Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 Sleevers

Congrats to you both. I'm healed up on the outside now and feeling great. My only problem is I'm over Soup, Protein shakes & Water...lol. I've been having diet jelly and custard as my doctor says its fine. I've lost over 5 kilos in one week so you'll be happy to see that off your scales. Keep up the good work cos it's all worth it. Sleeved 10 days ago.

Edited by Ray9783

Fantastic results Ray, that's incredible. You must be feeling great. I was over the shakes pre op let alone face them now. Im missing that crispy sound when biting into something. I sat and watched the fam munching on their meat and veggies in ore tonight, as I slurped down my puréed chicken casserole.....almost brings a tear to my eye thinking about it. Keep us posted on your weight lose, I love hearing people success stories.

Hi Ray,

Your results are fantastic, your definitely reaping the rewards now, keep up the good work & don't lose sight of the bigger picture a fitter, healthier & slimmer you ????

Hi Michelle,

Glad to hear your mending well.

A whole pouch of yogurt isn't much but to a fellow sleever it's a great achievement. I'm exactly 2 weeks and 2 days post Op and I'm feeling pretty good in myself, but missing that crisp sound when you bite something. I think all this purée has just about done my head in...Lol.

Hi all,

I've just found this site and excited to share my story but also to reach out to others for on going support.

I had my sleeve done on 6th Oct 14 by Mr Frydenberg at Epworth in Richmond Vic. It was the best decision I've made.

I've lost 32kg which has been fantastic but the last 2 weeks I've not lost anything.

Not sure why as I haven't changed anything in my diet.

Is there anyone else that this is happening too?

I'm 182cm tall and starting weight was 163kg so I have still a lot of weight to lose.

Would love to hear if others have had a stop in their weight loss? Is it temporary? What can I do to get it moving again?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Jacqui

Hi Happyjacq,

I have also experienced the weight lose stall, 4 weeks and not a gram, It really is disheartening. I spoke with the dietician about it and she suggested that I wasn't eating enough....no one has ever said that to me before LOL. Low and behold I mixed up my meals a bit, added a few more vegies and salad and hey presto I've lost another 2.5kg in the last 3 weeks even whilst being on a cruise and consuming more than my far share of cocktails!

So try not to be to disheartened your results so far are fantastic. I sometimes have to remind myself that it has only been 3 months and sadly want what's taken me a life time to put on just to magically disappear overnight.

MooCow

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches