Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much was you self-pay ?

Hello there... I want to have the Sleeve surgery in the next month or so. Curious to know how much the self payers spent and the doctor who performed the surgery. My insurance will not cover. I prefer to stay in the states, but MX is an option. Thanks guys!

Hi @niecyBell12, I self paid for my surgery at Belite weight. It cost me 6800.00 +50.00 for take home meds. My surgery date is 10/21/2014. I'm having it done in Tijuana Mexico.

Dr. Thomas Umbach, Las Vegas, NV $11,500

In austin texas at south west bariatrics it 9999

In Mexico the going rate seems to be $4500-$6500 including hospital and hotel stays, but not including plane tickets. You can get great surgeons in the lower end of that range, but I opted to go with the top end of the range in order to be 100% confident in my choice and I don't regret it.

Edited by JamieLogical

Went to Obesity Control Center in TJ. Paid about $7200 for surgery, airfare, preop bloodwork, cardiac and nutritional consult, 2 months meds, 1 night in hospital and 4 nights at Marriott for me and my sister.

Hi Nikalex, thanks for writing back. Who is your doctor?

Hi @niecyBell12, I self paid for my surgery at Belite weight. It cost me 6800.00 +50.00 for take home meds. My surgery date is 10/21/2014. I'm having it done in Tijuana Mexico.

Thanks Mcbutterpants. I have heard good things about Dr. Umbach.

Dr. Thomas Umbach, Las Vegas, NV $11,500

In Mexico the going rate seems to be $4500-$6500 including hospital and hotel stays, but not including plane tickets. You can get great surgeons in the lower end of that range, but I opted to go with the top end of the range in order to be 100% confident in my choice and I don't regret it.

Thanks jamielogical. Dr. Ortiz is at the top of my list. Which doctor on the low end of cost would you say is a great surgeon in MX?

Kindle. Dr. Ortiz is on my list for sure. Thanks for replying. :)

Went to Obesity Control Center in TJ. Paid about $7200 for surgery, airfare, preop bloodwork, cardiac and nutritional consult, 2 months meds, 1 night in hospital and 4 nights at Marriott for me and my sister.

The cash pay price at my clinic is $9995. It's Weight Wise Bariatric Center. It includes your hospital stay up to 2 nights and a years worth of monthly follow up visit plus meetings with the dietitian and the sports physiologist.

Personally, I feel more comfortable going to someone I can actually see whenever I need anything. Not to mention the amazing staff that I can communicate with whenever I have a question (my dietitian was emailing me earlier and she's not even at work this afternoon).

The clinic here has a lot of things they do pre-op that I think are important to successful, safer surgeries. Even as frustrated and impatient as I am, I fully understand my surgeons reasons for requiring a specific amount of weight loss, support group meetings and the psych eval (all things even the cash pay customers do).

It's a personal choice and I know people not just on here who've gone to Mexico and done great. However, I'm more comfortable with using a facility that I can be at in a matter of hours if something were to go wrong.

I went to Dr Rodriguez in Juarez via Beliteweight. $6800. Excellent and experienced team of surgeons in nice hospital. No hotels. $6800

Thanks angierue. I plan to research all recommended doctors and make a final decision. I agree with you about the requirements before surgery, very important! I appreciate your contribution to this topic. ;)

The cash pay price at my clinic is $9995. It's Weight Wise Bariatric Center. It includes your hospital stay up to 2 nights and a years worth of monthly follow up visit plus meetings with the dietitian and the sports physiologist.

Personally, I feel more comfortable going to someone I can actually see whenever I need anything. Not to mention the amazing staff that I can communicate with whenever I have a question (my dietitian was emailing me earlier and she's not even at work this afternoon).

The clinic here has a lot of things they do pre-op that I think are important to successful, safer surgeries. Even as frustrated and impatient as I am, I fully understand my surgeons reasons for requiring a specific amount of weight loss, support group meetings and the psych eval (all things even the cash pay customers do).

It's a personal choice and I know people not just on here who've gone to Mexico and done great. However, I'm more comfortable with using a facility that I can be at in a matter of hours if something were to go wrong.

Thanks Suzamundo, Dr. Rodriguez is on my list as well!

I went to Dr Rodriguez in Juarez via Beliteweight. $6800. Excellent and experienced team of surgeons in nice hospital. No hotels. $6800

Dr Rodriguez seems excellent and practices at top notch full service MHC Certified hospitals which are the only facilities I would consider.memergencies do occur and one wants to be treated at a facility with the appropriate resources.

Thanks to you Rocky1, Dr. Rodriguez is on my list. :)

Edited by NiecyBelle12