Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One more can of tuna or chicken and I'm gonna puke! Need lunch ideas.

I manage to eat 2 to 3 oz so I am pretty much mindset on Protein first. A few bites grilled chicken seasoned, grilled salmon, tuna seldom, eggs I do like 1 fried egg here an there for a breakfast at times, egg salad I like, avocado luv these, I use pinterest ideas. Tons of things to try. On my plan it has no celery or stringy veggies for 6 months out an I'm just 2 mon. I haven't tried baby carrots yet I'm afraid there to hard for tummy, I like hummus Iv ate a few of the organic lentil crackers with it had to back off the crackers their still carbs..so no no for me. I like refried Beans lowfat put some chedder on top an melt..I use organic ground turkey, yogurt kroger has their brand carb master. .all kinds of yummy flavors not fruit on bottom. An I just come across the Quest bars...I went into GNC today they carry them. An I still use my chike Protein Shake coffee flavor. .luv that stuff! Ordered another tub last night from vitacost. .cheese sticks, grab n go, my bars an quest has several Desserts like flavors. .keep on hand..have not eaten lettuce yet. I have had no cramping at all since day 1 from surgery I don't want cramping. .before certain lettuce an the preservatives they use gave me awful cramps so none for me yet. That's just wat I can think of wat I'm eating an keep. Chk out pinterest if u use it...:)

I make sloppy joe (meat and canned mix) and put 1 tsp each, on 2-3 nacho chips and a tiny bit of low fat shredded cheddar melted on top. lunch-done.

cold taco salad with mostly lettuce, Tomato, onion, cukes, and meat and just a sprinkle of nacho chip crumbs

Ezekial bread toasted with Peanut Butter

P3 pack of any flavor

egg salad with a couple of Wheat Thins

Rotisserie chicken and some fresh sliced tomatoes

cold Lentil salad

roasted pork loin with butternut squash

Chili

just a few ideas! i have been eating fairly 'normally' for a while and enjoying all these foods, and more, in very limited portions.

I am on the heart and healthy mixed nut kick since I am now allowed to eat them! I measure out 1-2 ounces into about 5 small lock and lock bowls. There's my lunch Protein For a week. I can eat them slowly thru lunch with a tiny bowl of mixed green, Panera low fat raspberry dressing and a table spoon of feta cheese, with a few grape tomatoes. I am seven months out and still can't eat much more then 2 ounces of protein per meal. I will mix up my lunch protein with deli baked turkey slices, I have come to HATE the prepackaged lunch meats..gag me! Like Eckyrich (sp.) farm.. Ewwwwwwwe! I have been feeding my barn cats that meat...too expensive to keep tossing out!

Do you think it'd be ok to buy deli chicken salad and puree it for the puree stage?

I make sloppy joe (meat and canned mix) and put 1 tsp each, on 2-3 nacho chips and a tiny bit of low fat shredded cheddar melted on top. lunch-done.

cold taco salad with mostly lettuce, Tomato, onion, cukes, and meat and just a sprinkle of nacho chip crumbs

Ezekial bread toasted with Peanut Butter

P3 pack of any flavor

egg salad with a couple of Wheat Thins

Rotisserie chicken and some fresh sliced tomatoes

cold Lentil salad

roasted pork loin with butternut squash

Chili

just a few ideas! i have been eating fairly 'normally' for a while and enjoying all these foods, and more, in very limited portions.

P3's are awesome! What a brilliant idea!

Oh my gosh I can hardly get past the snails....Sorry Wigster....I got a little bento box with the ice pack things in the lid, and I started taking cheese and crackers, pepparoni sticks, fruit like grapes or pineapple and that worked really well. I'm lucky that on campus we do have access to microwaves so I can bring my boxed foods, Weight Watchers Healthy choice, those kinda things, if I want. I tell ya, I have found that those boxed things have pretty good Protein amounts so I usually have maybe a half of one for dinner and then go back later for the rest of it. I don't eat beef except whats in the pepparoni so when I want ground meat we use turkey or chicken. When you make taco meat or spaghetti you don't taste the difference. Use whole wheat or I have to look at the pastas to see which is better. For noodles I use the Japanese/Asian noodles that are made of rice but you have to watch some of those too....I am more of a label reader than before for sure. And I like going to the Whole Foods or those type of stores and see what they have for food choices. More money but again read the labels and go from there. Bad thing was I got used to drinking Kombucha and loved blueberry-mint but can't drink it now because of the carbonation....

Like my Doc told me ya have to just see what works best for you and kind of pick and choose depending on how your stomach feels. He says, "3oz. isn't very much to fill so make it good!" Gee thanks Doc....lol

Good luck-hope somethin jumps out for you :)

Try Boca Burgers black bean patties. I also love zucchini pizza bites. Preheat oven to 350. Slice zuchinini and heat up for 1 min in a skillet. Flip it over and repeat for one minute. Remove and place on a baking sheet, top with marinara, turkey pepperoni and a pinch of FF mozzarella and bake until cheese bubbles (usually less than 5 min). Sooooo good and easy. Even my picky kids love it!

