Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And So Our Journey Begins...

To answer everyones burning question, yes this was an outpatient procedure, which I didn't mind since as soon as I could walk I wanted to go home anyway. My surg will keep us overnight if he feels there is any need, and the way I was feeling staying at the hospital would have been no help either. A lot of surgeons do this outpatient. :)

I tried Jello yesterday and ate the entire day about 1 tbs of Jello total, since my tummy said "oh hell no". I was pretty miserable yesterday but I woke up this morning and I feel 10X better. Drinking Water was terrible, now it is bearable. I know for a fact that I am not drinking enough. So that is my goal for the day, drink more water! I am nervous to try Protein drinks, I may wait another day and do it tomorrow since I only like cold Protein and I don't think my tummy would appreciate it.

Misty, I'm quite grateful that you've started this thread and are "live-blogging" your first 30 days.

That's the time period I think everyone wants to know about. My surgery is scheduled for August 18.

I really appreciate this thread.

Misty, I'm quite grateful that you've started this thread and are "live-blogging" your first 30 days.

That's the time period I think everyone wants to know about. My surgery is scheduled for August 18.

I saw someone else do this and I found it to be super informative. :) I'll start updating my weight in the next couple days too once the swelling goes down.

I saw someone else do this and I found it to be super informative. :) I'll start updating my weight in the next couple days too once the swelling goes down.

Misty, do you know what that person's name / handle here was? I'd love to read theirs, too.

Misty, do you know what that person's name / handle here was? I'd love to read theirs, too.

Oh wow it was so long ago, her handle was Janelle I think. I found it: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/303887-because-im-happy-clap-along-if-you-feel-like-a-room-wo-a-roof/?view=findpost&p=3505682&hl=%2Broom+%2Bwithout+%2Broof

Misty, how did you do with the Protein shakes? How much Water are you getting? I have found it hard to get in all my liquids but everyday it gets a bit better. I am worried because I am only getting about half the recommendation.

Praying for you in India.....remember to sip, sip, sip

Thanks for the positive thoughts! @@India Mark

Today is my first time getting any Protein at all because my stomach did not even like Water, today is the first day I actually feel 90% normal. I have been definitely not getting enough Water, but I did better yesterday than the day before and I will do even better today. I have a Premier Protein and it tastes pretty ok. Still no weigh-in today, tomorrow I will do my first one.

The glue is starting to fall off on its own, I will be taking my first shower today and my mom, my best friend, and I will be going to the mall and to my favorite store: Charming Charlies to buy myself a post-op present. :) Let's see just how exhausted that I will be after a couple hours of retail therapy. I may just go into Torrid and buy the smallest size dress they have and hold it while I shrink down.

This is exciting stuff. How's everyone else doing it?

post-216404-0-52693300-1406482479_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing your journey. Are you still taking pain meds? Or are you feeling ok without them?

Use some responsible caution on the pain chillers. I didn't take any for 4 months (perks) due to fear of tearing up healing flesh and general after effects of Constipation, etc.....had enough of that early on. But about a month ago starting training for my wine marathon in Italy this September (distance drinking). Found one Percocet seemed to settle the stomach acids enough to let me enjoy a bottle or two of a mild, laid back Chardonnay,,,,like to keep a couple hours between the wine and any significant food intake, just to be adult about it. Get tipsy a little quicker so need to be aware. Find food also settles more easily--again pain pill seems to lower the production of stomach secretions, Clearly I am not a doctor and my personal experience shouldn't be taken as advise..but it works (or is working for me). Slowly finds what works for you and enjoy the same when you want. Mind and body will get you where you want to be. 120 days gone; 80 pounds down---yah who!

Use some responsible caution on the pain chillers. I didn't take any for 4 months (perks) due to fear of tearing up healing flesh and general after effects of Constipation, etc.....had enough of that early on. But about a month ago starting training for my wine marathon in Italy this September (distance drinking). Found one Percocet seemed to settle the stomach acids enough to let me enjoy a bottle or two of a mild, laid back Chardonnay,,,,like to keep a couple hours between the wine and any significant food intake, just to be adult about it. Get tipsy a little quicker so need to be aware. Find food also settles more easily--again pain pill seems to lower the production of stomach secretions, Clearly I am not a doctor and my personal experience shouldn't be taken as advise..but it works (or is working for me). Slowly finds what works for you and enjoy the same when you want. Mind and body will get you where you want to be. 120 days gone; 80 pounds down---yah who!

A percocet and 2 bottles of wine on an empty stomach?? Id be puking from the percocet alone

I'm glad she's doing this too...I'm scheduled for VSG on August 27th!

India Mark ...

With all due respect, are you nuts?

Taking Percocet (oxycodone) and alcohol together?

Google is your friend.

http://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/mixing-percocet-with-alcohol/

http://www.drugs.com/disease-interactions/acetaminophen-oxycodone,percocet.html

Clearly, you are NOT a doctor. What you are mixing is crazy-- very dangerous! In my opinion, it also sounds like you are on the way to crossing over from a food addiction to an alcohol addiction.

Thanks for sharing your journey. Are you still taking pain meds? Or are you feeling ok without them?

I have not taken a pain med since the first night I got home. I feel very good about that too. I'm actually taking liquids better throughout the day.