Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's see some before and afters people! And some stats!

Im onky 5 weeks post op and have lost 38 lbs so these are not a huge drastic change yet. But definitely starting to see the differences

AWSOME job!! You can really see the transformation starting!! Keep up the good work!! Do you have any questions regarding anything that I could help with??

Thank u. Im so excited for this journey... i have questions pop up from time to time but usually find the answers here from somwone else asking similar stuff but thank u so much :)

Im onky 5 weeks post op and have lost 38 lbs so these are not a huge drastic change yet. But definitely starting to see the differences

I can tell a big difference. Congrats girl! It's harder to see it in yourself. It seems like what I see in the mirror doesn't change as much as what the scale says but sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself from a certain angle and think, "holy crap, that's me"

6 months. Right at 100lbs.

post-201974-0-22858600-1410007377_thumb.jpg

Actually this pic was almost 2 years before my surgery and I lost about 20lbs before so it's actually about 120lbs between the two.

Thank u wallflower. I believe that is true because everyone else sees it drastically and i just see it a little. I hit my 40 lb loss on the scales this morning was a big yay for me!! U have done fabulous girl!! That before and after pic is amazing transformation!! Woohoo! I cannot wait to be in ONEDERLAND! lol i actually had lapband 8 years ago and lost 100 lbs. Had it removed about 6 months ago due to the fact i had so much reflux issues that for 3 years i was basically deflated and it wasnt a tool for me anylonger. I gained 20 of that 100 back. So if i was to count all that loss id be at about 120 lbs lost too. But im basically just counting what ive lost w this whole gastric bypass... i still have about 120 to lose. But ur photo is inspiring to me. Thank u

I definitely see a difference! Nice going!

I hope I look that great after only 5 weeks!

Yes lol, I think I have started something here. I love to see the success stories and before and after photos. I want to keep people motivated to reach their health goals!

Surgery was the best choice that I have ever made. This was a life changer! And a life saver for me!!

I am here to help anyone in there journey of weight loss! I am open to any questions and I will give all the advice and share all the knowledge I have.

Best,

Lester

Very encouraging!! I'm a newbie here and am still on the fence about the surgery, as I am a bit of a scaredy kat when it comes to surgeries, especially one such as this. I lost weight successfully with the lap band, but it developed a leak and stopes working. My doc has suggested vsg revision, but I get anxious just thinking about it! I truly feel you and the other members of this community who have undergone wls are quite brave. I hope some of that bravery rubs off on me.

Very encouraging!! I'm a newbie here and am still on the fence about the surgery, as I am a bit of a scaredy kat when it comes to surgeries, especially one such as this. I lost weight successfully with the lap band, but it developed a leak and stopes working. My doc has suggested vsg revision, but I get anxious just thinking about it! I truly feel you and the other members of this community who have undergone wls are quite brave. I hope some of that bravery rubs off on me.

That's what we are here for!! Any type of questions you have. I can give my advice straight from experience. That bravery will rub off!! Just being on here and researching on the forums is An AWSOME step!! I did so much research before I decided to do it and I thought it through and through....then my father would was overweight and unhealthy had a fatal heart attack at the young age of 58 and that was a major eye opener for me!!

Surgery 3/17. I lost 30lbs before surgery, so technically Ive lost 79lbs in 24 weeks. Total of 109lbs.

Unhappy

IMG_0878.jpg

That's what we are here for!! Any type of questions you have. I can give my advice straight from experience. That bravery will rub off!! Just being on here and researching on the forums is An AWSOME step!! I did so much research before I decided to do it and I thought it through and through....then my father would was overweight and unhealthy had a fatal heart attack at the young age of 58 and that was a major eye opener for me!!

I'm so very sorry to hear about your father. Yes 58, in my opinion, is quite young! Thanks so much for the encouragement. I will definitely be thinking about your experience, along with the experiences of others on this site as I contemplate whether or not the surgery is for me. I had the privilege of meeting a woman about my age recently who had just had sleeve surgery 6 days prior to starting work at her summer assignment. I could not believe she was up walking, let alone working! She shared tons of info and resources regarding the surgery and told me that 2 other co-workers had it approximately the same time she had hers; they all pretty much made up their minds to do it together and are now trying to start their very own support group. Prior to meeting her, I hadn't known anyone who had had this particular type of wls. It's nice to have someone to actually watch go through the entire process. Please keep us all posted on your progress!