Also I found some good sites for bariatric cooking:

http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/recipes/

http://twosleevers.com

Hope this helps!

Do you think it'd be ok to buy deli chicken salad and puree it for the puree stage?

Sure, why not? As long as you have a decent food processor.

I've baked thin strips with chicken broth poured over the top and sprinkled with Chef Paul Magic Seasoning Blend - Poultry Magic.

When I do eat fish I like to bake it with Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce which only has 2 grams of sugar (compared to other teriyaki brands that have much higher sugar content. I just buy the cheap frozen tilapia, cod or salmon in the frozen section. They come packaged in 3 oz portions. Yesterday I just got to eating 3 ozs of food at 1 sitting. My surgery was on 8/12/14. I eat my Protein first then some green Beans with garlic powder and a little garlic pepper. I just bought Molly McButter and the spray stuff but I hated it.

I've also bought caned cooked crab which comes without the shells! I sprinkled it with Chef Paul Magic Seasoning Blend - Seafood Magic.

Tonight my husband made fajitas with green, yellow and red pepper out of carne asada. I'm just really careful to look at the fat/sugar content on everything I add to my food. I'm also staying away from the low carb tortillas and fat free Beans for now but I'm really craving them!

I supplement with 2 Protein shakes a day. I've found that Optimum Nutrition brand has a really good Turbo chocolate flavor. There's another one I really like called Jay Robb whey Protein Powder strawberry. When I want to add ingredients I use a vanilla one (haven't found one I truly like yet) but I will add vanilla Protein Powder and a peach. After 1 month post-op I was told I can try blending in spinach leaves which I now do. You can't taste it and it helps get the vegies in your diet (if you have a good blender).

I've read that you shouldn't eat more than 6 oz of canned tuna per week to avoid mercury poisoning. Similarly some fish should be limited to 12 oz per week. Dr. Oz did a show on it and you can probably look up a video online or find other related articles.

I was eating a lot of tuna before I started reading about the symptoms of mercury poisoning and it was too scary to chance it.

I'm really trying to like cottage cheese and greek yogurt but the only way I'll eat that right now is sprinkled with sugar-free Jello (I love the strawberry, cherry and lemon). I'm looking for more recipes - this is a great topic so thank you for starting it!

I take an oz Caned chicken a small amount sliced grapes a little sprouted pumpkin seeds little bit of Apple. Sometimes a little avocado and a small spoon of jalapeños chutney. ???? so tasty. My friend stoled a bite no I can't keep her outta my fridge :0)

I have eaten tuna salad or chicken salad every day for the last 4 months and if I have to eat it one more day I am going to puke. I am almost 6 months out and find myself snacking on crackers because I can't stand the Protein anymore. This has slowed my weight loss down (only lost 10 pounds in the last 3 1/2 months). I don't want to fall into the trap I did before and start going out for lunch everyday. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Why are you eating such a limited amount of things....variety is the spice of life. Isn't the monotony of a diet why we always fail... Stop dieting and find a way if eating that can be a life long lifestyle change for you. Why no eating out? I am

Just a little over six months out and I eat out. I just make good food choices. I have lost 133 pounds as of this morning. I have not felt deprived one single day since I started eating regular foods post op except I do often buy donuts on Sunday mornings for my boys and I have not had one since I had surgery. Having said that I am usually ok with that.

You need to stop acting like you are in a diet and find a happy medium that you can live with and succeed. Good luck. One of the youtubers I watch made what I think is a very profound statement... I did not do this so I couldn't eat. She has also lost more than 100lbs and has been at her goal weight for a few months.

Edited by vanessak8

What did you eat for lunch before surgery? Unless it was chips and cake and Cookies, you should be able to have the same thing. Just tweak it towards more protein/less carbs. Salads, sandwiches, burgers, Chinese, and even pizza are doable. If you don't want to go out and you've got a fridge and microwave at work there's not much you can't have. Don't think of this as a diet for the rest of your life or you won't make it.

I don't get a lunch break, so I graze on nuts, Jerky, Protein bars, portable fruit (bananas, apples, pears, grapes, etc) and Protein shakes all day long. Rarely (1-2 times a month) we actually stop for lunch and I order whatever looks good on the menu. And take home the leftovers.

Edited by Kindle

I eat a lot of .... eggs, Greek yogurt, grilled hamburger pattie on George Forman , almonds, p3 Protein packs ( ham cheese almond) lunch meat with cream cheese rolled up inside , fish and boiled shrimp