Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 06 Bandsters - May Chat!

Hey Maysters! I figured I'd start the May chat since today is my Bandiversary!!!!! Yep, one year and 80 lbs ago I was banded. I was hoping I'd hit 100 lbs by this time, but hey, I'll take what I get and 80 lbs is nothing to sneeze at.

Well, I am having the same problem that many of you stated from last month.....junk food.:cry It's surprising how little junk food it takes to really screw up your weight loss. But I've been stress eating and of course when that happens, junk food is the food of choice. I probably need a fill but I'm having problems convincing myself to go have one done because it HURTS! Not the actual fill, but after. The acid, the sliming, the golf balls! Most of it is my own fault for eating too fast but the acid reflux is the worst. And taking acid reducers just gives me UTI's......I don't know why, it must throw off my body chemistry or something and allows bacteria to grow. Ick!

Anyway, on the positive side, I ordered me a Fluidity Bar (Celebrate a year being banded (mine was the BAR!) and how it's changed your life. I must say, my life has changed so much in the last year it is hard to describe. I've had more people walk up to me in amazement and exclaim how good I look. And I feel so much better. I can move, I can do stuff I haven't done in years, I have stamina, energy and my attitude is so much more positive. I'm willing to try new things and not give up so easy.

I'm just a happier person!:)

Have a good day!

Hi Marci,

I am not yet banded but will be on 5/14. I just wanted to say Happy Bandiversary! 80lbs lost is superb! I hope to be like you this time next year. You are an inspiration to us soon to be bandsters! Keep up the great work. You'll get past the junk food cravings, though I now it's hard to do. Congratulations on your weightloss so far!

Well I'm hanging in there. Not losing but not gaining. I have an appointment June 1 to see my surgeon. I can't get another fill until I get my flipped port revised. He told me on the last appointment he would do that and a fill at the same time. So I am assuming when I go June 1st we will be setting up the revision surgery. I am required by insurance to have that done at the hospital. So I hope to get that done in June.

In the mean time I am going to enjoy eating a few things I normally can't but in much smaller amounts. :target:

M

In the mean time I am going to enjoy eating a few things I normally can't but in much smaller amounts. :)

M

Yep, that's kind of what I'm doing, too. It's weird, sometimes I can everything, other times, nothing. I did find out that a cold will cause enough drainage that mucus builds up around the band when you least expect it.:rolleyes I got sick and had sooooo much restriction it wasn't funny. And that's what I finally figured out what it was. As long as I would drink hot liquids slowly before eating, I was fine. It's constantly a learning process!

Happy Bandiversary Maysters! Every one has done so well. We made it a year and all things are good! I'm so proud of everyone!

I got to 70 in a year and I'm very happy! I look forward to another year of losing! Sounds so funny doesn't it?

Hey Maysters! I typed a lengthy post here last week and lost it somehow beofre I got it posted. Anyway.. Happy Bandaversary month to everyone!! Can you believe how far we've come? Keep it up everyone! Next year we will all be happily at goal and maintaining. Go MAYSTERS!

Hi Everyone,

I found and posted on the April Chat thread first and then found this one.

It has been a while since I have checked in here. I enjoyed catching up on everyone while reading through April's posts.

My bandiversary was May 1. What a year it's been. I am now down 118 pounds and have finally entered the ellusive ONEderland! My life is different in so many ways--ALL GOOD!

I am so proud of each and every one of you! We have all worked really hard the last year and the results show in our tickers, pictures and testimonies. Thank you all for your support over the last year!

Marci - You have done great! I wish I could say I had lost 80 pds since my 1 yr band anniversary, but I am at this point just hoping to get to -50! I have been stuck in the -40s since Oct. Its so frustrating. What have you done that I may not be doing? I have gotten fills and am up to 8cc's, and am scheduled for another fill on the 15th.

Today is my one year bandiversary. I'm down 83 lbs. I also wanted to lose 100 but I'm pleased with my results. I definitely need another fill! My life has changed in so many ways. I feel like a new person. I lost the bulk of my weight in the first 6-7 months and it has been very slow this year but I know I made the best decision for myself and my family. I had blood work done last week and everything was perfect! I'm glad I did this before I turned 30 (13 days from now!) We all need to post some pictures this month!

Happy May!

Sorry I slacked off and didn't start the new thread for the month. I haven't been online much lately. Life has been busy! Between roller derby and getting ready for my knee surgery I am swamped!

I celebrated my bandiversary last Wednesday. I am 75 pounds down and couldn't be happier (well... 100 gone would have been nice!) I am not losing weight right now as I cannot excercise much until my knee gets fixed. Once that happens watch out! i can't wait to strap my skates back on and get back out there in the action.

I finally decided on my derby name... Siouxsicide Bomb. I also had a bit of a make over done on Sunday.. I will post a pic!

post-205860-1381313494996_thumb.jpg

I missed the new thread for May. Sorry I missed some bandiversaries. Everyoneone has done so well, We have to represent the best month of Bandsters ever! ;) So proud of all of you and glad I am sharing this journey with you. You keep me going :P Happy Bandiverary to us all! :Banane56:

Hey Drews - I love the new look...and the Doll Ball pic you posted on B2G.

Well, here we are, One year post op. May was a popular month and I have enjoyed and been inspired by all my May Bandster partners. What can i say other than I love my band. It has been one of the best years oof my life. I feel like I have my life back smile.gif Let me post some before and after stats:

Before/After

334/175-180(at goal and maintaining)

56 inch waist/34 inch waist (pant size)

54% body fat/19% body fat

XXXL/Med to Large (shirt size)

borderline diabetic with high blood pressure/low-normal range for both

I have gotten my life back because of the Band. I can do anything I want to now and not have to worry about if I am to heavy or large to participate. I have lost weight before, but never reached my goal and never kept it off. I have been at goal for 3 months now and have maintained. Thanks to you all for sharing this journey with me.

before-after.jpg

Neal, you make me want to cry! I'm so happy for your success! You are truly an inspiration to all of us. Congrats on your 3 month maintanence!

Everyone else, great job! We've all learned that there is another side of life when you are thinner. Even if it's only 50 lbs lighter. I'm hoping to hit 75 lbs by the 18th, my bandiversary. Yes, I'm like most of you, wishing to have hit that 100 mark but I am in Onederland and that alone means a lot to me.

My reward is a new/used bike. I used to bike all over the area. It was nothing for my friend and me to strap the kids on the back of the bikes and ride for 15 miles! We'd picnic half way and come home. My tush is sore, but breaking it in takes time that I'm willing to endure. I have plateaued for over 3 months and I'm hoping that the bike will be the trick to get the scale moving again.

How many of us have found exercise to be fun now? It used to be a challenge for me but now I look forward to the adventure of either walking or biking. AND I enjoy it!!! Just being thinner makes moving about in the world so much easier. Ever notice how big theatre seating is? Or how if you sit in an auditorium with folding chair seating, you don't touch the people on either side? What a blessing this is.

And how about the way people treat you? Have any of you been treated differently since you've lost weight? I work retail and you wouldn't (yeah, most of you would) believe how people treat me now compared to a year ago! I don't feel the stare of their eyes either. Although I find myself wanting to witness my band experience with the overweight customers I help. It makes you so excited that you want to scream it at the top of your lungs and tell the world what the band has done for you!

CHEERS TO ALL OF US!!! AND HERE'S TO ANOTHER YEAR OF SUCCESSES, TRIUMPHS, AND GOALS!!!!!

Thanks to each and everyone of you who have hung in there and helped inspire, encourage and challenge me through this site. May God's blessings flow through this network.

Okay, I'll step down from the soap box now...