Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And So Our Journey Begins...

Misty, I'm quite grateful that you've started this thread and are "live-blogging" your first 30 days.

That's the time period I think everyone wants to know about. My surgery is scheduled for August 18.

I really appreciate this thread.

I'm glad she's doing this too...I'm scheduled for VSG on August 27th!

Good luck! That is 2 days before my birthday!! I'll be just over a month post-op. :)

Sounds like you are doing great. I am very happy for you Misty. I don't walk as much because I am in pain. I take meds about twice a day for it and last night I had this cough so I was sooooooo sore and achy today. On the bright side, I was able to get in more fluids. Oh, an I had my surgery two days BEFORE my birthday. : )

Misty Ann Moon,

Glad to know you your "new" tummy can tolerate more fluids. Feel better daily!

Sounds like you are doing great. I am very happy for you Misty. I don't walk as much because I am in pain. I take meds about twice a day for it and last night I had this cough so I was sooooooo sore and achy today. On the bright side, I was able to get in more fluids. Oh, an I had my surgery two days BEFORE my birthday. : )

Sorry to hear you aren't that mobile yet, you'll get there! Just because I could walk didn't mean I wanted to, that's for sure!! Each day gets better!

The mall was exhausting, we only went to 2 stores and all I wanted was to be home again. I managed to get 60g of Protein in yesterday and a pretty decent amount of Water. Moving up in leaps and bounds. I'm pretty good about drinking more.

So for those of you who are dying to know...I'm down 10 pounds exactly!! My starting weight was 274.8 on the day of surgery and when I just weighed myself I am now 264.8, I haven't weighed that little in 2 years.

The glue lifted off of one of my incisions so one is completely uncovered, another one is half uncovered and the other 3 have a tiny amount of lift. Once the glue is all lifted I will be putting on scar be gone adhesive Patches to see how to get rid of the scars.

Woot, woot Misty! 11lbs. is awesome. Keep up the good work.

I am feeling much better. I am able to walk about 20 minutes at very low speed and sleep is easier. No pain meds for two days now.

@@MisPetunia That's amazing!!

I am now 263.2 lbs now. I was out of the house for many many hours, I went to a therapy appt, and then to the hospital to visit my ex-father in law since he had the surgery too and I was gone for about 7 hours and I was EXHAUSTED when I got home so I watched some TV and knocked out!

I was able to practically double my Water in take and Protein came easier too! Yay for a good health day!

Misty!!!! So happy I found this post I'm happy you are doing sooo good we talked a lot b4 ur surgery and I know how exited u were. I am soooooo happy u r doing so good congrats

Spent the entire day yesterday laying around, it was glorious. :) Didn't get all my Protein in because I tried a new flavor of Protein and hated it, so I drank about half. I also ate a few tiny spoons of cottage cheese and some Jello (at different times during the day). Had some chest pains early in the day pretty sure I ate too much Jello.

I weighed in today same as yesterday, no loss: 263.2. Not worried about it. Heading to the store later, so I will be trying broth/soup. Any one recommend any delicious brands that go down easy?

Misty, I'm glad for you that it's going better. Loving this thread. Thank you.

Yesterday was more of the same, I was having some serious issues drinking my second Protein and my chest felt incredibly weird as well. I am desperately missing real food. I'm going to try cottage cheese again later.

Another day of no weight-loss, still 263.2, that says to me there is a big drop coming any day now. Didn't try broth yesterday, but I will be trying it today for sure.

Today is the day! I am leaving for the hospital in 20 minutes!

I would like to use this post as my daily update/journal for the first 30 days so everyone can see what it is like for me!

I'll be back in a couple hours with my first post-op update!!

I'm over the moon excited and just ready to have this done.

M-O-O-N, that spells "success".

(Couldn't resist throwing a little Stephen King reference out there)

GOOD LUCK!

I felt really yucky yesterday from not eating enough. I went to the store and did some grocery shopping and I was super weak and shaky when I got home, but I tried broth for the first time and it was amazing and I was in love with the change of flavor. A couple hours later I actually had more broth with two bacon ritz crackers, it was amazing. I felt satisfied and slightly full. It was a very good feeling.

Weighed in today and the scale moved down to 261.8, so woohoo! Took my 1 week measurements and I've lost about a half inch to an inch in some places, so that is pretty cool.

Yesterday was a super good day. I had vanilla premier Protein and it was disgusting, I didn't finish it. So weird that I like the chocolate one a lot, but not the vanilla one in the slightest. I weighed in again and Another day of the same weight. Looks like I will be dropping in small bursts. Rather than a steady crawl. I drove a long ways to hang out with a couple of friends, and it was awesome, I wasn't super tired.

No drop in the scale, again. But on the fun side I experimented with solids and it went well. I ate cottage cheese with 3 slices of turkey pepperoni and there where no issues. Then for a very delightful late dinner I ate about 1 ounce of tuna, hickory smoke flavor, and it also gave me no problems. I was having issues with my Protein so i'm pretty sure I didn't get enough. I used to read these forums and when people said drinking enough Protein everyday was a problem I didn't get it, but now I do. Protein, when not in food form, is not amazing. So i am trying something new today. I'm having my protein in a blended with ice way that will hopefully make it easier, or at least keep it colder longer.