Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

8/13 was one year for me. HW 365. SW 363. Current weight 238. I started running in November right when I got under 300lbs and wanted to run at least one 5k by the end of 2015. I have ran 12 of them so far and now I love to run. I find that I eat more on days when I run than days when I don't. I am still 18lbs away from my goal weight but the dr says I am doing just fine and to remember that it has still only been one year. Happy anniversary to all the other August sleevers.!!

Edited by Mike098

Surgery date 8/19/2014 329lbs August 2015 200lbs

post-217565-14408024523401_thumb.jpg

post-217565-14408025612812_thumb.jpg

Congrats to my fellow 8/2014 sleevers! Myself SW269 CW 179 pants size started 22/24 now size 10! Still working at getting my Water in! This has been a hard year and I made it! I don't know what life has next but I am working towards fabulous! My goal is 140! Again congrats everyone and keep it moving! ????????????

It's been a year I did reach my initial goal of losing 100lbs but also I discovered I was pregnant in April about 8 months out from VSG. I am happy and so far the baby is healthy I'm due 12/16/15. Congrats to you all August 2014 sleevers! HW330 SW315 CW214 and pregnant .

post-181017-14439401271085_thumb.jpg

post-181017-14439401464878_thumb.jpg

post-181017-14439402224182_thumb.jpg

I thought I'd posted here on my first surgiversary (August 2015), but apparently not!

I reached my goal of 150 pounds 8.5 months post-op. Since then I've slowly lost another 10 pounds for a grand total of 95 pounds lost.

The difference that VSG surgery and my hard work has made in my life is enormous and all positive: Recovered mobility, energy, strength, enthusiasm for life, no knee pain, and a very relieved husband (who was so worried about me over a year ago).

My agoraphobia is completely gone. I've rejoined the land of the living in every way. I wear size 8s and 6s. I look and feel 20 years younger.

For those of you who wonder if WLS can help you, please consider it seriously. It literally has saved my life.

I thought I'd post another update.

There's been some big challenges this past week. My husband had stroke #2 (the first was May 2014). He's doing ok. We hope and pray he recovers 100% again. But boy, it sure makes you realize how important your health is.

Our son is in the military (Air Force). As a matter of fact, he was deployed the day of my surgery. I remember how upset I was that I didn't get to say good bye to him because I was unconscious when my husband got his call, lol.

Because of health issues with his wife, his leave has been eaten up with her relocation to his current base and treatments. Haven't seen him since their wedding in June 2015. He was so shook up from his Dad's second stroke, he took emergency leave and together they came home. We were over joyed to see them, even though it was only for a long weekend.

The look on his face when he saw me at the airport was priceless. I caught a glimpse of it through the tears ;-)

The last time he saw me in person, and now...

6 wks Before Surgery

IMG 2512

Having my husband be OK, and my family here these last few days - I am truly blessed.

Greetings Everyone,

It's been a while since I've checked in. I had my sleeve surgery on 8/11/2014. As of 01/04/2016, I am down 120 lbs. It's been tough. I've been been at my current weight for a few months. The scale is not moving. I guess it's a bonus that I'm not gaining, but I would love to resume losing again.

I stopped losing in July and now I've gained back 10 pounds since November!! I have to get a grip on this. I'm still down over 120, but this in not where I wanted be.

Just posting to see where everyone is at! ...I'm at the dreaded plateau but have lost a total of 150 pounds. I think it's time to start saving my pennies for skin removal surgery.

Sent from my SM-S902L using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 8/1/14. I am still moving forward towards my weight loss goal. Over this last year I gain weight due to several medical reasons and medications. I am still healthier than I have been in over 20 years. I am now working with my PCP. The weight is starting to drop off again with less the 39 pounds until goal. This has been a heck of a ride. The best thing is this tool is still working. I will never give up on my health.

Edited by LadyK44

I bottomed out last November, did pretty good over the 2015 holidays, but I've gained back 10 lbs since Jan/Feb this year. I've been sloppy about nutrition and it's showing. But I'm still feeling great, the sleeve is still working,