. I'm in the process of trying to determine if Dr. Corvala's VSG technique is similar to Dr. Kim's inverted gastriac sleeve technique where there are three lines of staples, a suture over the staples, then inverting the suture/staple line into the stomach and then suturing again. Apparenly that significantly reduces the chances of leaks and expansion down the road. Hospital Angeles case coordinator is saying that only three days in the hospital is generally needed. they advertise 5 days hospital stay on their website and that is what I am insisting on as I would be there alone with no other help and I'm not sure much help I will get from local doctors in my area if they find out I had my surgery in mexico. I would appreciate any posts from anyone that has recently had vsg surgery with dr. corvala on how your experience went. He is the only Doctor in Mexico that I would consider for gastriac sleeve VSG surgery. Otherwise I"m leaning towards Dr. Nicholson or Dr. kim in dallas as they have travel programs, are well respected, and the prices for the procedure in Dallas and texas in general are considerable cost than where i am from.

Kim quoted me 14900 for there traveling program. I am talking to Nicholson in dallas but leaning towards Corvala at hospital angeles. I like the one day pre op and four days post op in a real full hospital. Care if I have a complication when I get home is a real concern as he is TJ.