Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op gastric sleeve!

Hello, I am 21 & I am 2 days post op for the gastric sleeve surgery. I went under July 30, 2014. The main issue I am having is the gas. It is creating a HUGE DISCOMFORT. Every time I take sips of my sugar free juice it feels like it created more gas in my stomach. I'm not really hungry but I can go for a burger. I'm also afraid to fart. When I farted in the hospital I had loose poop all over myself. Sorry for the information. I haven't burped yet, burping is so difficult. Drinking is difficult, farting is difficult, sitting down, laying up, lying down, they are all difficult. I'm walking around my house as much as I can but it's not pushing the gas out like I want. I just want to get to the mushy foods already. Anybody has suggestions? Pleaseeeeee.

You're still too new for mushy foods so don't push it. Keep walking as much as you can, it will push the gas out of your system. It just takes a little bit of time, you can't rush these things. You might want to lay off the juice for a few days and stick with the Water and popsicles. The juice might be adding to your gas and runny stools. broth, Jello, and yogurt should be pretty much what you're supposed to eat for another week or so. Your stomach is very sensitive and you could hurt it by putting food in there that it is not able to digest. Take it easy and the sleeve will take care of you during your weight loss. Good luck to you.

Thank you so much I thought no one was going to reply but ok, I will take it really slow & just keep praying. Most of the gas went away, but still feeling discomfort. I will try to walk the track today.

I did not know there is a sugar free juice. Beware. Drink Water and Crystal Light. Gas-X. Nothing acidic. Burping helps and is normal and it helps with the gas too. Just rest, walk, and read. You will have a lot of issues, including hair loss wigs, Vitamins, exercise, food prep, too much Protein, too little Protein, you are on the first phase. Hang in there and read. Best of luck.

My friend use gas x is very good thay help me a lot.. i got my surgery 3 weeks ago use hot tea every thing that is hot work for gases

I got sleeved on the 29th, and I've found that walking and doing gentle stretches helps shift the gas around. I hope you feel better!

Thank you all. I did some walking and the gas calmed down, it's just the sips of something to drink such as Water & it feels like it creates more gas. Frustrating but I will continue to walk.

hi there ... I too had my sleeve done on 29 July .... n I feel horrible , frustrated . i am taking Jello Water vegetable broth and protien shakes .... but I feel unsatisfied .... I think it's the head hunger .... I crave to all different kinds of food .... and I have guest at home ... and they makes such delicious food... makes me sad :( ... I hope it ends soon .

Today was my first event that involved food. It was tough. Child's birthday party with a full delicious looking meal topped with cake. But I did it. I knew how sick I would be if I did eat any of it. It's also great having a very supportive husband saying you have to wait till you see your doctor yo be cleared for the next step. Thank god for him or I may have caved a little!

I truly understand my cousin cooked fried fish, with broccoli and mad and cheese and I was just so upset , I wanted to sneak something but I knew I would be done for.

Me too! I'm still on Clear liquids, and I had to go to my daughter's back to school pizza party tonight. The pizza smelled SO GOOD, and it was just Papa Johns, which normally I could take or leave.

I am so dang bored of liquids.< /p>