Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How about your jewelry (rings) after surgery?

I went ahead and got my engagement ring sized down 3 sizes, but still haven't got my bands sized down. It was only $20 to have to sized, so I figured that wouldn't be too bad and I could do it again. I also went kind of small. I got it sized super snug and now it's already a bit loose.

Hey @@pik! Call me crazy, but THAT RING IS FRIGGIN GORGEOUS and I'd have it somewhere in a safe or safety deposit box until I got married!!! LOLOLOL I think you said it's a year or so out, so that little bundle o' joy would be sized one time only - when I was ready to walk down the aisle. That's an awesome NSV to look forward to and losing a little wear time now to preserve the integrity and have to only have it sized once, would be well worth the sacrifice. I'd buy a cheaper 'transition' ring for now. That's just my two cents. By the way, did I mention that your ring is FRIGGIN GORGEOUS?!?!?!?!? :-)

Hey @@pik! Call me crazy, but THAT RING IS FRIGGIN GORGEOUS and I'd have it somewhere in a safe or safety deposit box until I got married!!! LOLOLOL I think you said it's a year or so out, so that little bundle o' joy would be sized one time only - when I was ready to walk down the aisle. That's an awesome NSV to look forward to and losing a little wear time now to preserve the integrity and have to only have it sized once, would be well worth the sacrifice. I'd buy a cheaper 'transition' ring for now. That's just my two cents. By the way, did I mention that your ring is FRIGGIN GORGEOUS?!?!?!?!? :-)

Thank you!!! I like it! I hate that I am not wearing it. I used to always have it on, well not to bed or the shower.

I couldn't ask for any other ring...... It's just hard because you don't know when you will stop losing weight. Right now I lose 1-2 lbs a day.

I love the ring. We were looking at diamonds for the center stone and they were costing around 7500 and I just felt like it was way too much, and then the cost of the actual ring/setting! Tanzanite is my favorite gem and I was going to have 2 tanzanites on either side of the middle stone and when we passed a tanzanite across the center of the stone I knew it's what I wanted.

When he finally gave me the ring, it was a different stone. Much bigger than the one I picked!

My rings still fit (surgery six weeks ago) and it is important to me to wear at least a band every day. When my rings get too loose I plan to wear them on a necklace and get a cheap band to wear on my finger. I'll be so gorgeous I'll need to alert all the men to my married status, lol

My rings still fit (surgery six weeks ago) and it is important to me to wear at least a band every day. When my rings get too loose I plan to wear them on a necklace and get a cheap band to wear on my finger. I'll be so gorgeous I'll need to alert all the men to my married status, lol

That's right you will be!

You know that's funny. We went on a cruise the beginning of May and I told him he may as well ask me before the cruise or all of the old men on the cruise were gonna try and pick me up!

I went to my jeweler today and I could get a guard but they also mentioned these little rubber/plastic things that go around your ring. I found a package of them and they work out pretty well. I just have to cut them almost in half for it to fit because of the speed bumps.

So hopefully this will solve my problem for now!

Haven't been able to wear my ring since i lost the first 40 lbs. Wear it on a chain for now until weight stabilizes

This is what I got for right now. It cost me $3.00. I had to cut it down to fit in my ring because of the speed bumps in the ring.

http://www.amazon.com/Snuggies-Sizer-Assorted-Sizes-Adjuster/dp/B00668J39Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1407977290&sr=8-5&keywords=ring+sizer+insert

Thanks for the link

Thanks for the link

Sure thing! I got mine at a store called Charming Charlies.

My rings slipped off me today when I was giving my puppy a bath. I am trying to convince my husband to buy me another diamond band to match the one I have now then I can wear the loose ones on the bottom and a tighter one on top to keep them on.

My rings slipped off me today when I was giving my puppy a bath. I am trying to convince my husband to buy me another diamond band to match the one I have now then I can wear the loose ones on the bottom and a tighter one on top to keep them on.

That's what the jeweler gave me as one of my options, but she said just a plain white gold or silver band.

Beautiful ring Pik!!!

Mr wedding rings are falling off too now. I think I'm just going to get silver yarn and wrap it around the ring for now until I find something else to use. I don't know how I'm going to tie it though....... hmmmmm lol

I remember when my high school bf gave me his class ring to wear I used to put some stuff from the Orthodontist along the inside that would just mold right to the ring. I think it was for braces, I'm not sure.

Did anyone else do that? Of course I wouldn't do that now with this ring!!!