Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise accountabilty thread

Amelia,

yikes!! i hope the PT works too.

just an FYI, there is a july accountability thread going as well. that may be more active.

i started this board for my accountability to myself, but you are more than welcome to stay and post here too ... ;)

had a great workout with my new trainer today. focused on balance, arms and cardio. she had me do a great interval and i was soaked by the time i was finished. this is the first time in a very long time i've been pushed so hard by my trainer. i am loving it!!!

Sounds like a great workout!!!! I love doing interval training, I think it really gets that matabolism reved up!

Your August Challenge is a lot of miles - but you can do it!

losingjusme - you so inspire me to get off my butt and workout. I was thinking of hiring a personal trainer for a couple of workouts. Was it really worth it. I kept talking myself out of it thinking that maybe I should wait until I've dropped more weight!

Tonya,

interval training really works well for me but i just dont normally get the motivation to do it ... you'd think that the fact that it works would do it. i think the fact that my last trainer made me REALLY REALLY go on the elliptical (190-200 rpm) made me burn out very quickly. my new traininer says 170ish works just as well for now.

the miles are going to be tough, but i really needed the challenge. the good thing is it's on the bike as well and i can knock out 10 miles in under 30 mins on the bike. so as long as i go to the gym 22 times this month and use the bike along with the ellipitcal, i should do it. i will update daily on what i do.

jmcambra,

YES YES YES. i, personally, need my trainer. i really think it is an accountability issue. last month i didnt have a trainer, and i completely slacked off.

i started with my trainer in November (had surgery in October) so i was probably about 380ish pounds when i started. i am now at 289 today. (scale is moving once again - bout time!!)

good luck!

since 01 August (really 02, i didnt go work out the first) i have used the bike / elliptical for 85.95 miles. some days as much as 20 miles, some days (like today) about 9. my average is about 12-15 a day.

i have upped the resistance for the elliptical and it is kicking my @$$, but i love it!! :tea:

today was only 7 minutes on the bike and 55 mins with my trainer. it was great!

she makes me sweat so much more than my old trainer. the good thing is, is that we do different things each time. i really like the variety. :biggrin1:

losing, I am so very glad to see you posting again. I was a little worried there for a while, and I see your scale is moving again. GOOD JOB GIRL!!!! This is a life time experience, so a little bump in the road is not anything like what is used to be. You are doing it and should be so very proud of yourself!!!

OK, I just found this thread and here is my workout routine:

Curves- 3x/week, 30 mins.

Rec Center- 2x/week- walk 2 miles on the track, then do weights for arms

I have been doing Curves for a year and just added the rec. center. I might do yoga on Saturdays and just take Sundays off. Also I am thinking I will need to find something 'harder' than Curves once I lose some more weight, or when I plateau. The problem is that the other gyms are all so far away and getting in traffic does not sound like a plan. But I will fugure something out.

worked out with trainer today. it was a pretty good work out considering i didnt want to be there (TOM is visiting - very crampy)

we did an interval 4 times, worked bike, shoulders, hamstrings, more shoulders/arms, obliques - thats all i can remember. now that i look back at it, it was a very good work out. i really like her a lot and she knows how to just push me... she was nice to me today though ... :Banane20:

she did however notice that i did not work out yesterday and gave me slack for it. :)