Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when did you go back to work?

I went back to work three days after surgery and felt fine but I have a desk job. My problem was trying to get enough food and liquids in. Otherwise I felt exactly the same as before.

I got sleeved on 7 July and going back to work tomorrow (18 August) thanks to my doctor that gave me 6 weeks off work.

And the good news is I don't have to worry about what to wear, everything hanging in my closet is all lose!! Gosh! I'm so happy!!

I had surgery four months ago today (down 52lbs) and was back at work fulltime five days after surgery. I didn't have any problems after surgery or after returning to work, no one even knew I had surgery. I did go to bed earlier than usual for at least the first week, maybe two, after but now have more energy than I have in years!

Take your time, everyone heals differently. Good luck to you!

I had my surgery on Wednesday and went back to work on the following Monday with no problems at all.

1. My surgeon is recommending 4 weeks and to wait and see if I need more time once we get closer to that date. 3 close friends who have all had the bypass surgery said that regardless that I had the sleeve, they recommend I take the full 6 weeks because the food stages are difficult to adjust to and it also can become very emotional being around friends at work who bring in the candy, potluck treats, fast foods, deli sandwiches, etc. Although I think I'm exposed more to food at home between family, books and tv!

Everyone is different. I didn't understand why my doctor recommended 5 weeks. But I'm glad I took off 5 weeks. While I starts feeling better after 2 weeks, my energy level didn't return until week 4.

She also recommended the 5 weeks to allow me to get through the first few food stages without the stresses of my coworkers watching & commenting on my every move.

I'm so glad I stayed out for 5 weeks.

I have mine on 8/28, And I'm taking 4 weeks without work stress to go through some of the food stages. My job has a lot of stress this summer, so it is going to help me to enter this in a comfortable pace.

I know I am taking off almost 2 weeks. I will return for a few weeks of light duty at the request of my surgeon, because of my position in law enforcement and prone to physical altercations. I will be on light duty for roughly 2 weeks.

I know I am taking off almost 2 weeks. I will return for a few weeks of light duty at the request of my surgeon, because of my position in law enforcement and prone to physical altercations. I will be on light duty for roughly 2 weeks.

Good idea! Even though I went back after a week, I certainly wouldn't have wanted any "altercations". I'm a vet tech and I actually rescheduled one appointment because I wasn't up to wrestling an 80 pound dog who hates getting his nails trimmed.

I had surgery on a Wednesday, went back to work on the 2nd Monday, so 10 days total. I work in an office setting so I was able to chill most of the day and take things easy. The first week was tough, but I really think if I had spent more time at home I would have gone crazy. I traveled for work on Day 28, kind of crazy, it was the same day I was to graduate to solid food. I took lots of Protein single serves the kind that could be mixed with Water. It went great!