Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any One Up For an Exercise Challenge?

Geez Darcy, is that your penance (is that the word for paying for your sins? :) )

I am gonna walk right over there and get on my exercise bike. I owe my DH 40 minutes...STILL. He won't exercise again until I pay up. :ermm

How long have we being doing this challenge? And I haven't risen to it yet! :)

When things "fall down" your throat, does that count for exercise? I'm diggin deep here can you tell? What about when you "fall down" on the couch, or "fall into" the computer chair once again? Because if those kind of things count. Count me in. I'm faithfully exercising then. :laugh

When things "fall down" your throat, does that count for exercise? I'm diggin deep here can you tell? What about when you "fall down" on the couch, or "fall into" the computer chair once again?

Oh yes, they definitely count! Falling down onto the couch exercises not only the gluteus maximus but your arms (bracing yourself) and legs (steadying yourself). Falling into the computer chair might require just a little less exertion, but think of the calories you're burning by moving those fingers across the keyboard. And don't forget falling into bed (big points for raising those legs onto the mattress), picking up dog poop (knee bends!), and driving (all that ankle flexing, not to mention repeated use of the limber middle finger).

I'm over here ROTF Zoe sounds like your getting way more exercise than me, I'm almost jealous!

Come drive in Chicago during rush hour and you too will get an aerobic workout of your ankles, feet, and finger. Doesn't help with high blood pressure, though!

Seriously, I've been going on half-hour to hour-long walks just about every morning, making sure to work up a sweat and get my heart rate going . . . and I've been feeling great. I go faster without the crazy dog, who has to sniff every tree and leave a liquid message for her friends, but somehow it's not as much fun. Our fall rainy season is about to begin (just before the snow season) and I'm thinking about splurging on some decent rain gear, even though with luck it'll be too big for me when spring rolls around.

Rebecclee, tomorrow I'm donating 10 minutes of exercise towards that 40 minute debt you have towards your husband. Can I get three more volunteers to give up 10 minutes of yours to help her catch up?

Hey Kim,

I am in too if you dont mind.. this is exactly what I needed to do and also the support from each other is great.. so I will be checking in and posting my exercises that I do... you guys are a real great bunch of people with some of the biggest hearts that I have ever seen.. I know that I do not post all that much but like I read it everyday and cant stand when I miss a day of reading how everyones day went.. I am going to try to post more often myself and start becomming a part of this board..

Aww, DeLarla, that is so sweet. You are a doll. :) I'll tell DH that he owes ME 10. :) 'Cause I finally got on that bike and caught up with that debt. I would have gone longer, but I was pooped.

I called a local gym, too, and they will have a special sign-up in November, probably. We checked it out back in the spring; now it's time to join up. They have the machine I used to do that I really like. It's like an escalator that goes nowhere. I was up to 45 minutes several years ago. Now 5 minutes simulates a heart attack.

For now, I'm on that bike every day....I hope. :nervous

WOO HOO Becky and ZOE!!!!! I am saying this from my chair... the one that I can barely get out of without assistance now. :) Seriously... I'm a hurting unit.

Welcome Jeanie!

Lisa... I am glad that there isn't a chocolate pie here... it definitely would have done an triple pike down my throat!

Anybody having difficulty shakin your bum???? It feels good once you get yourself into it... AND... building up muscle tissue will help you be a better fat burner! It is also a great way to squash quilt feelings over chocolate pie that has pole vaulted down ones throat or icecream that somehow gets past the Lap Band Detector.:)

Darcy

When they removed my port, the accidentally took out the Lap Band Detector. That's how that damn pie got by. No exercise today - the phone rang and it was a recorded message, "You have just completed the exercise portion of your life."

Okay, so that was a dream, but let a girl dream, would ya?

Wow I think i had the exact same dream as i ate an oatmeal cream pie (my weakness) today for a snack. bad katie I know.. :nervous

I am not doing well with this excercize thing..the weather is not cooperating so i can be outside and I hate hate hate that treadmill! I want to be able to walk in the woods, not staring at the same wall in my house!! Jeezzz i'm whiny, sorry it's the rain! :)

Katie

Welllllll...ok! me too!!!

I got an early x mas present from my parents...

An eliptical trainer thingy( torture chamber)!!

I asked for it!! and now i got it...if i don't use it i will feel guilty cuz it was expensive and they don't have much money to spare!!

I walk/jog for 1.1 mile which takes me about 20 minutes.Haven't done it this week yet but i will tonite and will report back here tomorow!

I can do about 10 minutes on the eliptical if i stop after 5 and go back on...sheesh!

If i can do it ANYONE can:)

Excuse me, but there's a whole nother thread devoted to whining. Now you must dance like a banana - that's exercise. 20 minutes on any machine is fantastic. We have to remember that compulsive behavior got us fat, so there's no need to kill ourselves with exercise. Moderation is the key, and 20 minutes is great.